Eat at Home 3!

Tonight - Nachos
Sunday - Copycat recipe for Disneyland's chicken fusili pasta
Monday - Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday - BBQ Chicken and corn
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - Leftovers, Mama's going to see Josh Gracin!
Friday - Black Angus for my dad's birthday

This is my last two weeks in retail. Here is my menu for the week

Sunday (off) pork tenderloin with Brussel sprouts and mashed sweet potatoes
Monday (9-4:30) out for my best friends birthday
Tuesday (3-9:30) chicken enchiladas
Wednesday (10-3) beef stir fry
Thursday (off) girls night at my house
Friday (3-9:30) leftover
Saturday (2-9:30) lasagna

Spending the next two weeks cleaning out what's in the house.

Sunday: Turkey, stuffing and apple pie
Monday: Chicken and dumplings
Tuesday: Dragon noodles and egg rolls
Wednesday: Balsamic roast beef with potatoes and carrots
Thursday: Spicy honey chicken
Friday: Pork chops with pine nut & parmesan butter (Home Chef meal)
Saturday: Shrimp lo mein (Home Chef meal)

Ugh. So having to think about redoing my plan since I ended up sick as a dog last night and still don't feel great this morning. I have been eating a lot better of late and yesterday I splurged on some not so healthy food and it tore me up. So thinking I will freeze the pork roast until next weekend (skipping the enchiladas until the following weekend), eat very bland today, but then I have to figure out Monday and Tuesday meals plus lunches (since I would have used the pork and potatoes for lunches as well).

A smaller grocery trip this week, since I just hit Aldi's. My goal is to use what I got there and match it with some proteins from my freezer...that's the goal anyway! (PS - The Cantaloupe/Banana/Condensed Milk and Ice Smoothie I made last week was actually loved by the family who said they couldn't tell it was that awful melon - I used 3 bananas with a 1/2, so now I know a ratio to get the fruit in without it seeming "melony" - although funny enough, all I could taste was cantaloupe, but it tasted better, but maybe that's b/c I'm so familiar with the flavor:)...anyway, here's this week's plan...

Sun - Aldi's Meat Lasagna Tray, Green Salad, Cantaloupe Banana Kiwi Smoothies (it was even better with 2 kiwi and 2 bananas - the kids loved this one!:))
Mon - Crockpot Korean Beef Short Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Kim Chi, Clementines and Plums
Tues - Chicken Fajitas, Homemade Guacamole with Tortilla Chips, Blueberries
Wed - Baked Chicken Peanut Satay, Rice, Sauteed Spinach, Red Grapes
Thurs - Boiled Hot Dogs or Brats in Beer - likely both, Homemade Jalapeno Poppers, Fruit Salad (All of this week's fruit:))
Fri - Cheese Tortellini in Pesto Sauce, White Beans with Onions/Peppers/Tomatoes, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

Last edited:
We had a week of flu/cold hit our house last week. So we didn't even follow any kind of a menu...just cooked what the kiddos and we felt like eating. I'm happy to say we didn't have any extra take out meals...just made from what was in the house. We did go out for supper one night for one of the kiddos birthday. His pick. And the DQ for a birthday blizzard:mickeybar

This weeks menu
tonight - Salmon, fried rice and salad
Tuesday ( working ) - chicken burgers and fires
Wednesday ( working ) - homemade hambuger helper
Thursday - chicken stirfry
Friday ( working ) possible order in pizza

- Grilled chicken salad
- Meatloaf, collard greens, veg medley
- Big Mac salad
- hamburger steak, broccoli, tator tots
- spaghetti and green beans
- chicken stir fry
- bacon, eggs, waffles

Menu for the week

Monday - Ham steaks, as gratin potatoes, broccoli

Tuesday - Beef enchiladas, rice, beans

Wednesday - Brats and pierogies

Thursday- Chicken Parmesan, salad

Friday - Dr Seuss's B-Day- Roast "Beast" sandwiches in the slowcooker, other fun themed foods

Saturday - Homemade pizza

Sunday Chicken corn chowder

Man, has it been another week already. Well, here's what was/is for dinner...

Sunday - Wife met her parents and they paid for hers, I had steak, baked potato and salad;
Monday - chips and queso at home after a late ball game, wife didn't eat;
Tuesday - YOYO (I work out of town until about 10 p.m., wife works from 7 a.m.-9:30 p.m.)
Wednesday - if we don't eat at the church, we'll have ham steak or lemon pepper chicken and garlic potatoes or corn;
Thursday - homemade pizza or pigs in a blanket, mac and cheese;
Friday - not sure yet, depends on what time we both get off work (will have other from Thursday if off in time)
Saturday - attending a college basketball game out of town, so will eat out

Monday: Baked tortellini, salad
Tuesday: Turkey meatloaf, green beans
Wednesday: Leftovers
Thursday: Cheese quesadillas, refried beans, spanish rice
Friday: Waffles, scrambled eggs, fruit
Saturday: Got invited to a local polo match by one of H"s clients, they are serving food there (we are in a VIP type section)
Sunday: Ordering Dominios pizza w/a gift card we got for Christmas and haven't used

Well, I only ate out one day this past week so I feel like I did very well since my plan was tossed out the window due to illness.

Today: Unknown... I am going shopping with a friend to some local ethnic groceries and we will be having Sushi for lunch so no idea what dinner may bring.
Sunday: Pork Loin Roast with twice baked potatoes and roasted broccoli
Monday: L/O
Tuesday: L/O
Wednesday: Veggie Fried Rice (instead of spaghetti) so the vegetables do not go to waste. May add leftover pork to this or produce I find today
Thursday: L/O
Friday: Tilapia, pasta/rice, and roasted yellow squash

Menu Plan Week of 3/3

Saturday- tacos, corn, black beans
Sunday - ravioli with meat sauce, salad
Monday - chicken cordon blue, rice, green beans
Tuesday - leftovers
Wednesday- soup/sandwiches
Thursday- butter chicken, rice, naan, peas
Friday - meatloaf, mashed potatoes, roasted carrots

This week’s menu

Sunday (off) roast beef with mashed potatoes, gravy and roasted carrots
Monday (10-3:30) leftovers
Tuesday (9-4) sloppy Joe’s with chips and fruit
Wednesday (off) chicken fajitas
Thursday (10-3) pork tenderloin with roasted sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts
Friday (3-9:30) leftovers
Saturday (off) spaghetti and meatballs with salad

A smaller grocery trip this week, since I just hit Aldi's. My goal is to use what I got there and match it with some proteins from my freezer...that's the goal anyway! (PS - The Cantaloupe/Banana/Condensed Milk and Ice Smoothie I made last week was actually loved by the family who said they couldn't tell it was that awful melon - I used 3 bananas with a 1/2, so now I know a ratio to get the fruit in without it seeming "melony" - although funny enough, all I could taste was cantaloupe, but it tasted better, but maybe that's b/c I'm so familiar with the flavor:)...anyway, here's this week's plan...

Sun - Aldi's Meat Lasagna Tray, Green Salad, Cantaloupe Banana Kiwi Smoothies (it was even better with 2 kiwi and 2 bananas - the kids loved this one!:))
Mon - Crockpot Korean Beef Short Ribs, Mashed Potatoes, Kim Chi, Clementines and Plums
Tues - Chicken Fajitas, Homemade Guacamole with Tortilla Chips, Blueberries
Wed - Baked Chicken Peanut Satay, Rice, Sauteed Spinach, Red Grapes
Thurs - Boiled Hot Dogs or Brats in Beer - likely both, Homemade Jalapeno Poppers, Fruit Salad (All of this week's fruit:))
Fri - Cheese Tortellini in Pesto Sauce, White Beans with Onions/Peppers/Tomatoes, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - OUT

So, I did almost all of this, but I again skipped the ribs, and made a Beef and Pinto bean chili instead - meant we had chili dogs Thursday (which was awesome)...I also made a homemade spaghetti alfredo with sauteed spinach on Friday, since I hadn't used the spinach Wednesday and it needed to be used. I know am coming down with a sinus virus, so I'm tired and with lesser taste buds, so my Aldi's trip (which heavily discounted a lot of frozen proteins) will play heavily in this menu...

Sun - Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders (Aldi frozen product), Mashed Potatoes (love these when sick for the salt/potassium and b/c they are so warming and smooth:)), White House Rolls, Sliced Strawberries and Bananas
Mon - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, Plums
Tues - 4 Cheese Dip and Strip Pizza Sticks (Aldi frozen product), Wedge Salad Riff (Green Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Blue Cheese, Crouton)
Wed - Baked Chicken Hot Wings (got frozen plain wings on another stupid crazy Aldi deal - gonna make a Frank's Red Hot sauce), Roasted Carrots, Green Grapes
Thurs - Hot Wing Sandwiches (leftover chicken, blue cheese sauce, green leaf lettuce, rolls), Baked Onion Rings (Aldi again), Riff on Chick-Fil-a fruit salad (Strawberries, Grapes, Apples, Canned Mandarins or Fresh Clementines)
Fri - Ratatouille/Caponata Spin (Eggplant, Mushrooms, Peppers, Onion, Tomatoes), Cheese Tortellini, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Date Night (OUT - We have an escape room Groupon for the afternoon and then we'll come home and bring the kids' fast food before heading out to use our Mediterranean Groupon - so, prepaid date - it's been about 6-8 weeks since our last real date, so it's time again - now to make sure we're both healthy by then b/c we both have this annoying virus today:))...

Sunday - Chicken & Mushroom Fajitas
Monday - Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice & Broccoli
Tuesday - Sloppy Joes with Onion Rings
Wednesday - Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Thursday - Potato Leek Soup
Friday - Date Night
Saturday - Homemade Naan Pizza with Salad

Spaghetti and garlic green beans x 2 for lunch leftovers
Hamburger patties with gravy, collard greens, cheesy cauliflower, soup beans
Chef salad
Manwich, baked apples, simple salad x 2 for lunch leftovers
Chicken cheesy broccoli pasta something
Chili Mac, black beans
Waffles, eggs, bacon

My week:

M- Chicken salads (with grapes, bleu cheese, apples and walnuts) with homemade rolls
T- Sauteed chicken, roast cauliflower, angel hair pasta with black truffle cheese (fancy!)
W- Cincinnati Chili, angel hair (not fancy!)
TH- Cincinnati Chili again
F- Chicken cutlet sandwiches

I'm heading out on a work trip starting Saturday, so I need to do some super easy meal planning to get DH and the kids through until I get home. Usually I leave on a Sunday or a Monday, which means I can do some prep ahead of time to help him out, but not this time!

Menu for the week

Monday - Chicken corn chowder (was supposed to be last night but DD had team party and we ate out)
Tuesday- Beef tips in red wine sauce over egg noodles, asparagus
Wednesday - Pork chops with Dijon sauce, mashed potatoes, green beans
Thursday - ravioli casserole
Friday - pizza
Saturday - potstickers, veggie fried rice
Sunday - Steak and cheese sandwiches, fries

So, I did almost all of this, but I again skipped the ribs, and made a Beef and Pinto bean chili instead - meant we had chili dogs Thursday (which was awesome)...I also made a homemade spaghetti alfredo with sauteed spinach on Friday, since I hadn't used the spinach Wednesday and it needed to be used. I know am coming down with a sinus virus, so I'm tired and with lesser taste buds, so my Aldi's trip (which heavily discounted a lot of frozen proteins) will play heavily in this menu...

Sun - Honey BBQ Chicken Tenders (Aldi frozen product), Mashed Potatoes (love these when sick for the salt/potassium and b/c they are so warming and smooth:)), White House Rolls, Sliced Strawberries and Bananas
Mon - Corned Beef, Mashed Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, Plums
Tues - 4 Cheese Dip and Strip Pizza Sticks (Aldi frozen product), Wedge Salad Riff (Green Leaf Lettuce, Tomato, Blue Cheese, Crouton)
Wed - Baked Chicken Hot Wings (got frozen plain wings on another stupid crazy Aldi deal - gonna make a Frank's Red Hot sauce), Roasted Carrots, Green Grapes
Thurs - Hot Wing Sandwiches (leftover chicken, blue cheese sauce, green leaf lettuce, rolls), Baked Onion Rings (Aldi again), Riff on Chick-Fil-a fruit salad (Strawberries, Grapes, Apples, Canned Mandarins or Fresh Clementines)
Fri - Ratatouille/Caponata Spin (Eggplant, Mushrooms, Peppers, Onion, Tomatoes), Cheese Tortellini, Fruit Smoothies
Sat - Date Night (OUT - We have an escape room Groupon for the afternoon and then we'll come home and bring the kids' fast food before heading out to use our Mediterranean Groupon - so, prepaid date - it's been about 6-8 weeks since our last real date, so it's time again - now to make sure we're both healthy by then b/c we both have this annoying virus today:))...

Made a big change today for the rest of the week...my spouse loved the corned beef so much, he wanted it as a hash for tonight's dinner...since he's sick, I put in the work and pulled off something awesome with what I had...but now have to make the following changes for the week:)...

Tues - Sweet and Spicy Corned Beef Hash (No eggs or American cheese here! Sweet Potatoes, Potatoes, Carrots, Onion, Jalapenos, Bell Peppers, Corned Beef, S&P and some olive oil - so good)...Served it with a side of Glazed Donut French Toast Casserole with Fresh Berries (no sugar in the egg/milk batter, but lots of clementine zest and a little vanilla - makes a great flavor)
Wed - Moving up the Ratatouille, moving back the Wedge Salad, and making an Italian MeatLoaf
Thurs - Turning the Ratatouille (and the extra uncooked ground beef from my bulk pack) into a Faux Bolognese to serve over Cheese Tortellini, Roasted Asparagus
Fri - Moving the 4 Cheese Dip and Strip Pizza Sticks here, Chick Fila Fruit Salad Riff, Fruit Smoothies or the rest of the Green Salad Fixings
Sat - Still OUT

Menu Plan - Week of 3/10
Saturday- meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans
Sunday - minestrone soup
Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - pork roast, roasted potatoes and carrots
Wednesday- leftovers
Thursday - salmon, stuffed clams, broccoli, sweet potatoes
Friday - pizza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter