Eat at Home 3!

Well my first two weeks went well. I didn’t go out except for last night for Chinese with some coworkers. I have also taken my lunch everyday. I have changed tomorrow nights plans to pepper steak stir fry as I got a great deal on the steak at the store tonight.

Next week’s menu
Sunday- chicken paprika with homemade spaetzle
Monday- leftovers
Tuesday- tacos with Spanish rice
Wednesday- sloppy Joe’s with chips and fruit
Thursday- orange chicken stir fry
Friday- grilled cheese and tomato soup
Saturday- beef stew with biscuits

Week of 3/24

Saturday- fajitas, corn
Sunday - roast chicken, mashed potatoes, broccoli
Monday - salmon, asparagus, rice
Tuesday - out to eat
Wednesday - spaghetti, zucchini
Thursday - cordon blue, mashed potatoes green beans
Friday - off to Disney!! :)

Saturday (tonight): Going to our nephew's birthday party, so either pizza or we'll grab something while out
Sunday: Swedish Meatballs with mashed potatoes and glazed carrots
Monday: Chicken Pot Pie
Tuesday: Ravioli with Pesto Sauce
Wednesday: Chicken Marsala
Thursday: Chicken/Apple Sausages with Mac & Cheese
Friday: Lemon Pepper Fish

Monday: Gnocchi with red sauce, broccoli
Tuesday: Parmesan/panko crusted chicken, corn, tomato and cucumber slices with ranch
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Soup, salad, alexa waffle fries
Friday: Pasta primavera
Saturday: Party during the day with my workout class studio, so not sure
Sunday: Frozen appetizers-mozz sticks, boneless wings, avocado "fries", potato skins

So, I still can't seem to make chicken - this week, I made everything but the 2 chicken dishes, subbing in a Potato/Ham/Corn Chowder with Biscuits and Smoothies and a Hamburger Helper meal (lord, my spouse - it was his request and I made him happy - I haven't made it in 9 months, and the boxes did need to be used, and he ate the leftovers for lunch, so I can't be too sad)...for this coming week, I have cabbage...and at 19 cents/lb, I have 3 small cabbages (which cost me 95 cents total), so I'll be working around that and putting my chicken dishes back in...

Sun - Braised Beef Tortellini (great deal on fancy deli tortellini - ended up with fresh pasta for 10 for $5 total) in a Pesto sauce, Balsamic Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks, Strawberries
Mon - White Fish Taco Salads with Cilantro Lime Cabbage Slaw and Chipotle Mayo on those new Fiesta Flat shells, Black Bean/Corn/Tomato Salad
Tues - BBQ Chicken Tenders, Regular Cole Slaw (Cabbage, Carrots, White Dressing), Apple Blueberry Muffins
Wed - (Try #2) Baked Fried Chicken Tenders over Waffles drizzled with Honey and Mustard, Strawberries and Bananas
Thurs - Lamb and Lentil Crockpot Stew (extra veg from the week and any last cabbage), Biscuits, Clementines
Fri (youngest birthday dinner request) - Stouffers Mac and Cheese and Cherry Berry Fruit Smoothies with Baskin Robbins Ice Cream cake for dessert (I have a localflavor gift cert that makes this 1/2 off, so score)
Sat - Out (TBD - Youngest's choice)

We FINALLY ate the chicken last week (and it was good!) In fact, we actually pretty much stuck to this schedule, except for Monday (pretty sure I made beef tacos, but that was a long time ago:)...so, here's this week's plan...focus is on easy and empty out my freezer

Sun (late Church night, so FAST and easy are crucial) - Grocery Store subs (got 6 for $10, so that was a steal), Chips, Blackberries/Blueberries
Mon - Trader Joe's Honey Chicken, Balsamic Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks (these were AMAZING last week, and I have one cabbage left), Strawberries/Blueberries, Parker House Rolls
Tues - Aldi's Stuffed Shells Baked in Marinara Sauce, Roasted Italian Veg (Mushrooms, Bell Peppers, Onion), Sliced Apples
Wed - Patty Melts (Cheddar, Green Leaf Lettuce), Baked Onion Rings, Last of Strawberries/Blackberries/Blueberries
Thurs - Stuffed Peppers with Quinoa, Barley, Beef, and Cheese (and any leftover roasted veg), Fruit Smoothies,
Fri - OUT (Free Pizza from Papa John's for kids - I stupidly let one free pizza expire in Feb, and I'm not doing that again:) - Date night for spouse and I at local Hibachi with a Groupon for a fish night
Sat - Mom's Easter Dinner - We're bringing a fresh fruit tray
Sun - Sis's Easter Dinner - We're bringing my spouse's home brew for everyone

I've been really meaning to post for about oh...8 weeks!?!...however I did keep a running list in notepad on my phone. Looks like we average eating home 4-5 nights per week and weekends are our biggest downfall. Most of our eating out is pizza take out which runs $18-25 per episode and Chinese ends up being $45-65 per episode depending whether it is eaten in our out.

Week of 1/21

Sun-Roasted chicken, egg noodles, broccoli
Mon-Stew from freezer
Tuesday- ate out Chinese
Wednesday- Cajun chicken pasta
Thurs-kids made tacos
Friday-free pizza from job
Saturday-ate out late lunch at Italian place

Week of 1/28

Sunday - chicken fajitas
Monday-pork and sauerkraut in crockpot over elbow noodles
Tuesday-sandwiches/chips/pickles
Wednesday- take out pizza
Thursday-taco bell
Friday-leftovers
Saturday-pot roast in crockpot, mashed potatoes

Week of 2/4

Sunday- Pioneer woman Chicken scallopine over linguine, roasted green beans
Monday- college visit 2.5 hours away - ate out at restaurant and pizza when we got home
Tuesday - taco soup
Wednesday- homemade chicken chow mein over white rice
Thursday - ate out Chinese
Friday - roasted chicken from Costco
Saturday - sausage,pepper,onion dish over pasta

Week of 2/11

Sunday-leftovers
Monday- pizza?? can't remember
Tuesday - out to eat for husband's bday
Wednesday - soup dinner at church
Thursday - beef with snow peas over white rice
Friday - ate out (mom paid-my birthday and husband's birthday)
Saturday - vegan potato leek soup and sourdough bread

Week of 2/18:

Sunday - sandwiches

Monday - pioneer woman drip beef sandwiches
Tuesday - take out pizza and salad
Wednesday- roaster chicken, asparagus, mashed potatoes
Thursday-left overs
Friday-chicken fajitas
Saturday- ate out Chinese

Week of 2/25:

Sunday- Hungarian goulash
Monday-eggs and toast/one daughter had tacos/one daughter KFC drive thru after play practice
Tuesday-napa valley chicken over egg noodles
Wednesday - Beef and broccoli over rice
Thursday- leftovers
Friday-leftovers
Saturday- Red Robin

Week of 3/4:

Sunday- out to eat Chinese
Monday - pizza
Tuesday-chicken cordon bleu, Brussels, mashed potatoes
Wednesday-roasted chicken, mac n cheese, cut up veggies with ranch
Thursday-chicken chow mein
Friday-tomato soup and grilled cheese
Saturday-leftovers

Week of 3/11:

Sunday- chicken fajitas
Monday- one pot chili mac and cheese
Tuesday- one daughter and I ate out crawdad, other daughter pizza at regional choir practice
Wednesday - cannot remember, maybe leftovers??
Thursday- one daughter and I KFC drive thru, other daughter pizza at regional choir practice
Friday- ate out at Ikea, other daughter pizza at regional choir practice
Saturday- corned beef dinner

Week of 3/18:

Sunday- lunch take out pizza/dinner out to eat Chinese o_O
Monday- turkey dinner including turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, green bean casserole

Tuesday-spaghetti dinner at local church $5 each
Wednesday- beef with snow peas over white rice
Thursday- Chinese take out
Friday- leftovers
Saturday- went to accepted student day at college 2.5 hours away-ate out there/pizza take out for dinner

Plan so far for this week:
Sloppy joes
Turkey noodle soup
Sausage pepper and onion dish over pasta
Soup dinner at church on Thursday

Help.....I just need a boost of some fresh ideas for my family. I used to cook at home so much and really miss it, but those were the days were our nights weren't split 3 different ways and our kids were little.

I've read through pages and pages of ideas, but man, I just guess my family is wwaaayyyyy more plain/picky than I thought.

5-7nights a week are at soccer training, most week nights training could be anywhere from 5:30-8:30, could be as short as 90 mins or as long as 3 hours, and then games are on Friday nights, Sat & Sunday. The fields are approx 20 mins away, but most nights takes approx 35 mins due to traffic.

DD17 got a part time after-school job that she could have to go in as early as 4 or as late as 6. Takes 15-25 mins depending on traffic.

DH works clear across town, so I usually drop DD off at work on the way to the fields and DH meets us there. Some nights we both stay the entire time, and I do my walking laps, other nights I stay until he gets there and then go home and start cooking dinner, or some of us moms are in a rotation group to look after the kids for the duration of the training, so some nights I get to drop off and head back home, but DH still drives there to pick up.

So we have :
DH - a man of all meats, lol, I'd say typical mid-western tastes, would eat steak and potatoes 21 times a week, year round, likes almost anything out of a crockpot, just about any kind of casserole, very hearty meals, he's the only one..
Me- I strongly dislike most things that come out of a box (hamburger helper, stove top,:crazy2: etc) I do not like tomatoes or tomato sauce, I would say I like seasonal eating, spring & summer I want fresh veggies & fruits, not hot heavy crockpot meals, not too keen on frozen foods either, no straight milk
DD17- is a lover of all salads, would rather starve all day that carry a lunchbox to school (idk) :rolleyes2
DS12 - athlete - can't get carbs fast enough, would eat plain cooked pasta for B/L/D - has a strong aversion to any type of condiment or sauce, highly distrustful of cheese (except goldfish, cheeze-its & cheetos, lol) small amounts of dairy, recently opened up to the world of protein bars after years of trying
DS10 - athlete - either pecks like a bird or eats like he has a hallow leg, nothing in-between. weirdly enough likes fish sticks :confused3

So, my cooking times could potentially have to be as early as 4pm, and be something that can be held hot, until I can wrap it up and make a plate to bring DH at the field, OR as late as 8:30 at night.....kids pretty much shower & straight to bed on the late nights.

The extent of my custom orders is either omitting something small or adding something small. Such as cheese or no cheese on your sandwich, or sauce or no sauce on your pasta, I'm not looking to make 3 different meals each night.....

Help.....I just need a boost of some fresh ideas for my family. I used to cook at home so much and really miss it, but those were the days were our nights weren't split 3 different ways and our kids were little.

I've read through pages and pages of ideas, but man, I just guess my family is wwaaayyyyy more plain/picky than I thought.

5-7nights a week are at soccer training, most week nights training could be anywhere from 5:30-8:30, could be as short as 90 mins or as long as 3 hours, and then games are on Friday nights, Sat & Sunday. The fields are approx 20 mins away, but most nights takes approx 35 mins due to traffic.

DD17 got a part time after-school job that she could have to go in as early as 4 or as late as 6. Takes 15-25 mins depending on traffic.

DH works clear across town, so I usually drop DD off at work on the way to the fields and DH meets us there. Some nights we both stay the entire time, and I do my walking laps, other nights I stay until he gets there and then go home and start cooking dinner, or some of us moms are in a rotation group to look after the kids for the duration of the training, so some nights I get to drop off and head back home, but DH still drives there to pick up.

So we have :
DH - a man of all meats, lol, I'd say typical mid-western tastes, would eat steak and potatoes 21 times a week, year round, likes almost anything out of a crockpot, just about any kind of casserole, very hearty meals, he's the only one..
Me- I strongly dislike most things that come out of a box (hamburger helper, stove top,:crazy2: etc) I do not like tomatoes or tomato sauce, I would say I like seasonal eating, spring & summer I want fresh veggies & fruits, not hot heavy crockpot meals, not too keen on frozen foods either, no straight milk
DD17- is a lover of all salads, would rather starve all day that carry a lunchbox to school (idk) :rolleyes2
DS12 - athlete - can't get carbs fast enough, would eat plain cooked pasta for B/L/D - has a strong aversion to any type of condiment or sauce, highly distrustful of cheese (except goldfish, cheeze-its & cheetos, lol) small amounts of dairy, recently opened up to the world of protein bars after years of trying
DS10 - athlete - either pecks like a bird or eats like he has a hallow leg, nothing in-between. weirdly enough likes fish sticks :confused3

So, my cooking times could potentially have to be as early as 4pm, and be something that can be held hot, until I can wrap it up and make a plate to bring DH at the field, OR as late as 8:30 at night.....kids pretty much shower & straight to bed on the late nights.

The extent of my custom orders is either omitting something small or adding something small. Such as cheese or no cheese on your sandwich, or sauce or no sauce on your pasta, I'm not looking to make 3 different meals each night.....

Okay, that's rough! If 2 of you want fresh veg/salads and 2 seem to want hearty (with the last a wild card), I'd probably plan "adaptable" meals, where a different type of meat and salad are available every time that someone can turn into a large protein/side salad or someone can turn into a main dish salad with a few slivers of protein on top...

Chicken, Pork Loin/Tenderloin, Steak, and White Fish would be my go-to proteins. You can break down chicken into tenders size and you can break down the pork products into medallion size and you can cook the steak and white fish (whichever you choose) in about 15 minutes from the time you end up at home...

Some ideas I might run with...

Fajita bowls - I'd do Bell Peppers, Onions, Zucchini, and any other sauteed veg you like - you can even saute it early and rewarm in a pan when you get home. I'd have Pre-Chopped Lettuce (I do this and put it in a gallon ziploc), Rice (Minute Rice can be done asap), and Guacamole or Diced Avocado with Lime (and Shredded Cheese for anyone who wants it). I'd make the protein when I got home in the pan, and warm the veg with the protein when there's 1-2 minutes left on the protein. People who want "meat and potatoes" could go heavy meat and rice...people who want heavy veg can do all the vegs and then put it on salad. People who want what they want can do what they want...

Taco salad bowls/Nachos - Rather than the veg saute, have a black bean saute (corn, red onion, lime, cilantro - whatever you like)...cook whatever other protein you want. Serve with the lettuce, avocado, shredded cheese, and tortillas crisps. Those who want "meat and potatoes" can make a nacho set up. Those that want a veg-forward meal can start with a bed of the beans or the lettuce and add on...

Italian Roasted Vegetables with Pasta and Premade Meatballs in Sauce and Fresh Mozzarella or Parm - http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/italian-roasted-vegetables-179864#activity-feed (don't do the potatoes - and this is just an example)...So, meat and potatoes gets spaghetti and meatballs and adds a few veggies if he wants...no sauce kid can have plain pasta and veg or meatballs on the side...and the women can do a nice veg salad tossing it with the fresh mozzerella. Veg can be cooked ahead and reheated or served room temp or cold. Meatballs can sit in a crockpot to warm with the sauce. Pasta is done when you get home.

Baked Chicken Tenders Ala Glaze (Thai Peanut-Glazed, Orange-Soy Glaze, Honey Mustard Glaze, Hoisin Garlic Glaze, White Wine and Garlic, Apricot Honey, BBQ Glaze, Buffalo Wing, etc, etc). Whatever glaze you choose, use the ingredients that would match that salad. (So, for example, for Buffalo Wing glaze, get a nice diced romaine, shredded carrot and celery, and blue cheese dressing. For a Thai Peanut chicken, get a nice cabbage slaw (with carrots), sliced bell pepper, cilantro, diced green onions, chopped cucumber, peanuts, and/or peanut dressing.)
And microwave a few potatoes to be baked potatoes for the meat and potatoes folks while the chicken cooks (you can prep through glazing the chicken before you get home). This can also be done with the pork medallions:). Serve the meat folks twice as much protein and a little plain salad and a potato...make full salads for the other folks...Vegs can almost all be pre-prepped before games, so it's a simple as open and dump:)...

I'll keep thinking, but this might get you started!:)

I didn't get to post last weeks menu...but we ate at home and brought lunches all week last week...until Friday...I was working the second job, dh was exhausted after a long and stressful week...and He finished the week with a huge promotion...which we will see if it works out. So he and the boys ate out friday night...and We went out saturday night to celebrate his promotion.

Sunday ( last night ) Lasagna...I had prepped another night and had in the freezer
Monday ( tonight ) Lasagna left overs, caesar salad and garlic bread
Tuesday ( second job ) dh will probably make some sort of hamburger noodle casserole.
Wednesday - honey garlic chicken breasts / rice / brocolli / salad
Thursday we are off to the big City for the weekend to visit Family for Easter!!! Back late Sunday night...not sure what next weeks meals will be yet, but I have 2 long car rides to visit family so plenty of time to meal plan and do the click and collect for groceries when we get home Sunday or Monday

Here's how tonight went, on the menu were Ham & Swiss Panini's and homemade soup, copycat Zuppa Tuscona.

DD had the night off for once, so I had her help me make the soup. I walked her through it even though she protested the entire time. (She despises soup)

So we got the soup going, it simmered for about two hours while all the other homework, chores, prepping training gear, etc went on.

I had DD18 drive DS12 to training and drop him off, because they left before 5:pm, it was only about 40 mins round trip for her.
While she was gone, DH was on the way home, I started prepping the Panini's
Publix didn't have the bread I normally get, so I had to get a different size loaf that make the sammies more oval shaped, the bread started collapsing when I was slicing it, I normally make the slices pretty thick so they hold up under the weight of the press.

DH - had a regular Panini - ate the whole thing, said he could have had more
I - couldn't finish mine, about 3/4
DD - didn't want a Panini, asked for a cold ham & Swiss instead
DS12 - wasn't home, I set aside a plain cold ham sandwich
DS10, asked her cheddar cheese only, basically a grilled cheese

DH & I ate the soup, DD despises soup- quickly made herself a side salad instead, DS12 wasn't home, DS10 requested broth only and ate every bite of it

Before training DS12 had a Cliff Bar and grapes, when he got home ate his sandwich, with carrots and a small apple. Said he was still hungry, and plowed through a whole plate of plain pasta and cup of milk.

Here's how tonight went, on the menu were Ham & Swiss Panini's and homemade soup, copycat Zuppa Tuscona.

DD had the night off for once, so I had her help me make the soup. I walked her through it even though she protested the entire time. (She despises soup)

So we got the soup going, it simmered for about two hours while all the other homework, chores, prepping training gear, etc went on.

I had DD18 drive DS12 to training and drop him off, because they left before 5:pm, it was only about 40 mins round trip for her.
While she was gone, DH was on the way home, I started prepping the Panini's
Publix didn't have the bread I normally get, so I had to get a different size loaf that make the sammies more oval shaped, the bread started collapsing when I was slicing it, I normally make the slices pretty thick so they hold up under the weight of the press.

DH - had a regular Panini - ate the whole thing, said he could have had more
I - couldn't finish mine, about 3/4
DD - didn't want a Panini, asked for a cold ham & Swiss instead
DS12 - wasn't home, I set aside a plain cold ham sandwich
DS10, asked her cheddar cheese only, basically a grilled cheese

DH & I ate the soup, DD despises soup- quickly made herself a side salad instead, DS12 wasn't home, DS10 requested broth only and ate every bite of it

Before training DS12 had a Cliff Bar and grapes, when he got home ate his sandwich, with carrots and a small apple. Said he was still hungry, and plowed through a whole plate of plain pasta and cup of milk.

The other thought I had...you could make dinner for 4, and leave DD18 out of the plans. Instead, always keep tons of her favorite salad fixings in the fridge, with a "special" topping each week, so if she hates the dinner you make, she can go for that. You can even tell her that you want her to always have an option she likes...and if she ends up wanting the dinner you make, just add a salad to your planned family meal to stretch from 4 to 5...

It's how I handle lunch. My girls are in charge of lunch for all the kids, so after they make "the regular" for their brothers (sandwiches, fruit, pretzels), they want to "cook" every day, but they want new crazy things...so every time I go to the store, I find something quick, but handle-able for them. This week, I got organic polenta from Trader Joe's (they'd never cooked it b/c it wasn't something I bought in other stores b/c it's too expensive, but TJ's had a really great deal). I had mentioned in the store they could go Italian, Mexican, American, etc for toppings...and they could bring it back to mush or fry it in a pan. They asked me for some refried beans (so I picked up a jar of both red and black ones) and with some cheese and salsa, they are having a great time, not using too much of what I need for dinners or too much of my wallet. Other weeks, I've bought them ramen, Asian porridge, dried bean noodles, ramen broth (someone produces and cartons this - that was a surprise), eggs, tofu, blocks of hard cheese, radishes (they wanted these), etc...this is all "their" food and I even keep the shelf-stable stuff in their "own" spot...they are so happy they get to make and eat exactly what they want once a day, so I get little push back on dinners:)...

We did fairy decent tonight,

DD didn't have to go in until 6, and training was from 6:30-8:30, so the timing lined up for all of us to be home at the same time :)

Grilled Beer Brats
Mac N Cheese
Watermelon
Peas

Not too shabby, I had the boys ask for hotdogs instead of brats (fine with me) DS12 asked for a scoop of plain pasta before the cheese went on (a-okay too) other than that everyone ate their dinner :yay:

The next few days I have to watch the weather, planned on grilled again this week, but it looks like rain on the day I was planning that dinner, so

Pulled a rabbit out of a hat for an early dinner today.

DD had to be to work by 5, and when she has to be there at 5 she has to leave home 20 mins early to drive 3 miles. Boys have training from 5:30-7:30. Poor DH has been home sick for the past two days, so at least we were all home and I could get dinner to everyone.

Grilled boneless/skinless chicken breast
Fresh yellow corn
Minute Rice
strawberries

I double lined a small casserole dish with heavy duty foil, and drizzled olive oil over the chicken. I like doing this with our grilled food. Once I put the meat on the grill, I can just wrap up the foil and already have a dish on hand to come off the grill.
The boys split one breast and only like light seasoning, salt & pepper, I use a sprinkle of garlic powder too, but sshhhh don't tell them. For the rest of us we all really like this spice McCormick Grill Mates, Worcestershire Pub Burger, omgosh we use this stuff on almost all meats.
While the grill pre-heated I got started on making the corn. I love to use this great trick I learned about 5 years ago. Steam the corn in the husks in the microwave. No boiling water, no cooking 20 mins on the grill, I can do 5 ears in the microwave in 12 mins. Sliced the ends off and massage the cob out and it come outs perfectly steamed. Then all the husks go to the compost. I grilled the chicken while the corn cooked.

Once the chicken came off, I popped the rice in the microwave (not my fav, but 4 out of 5 like it, so)
All while that was going on I had DS10 wash and cut the tops off the strawberries, DS12 set the table and DD got the drinks.
DH helped plate the boys meals and we all sat down for dinner together.

Table is cleared, dishwasher is loaded and running, left overs are ready for tomorrows lunch, boys are at training, and it's only 6:20 pm ! I'm going to watch some Netflix shows before they all get back. I hope DH stops at Publix and brings dessert home :)

Here's ours for the next few days. Not sure in what order. Depends on what hubby feels like eating or if he feels like grilling
1. mini Mexican street taco (if dh feels like grilling)
2. Stir fry with chicken, fried rice and egg rolls
3.cheese broccoli soup with salad
4. Grilled or baked chicken with veggies
5. BBQ baked drumsticks, not sure what sides yet

We are going to try to eat at home more bc Im trying to loose weight after some health issues and Im loosely following the keto diet so this thread is wonderful!
Tonight Im going to do steak, low fat creamed spinach, greenbeans and brussel sprouts with garlic and bacon
Last night I did chicken stir fry with like a 1/4 cup rice..
Tomorrow thinking about making my own spaghetti sauce with turkey meat and zuchinni noodles

Monday: Grilled cheese and tomato soup
Tuesday: Slow cooker chicken caesar sandwiches, alexa fries
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Probably take out
Friday-Tuesday: Flying to Portland! I have a work trip out there and H is tagging along. I have never been and I'm excited to see a new city! After the work stuff we are staying 2 extra days! (with a red eye back:headache:) On our list: Pine State Biscuits and Trifecta Tavern ! (Any other recs?)

I have to learn to meal prep.... Yesterday was such a hectic day then sat in traffic for over 2 hrs to just have to get back in the car within 30 min of being home when sis in laws car broke down and then we stayed out so long I was too tired to cook... So we did the drive through thing and I ruined my keto diet... :(

I have to learn to meal prep.... Yesterday was such a hectic day then sat in traffic for over 2 hrs to just have to get back in the car within 30 min of being home when sis in laws car broke down and then we stayed out so long I was too tired to cook... So we did the drive through thing and I ruined my keto diet... :(

Hi!:wave:just want to give encouragement that you can do this!! It's amazing how much you save. The more you learn how to cook, the less you will want to eat out.

Tonight- pork chops, baked potatoes w/cheese, broccoli and sour cream, and asparagus
Sunday- Easter dinner at inlaws.. I am bringing a veggie tray
Monday- Buffalo chicken penne
Tuesday- Homemade pizzas and garden salad
Wednesday- Spaghetti bolognese
Thursday - Breakfast for dinner or something equally easy and quick
Friday - We will really need groceries by this point.. maybe I will have Dh pick up a rotiessiere chicken and potatoes wedges on way home from work. Does’t cost much and I won’t have to cook.
Saturday -grocery day and new menu

Whose grocery bills have dropped since posting on this thread? I feel like we are throwing away less, plus my freezer is pretty full. I was a $70ish a week shopper and now it’s $60ish.

Sunday - L - sushi and hibachi, D - simple chef salad
Monday - L - tuna for me, meatloaf for them. D- grilled chicken bacon fancy salad
Tuesday - L - ditto. D - Big Mac salad
Wednesday L - ditto. D - Asian chicken salad
Thursday - L - manwich D - Steak salad
Friday - L - hamburgers D - taco salad
Saturday - L - beef stroganoff D - breakfast
Sunday - L - soup beans, corn bread. D - Alfredo

I have twenty bags of frozen veggies at least so I will mix those in after the salad mix is gone. I felt like a big dummy, I was paying $4 pp for salad blends. I own a fancy food processor. Cabbage was 29 cents. Kale is 99 cents. Broccoli is $1.29. I am going to make a big batch of my own for 1/4th of the price. And if we don’t eat it fast enough, I’ll cook it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter