DVC Contemporary...

jmho, think the CRV may appeal to a whole new market.

The Contemporary evokes very strong feelings for many of us aging mouskeeters, seems to be a love it or hate it mentality.

When DH & I think of WDW; it is the one of the things we associate with our earliest memories = real or perceived, to us, it symbolizes Disney as much as the MK Castle.:)

I can understand and respect that. I know our first time ever to WDW we stayed at Dixie Landings, now POR. It will always carry strong feelings with me. But now we are SSR all the way by heart.

So I can relate to what you are saying somewhat.

you can WALK to the MK - it is the only resort you can walk to the MK.

so if and when - DVC member will be able to walk to 3 theme parks.:goodvibes

lots of us have a big attachment to the MK - it was the first.

Indeed... monorail... walking to MK... This will definitely be a popular resort for young families... No problems selling out.

I remember my first trip to DW. I was 12. We took a looooooong bus ride from PA.God only knows how many times I said,"are we there yet"? We stayed at some dump of a motel that I thought was great.I remember getting off the boat my first time at the MK. I looked to my right and saw the Contemporary Resort.I vividly remember saying to myself, "someday I will have enough $$$ to stay there. Bring on CV.:banana: :banana: :banana: We bought OKW in 93 and added on again in 93, and have been members ever since.If DVC becomes a reality at CR we are back in the game with our first add on since 93.I think CR could sell out quickly in comparision to other DVCs. No it won't sell out overnight, but it will not last for years either.

yea especially if the estimates here are right only 300 to 400 villa. that is down right small for such a popular (in my opinion) place.

Oh, and as AKV showed us, waiting a few months ended up netting people a better price.

Those who bought back in February paid $93 per point. Those buying now can pay $104 per point and get 2 years' worth of Developer's Points. Most of us would value a single year's worth of points in the $10-12 neighborhood. Getting those two years' worth of DPs is a bonus worth $20-24.

Keep that in the back of your mind when DVC makes its next big announcement. :)

Honestly, the double dev points offer absolutely no appeal to me. First off, because I don't think I could use them before they expire. Second, because I have no desire to go through the hassle of renting them (which is the only way you could really use them to reduce your total cost).

I agree, they ARE a nice bonus to those who can get some value out of them...but having bought in Feb, they've yet to offer a better deal FOR ME.

:)

To me the first is not WDW, but DL. It was my one and only kid trip to a Disney park, we never came to FL. My first trip to WDW, I was around 22 and didn't pay much attention to the MK resorts, GF was under construction if I recall. I am not a fan of the C-Shape design as it appears the MK view rooms will look more towards Space Moutain or the original Contemporary then will be facing MK. It seems to me they are emphasizing the lake more then MK views. I might stay there once it becomes real, but not sure that I would get any points, time will tell.

Honestly, the double dev points offer absolutely no appeal to me. First off, because I don't think I could use them before they expire. Second, because I have no desire to go through the hassle of renting them (which is the only way you could really use them to reduce your total cost).

I agree, they ARE a nice bonus to those who can get some value out of them...but having bought in Feb, they've yet to offer a better deal FOR ME.

:)

I got a call 2 weeks ago from my guide letting me know that there were some Feb 07 points that were released (She did not know why) We were able to get 07 points and Bank them into 08. This meant that we got the $8.00 per point incentive and esentially got a year of points to boot. I had actually told my guide we were not interested in buying AKV, but if she got word of a good deal to give us a call, and that was what happened. She later told us those points sold out in 3 days. (at Disneyland anyway) It never hurts to tell your guide you are waiting for a deal.

Can I ask why you sold BCV and SSR? If you were not happy with the location of BCV I seriously doubt that you would the Contemporary area will be an improvement.

Well, that's all that matters then, eh? :rolleyes1

Assuming there are prospective owners reading this, they would be well advised to consider renting even if they can't use the bonus points. Post them at $9 each and they'll be gone within a day or two. Work a little harder and you can get $12 per point.

Given the double developer's points, that's an effective discount of $18-24 per point vs. the $8 that DVC is offering. On a contract of 160 points, that's $1600-2560 in additional savings. The income is taxable, but the net is still a very significant number.

For sensible individuals, renting the points is a no-brainer.

If they put a People Mover in it :)

Now you're talking my language. Better yet, have the WEDway station inside the new tower departing and connecting with TTA for a DVC member-exclusive Tomorrowland entrance.

Monorails? Who needs stinkin' monorails (and I do mean stinkin')?

Regards

It is too bad they are jusr building some new room for the horel there..:rotfl2:

But I think it is funny to get this rumor started ..

Diseny is Building a addtion modern 500 room extention the the current resort .:surfweb:

That is right folks you heard it here first.

Oh no I was wrong it is a parking lot :woohoo:

Hahaha made ya look:dance3:

Now you're talking my language. Better yet, have the WEDway station inside the new tower departing and connecting with TTA for a DVC member-exclusive Tomorrowland entrance.

Monorails? Who needs stinkin' monorails (and I do mean stinkin')?

Regards

Whats with the monorail smellin like a farm?

Assuming there are prospective owners reading this, they would be well advised to consider renting even if they can't use the bonus points. Post them at $9 each and they'll be gone within a day or two. Work a little harder and you can get $12 per point.

Given the double developer's points, that's an effective discount of $18-24 per point vs. the $8 that DVC is offering. On a contract of 160 points, that's $1600-2560 in additional savings. The income is taxable, but the net is still a very significant number.

That is exactly what we did. At $10 a point we paid for our original down payment on DVC and will also get a 4 day cruise out of the deal.

Indeed FOR ME, that is all that matters....isn't it?

I disagree. Not on your cost analysis, but on the fact "for sensible individuals, renting the points is a no-brainer". It's work. And it can be risky work. And it's not a task I'm remotely interested in undertaking. Certainly not for the roughly $1700 (after taxes) I'd clear on the transaction.

I would bet you many 'sensible individuals' feel the same way. Simply disagreeing with your POV doesn't mean they lack sense.

And that's the point. You made a rather broad assertion insinuating that almost EVERYONE could realize a greater savings now and that those that bought in February got shafted. I disagree. The double dev points offer no real value for ME for exactly the reasons I stated.

Your situation, willingness to enter into hard to enforce legal agreements pertaining to renting, willingness to take on responsibility for the actions of your tenants, dealing with the tax ramifications, dealing with the process of renting, making ressies for strangers, dealing with MS on their behalf (essentially being your customer's trip planner) and all the other herangues and headaches of renting make them more valuable TO YOU. Not to everyone.

Oh, and as AKV showed us, waiting a few months ended up netting people a better price.

Those who bought back in February paid $93 per point. Those buying now can pay $104 per point and get 2 years' worth of Developer's Points. Most of us would value a single year's worth of points in the $10-12 neighborhood. Getting those two years' worth of DPs is a bonus worth $20-24.

Keep that in the back of your mind when DVC makes its next big announcement. :)

hmmm, probably OT - have to ask if this is usual MO for new DVC resorts?

Decided not to buy AK (hoping for CR, and more time to save up $). If we did, i'd be very unhappy with that this was offered just a few months later.:confused:

In the same vein, not sure if we were just lucky when we added on @ BW in the summer & received the current year's points and the full next UY Oct. Off hand i can't remember the month, just know that it was past the banking deadline & it had to be set up by my guide.

can anyone set me straight?;)

And that's the point. You made a rather broad assertion insinuating that almost EVERYONE could realize a greater savings now...

They can. Whether they do so or not is a CHOICE made by the member. The fact remains that DVC has facilitated the additional savings. And since the topic here is actually CRV, the point I was making stands: People may be wise to wait a few months before buying since AKV initial sales have shown that the peak value of the discount improved after several months of sales.

...and that those that bought in February got shafted.

Your words not mine, but the fact remains that for the marginal amount of work those buying now can pay $1500-2500 less than those who bought in March or April.

I'd like to hear how much effort it took "ScottakaMickey" to rent those points as he indicated he did. I suspect it was the easiest two grand he made in some time.

As for risk, to the member it's zero. Nada. Zilch.

Renting for $9 per point you could ask for all of the money up front and someone would bite. Money in pocket, no problems.

The only real risk to members comes when people use a two-step payment process and the non-member doesn't live up to his/her end of the bargain. With a properly structured deal, the risk is zero.

Your situation, willingness to enter into hard to enforce legal agreements pertaining to renting...

As stated, not a problem.

...willingness to take on responsibility for the actions of your tenants...

No liability to the member. Disney holds its guests liable for their actions, not the member renting points.

...dealing with the tax ramifications...

It's miscellaneous income. Put it on your 1040 and write a check at the end of the year.

...dealing with the process of renting, making ressies for strangers, dealing with MS on their behalf (essentially being your customer's trip planner)...

All the same as making one's own arrangements. :confused3

..and all the other herangues and headaches of renting make them more valuable TO YOU. Not to everyone.

I never said "everyone", just sensible people. :idea:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter