DVCM Email today

Does anyone know if they will still be selling one-time points under the new policies? with the borrow limits, I will need a few more points for an upcoming reservation I will be making for 2021

There has been no announcement that will be suspended. But, a call to MS would be needed to know for sure,

Thank you, Sandi. I will try to get them on the phone. I had already used points this use year, so figured the banked points would get used first. Am I incorrect in that?

Cindi

That would depend on the order you made the reservations. If you made the March reservation first then it would have pulled the banked points in to be used and the other trip you took would have been using current points.

Understood. It’s just this seems counterintuitive as well. All these small pt contracts... this is going to put us all in a hunger games situation for studios given the 1bd vs studio point requirements and the added inability to borrow fully. It just reeks of a strategy made by those who don’t fully understand the complexity of the system, but are very concerned with image/brand saleability post-Covid. Like the education gurus who pass all these edicts and classroom teachers who know that implementation will be 🤯

ETA - why not restrict those borrowing for studios to encourage more 1bd reservations which will eat more points, for example?

Normally we would get studios but are totally going to be looking to get 1bd just to eat more points like you suggest. In a normal environment I'd stick with the studios, but not at this point.

Normally we would get studios but are totally going to be looking to get 1bd just to eat more points like you suggest. In a normal environment I'd stick with the studios, but not at this point.
Absolutely & that’s where being able to borrow points to get a decent length stay would be helpful, especially give the number of smaller contracts, and the fact that 1bds are 2x the points of studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter