Doctor Who

Last year there were a succession of announcements concerning companions etc it the weeks following the series end, we had the confirmation of Martha going, Kylie doing the Christmas special, and then Catherin Tate, all within weeks, later Rose was confirmed as coming back.

Now This years Christmas special is 'in the can' already filmed and complete as DT is now in Hamlet until early 2009. No news came out about a companion on that one, so either they are good at keeping secrets or it isn't anyone who would be noticed by the press.

We know filming has taken place in a cemetery, and in snow/ winter weather.

I think with the 2009 Specials only starting to be filmed in January 2009, they might not have to make any annoucements as yet.

I personally would like to see the return of Jenny the Doctors Daughter, and the 'Masters Ring' to be resolved by RTD.

Ratings should be out later this morning, will DW top 10 million?

Well, I was disappointed by the finale actually.. I learnt beforehand what the 'big rumors' were, (thanks older brother) and so there wasn't any surprises for me.. (Although, Shocker about Donna!), and also.. it seemed too much like Star Wars for my opinion... I mean, as soon as I saw the Crucible, I thought Death Star, the Reality Bomb was their Death Star Cannon, Davros was acting like Emporer Palpatine, and they even managed to show scenes where they jumped to lightspeed AND where the 'Death Star' Blew up! :furious: But, it was fun watching, in some ways. I mean Everyone around the TARDIS console was just fun! It's a shame that Gwen/Ianto/Luke got left behind during all the action...

Despite everything, there appears to be something plucking at my heart strings... It's either total disappointment about everything or.... I miss Donna! I don't know why either, I mean, Rose was great compared to Donna and I knew about her, and Martha too. I guess not knowing someone is leaving makes things a bit harder eh? :lmao: Oh well, alls well that ends horribly badly in the Doctor Who Universe. At least the Daleks are Dead.. for now. :lmao:

Next year I am probably going to have Doctor Who Withdrawl Syndrome! I mean, Doctor Who is back only for SPECIALS, Torchwood is only back for a Week (Yay Mickey and Martha joining Torchwood, but it's unfair on Tosh and Owen having to die for them to get jobs. ;) Martha's still a Traitor in my eye btw, despite coming back. :lmao: ) and god only knows about Sarah Jane Adventures.. It's gonna be a long time...

Roll on 2010! :lmao:

I loved it and cried again as usual. Fantastic

susan

Well, I was disappointed by the finale actually.. I learnt beforehand what the 'big rumors' were, (thanks older brother) and so there wasn't any surprises for me.. (Although, Shocker about Donna!), and also.. it seemed too much like Star Wars for my opinion... I mean, as soon as I saw the Crucible, I thought Death Star, the Reality Bomb was their Death Star Cannon, Davros was acting like Emporer Palpatine, and they even managed to show scenes where they jumped to lightspeed AND where the 'Death Star' Blew up! :furious: But, it was fun watching, in some ways. I mean Everyone around the TARDIS console was just fun! It's a shame that Gwen/Ianto/Luke got left behind during all the action...

Despite everything, there appears to be something plucking at my heart strings... It's either total disappointment about everything or.... I miss Donna! I don't know why either, I mean, Rose was great compared to Donna and I knew about her, and Martha too. I guess not knowing someone is leaving makes things a bit harder eh? :lmao: Oh well, alls well that ends horribly badly in the Doctor Who Universe. At least the Daleks are Dead.. for now. :lmao:

Next year I am probably going to have Doctor Who Withdrawl Syndrome! I mean, Doctor Who is back only for SPECIALS, Torchwood is only back for a Week (Yay Mickey and Martha joining Torchwood, but it's unfair on Tosh and Owen having to die for them to get jobs. ;) Martha's still a Traitor in my eye btw, despite coming back. :lmao: ) and god only knows about Sarah Jane Adventures.. It's gonna be a long time...

Roll on 2010! :lmao:
:woohoo: Sounds like you were on the booze last night, fancy Donna! didnt like Who??:lmao:

susan
:thumbsup2

Digital Spy.

18.40- Doctor Who: 9.4m (45.9%) *peak: 10.2m (19.35)

Most watch programme of the week! and of all TV on Saturday night at 7pm, 46% of people were watching BBC1

Something I forgot to mention but am reminded of by all this talk of similarities. Did anyone else think that the music played as the Tardis fell through the tunnel to the center of the crucible sounded like Thunderbirds music when they go to get in their rockets?

I didn't feel the love between Rose and The Doctor as much as in the 2nd series, and I still think she kissed the wrong Doctor at the end :sad1:
Also, wouldn't it be a bit creepy when Rose's Doctor and her were together and he suddenly came out with a Donnaism? I think that might ruin the moment :rotfl:

Something I forgot to mention but am reminded of by all this talk of similarities. Did anyone else think that the music played as the Tardis fell through the tunnel to the center of the crucible sounded like Thunderbirds music when they go to get in their rockets?
5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. Tardis is go!:lmao:
I didn't feel the love between Rose and The Doctor as much as in the 2nd series, and I still think she kissed the wrong Doctor at the end :sad1:
Also, wouldn't it be a bit creepy when Rose's Doctor and her were together and he suddenly came out with a Donnaism? I think that might ruin the moment :rotfl:
Good point, it looked like 'real' Doctor knew the time had passed and he had moved on.
Is it just me or were the daleks so much scarier with a german accent?!

I do agree it has scarier, but rather funny as well.

susan

At least I don't feel a complete idiot now I know someone else cried.

What a fantastic ending. I cried when the real Doc said goodbye to Rose,(alsways a sucker for those romantic scenes and then I cried bucketfull's again when he said sorry to Donna and wiped her memories.

I then watched Dr Who confidential and cried a whole lot more. Ready to watch it again tonight, so I can hear what's been said in all the bits when I was crying.

I was right about the hand having a big part in it all though. It was about the only bit I worked out.

Anyone think Donna will be back? They do seem to find ways of bringing friends and enemies back if they so want.

I wonder whether the Dr's daughter would be a good companion to a new Doctor as she would have some of the present Dr's characteristics to annoy the new Dr and please us.

I was just thinking. You might be able to erase all Donna's history with the Dr., but can that have stopped what had happened to her?

Anyone think Donna will be back? They do seem to find ways of bringing friends and enemies back if they so want.

I wonder whether the Dr's daughter would be a good companion to a new Doctor as she would have some of the present Dr's characteristics to annoy the new Dr and please us.

Catherine Tate wanted to do one series and now wants to have her comedy show re commissioned, Anything is possible I think bringing Donna back in this world would be far easier than Rose from a Parallel world.

DT is said to be going out with Miss Mofat the daughter of Peter Davison and the actress who plays Jenny, to fill an hour long special I think they will need a strong character the public can relate to, so Jenny the doctors daughter must be high on the list.

The door is open for Martha but Freema has many other commitments to Little Dorit and Survivors, so might not be possible.

Catherine Tate really grew on me during the series. She really annoyed me at first. I was sorry to see her leaving.

We loved it.
Big lumps in our thoart that Donna had to have a memory wiped, we too didn't like her in the beginning but now we will miss her.

We didn't actually see Davos die/burn - will he be back?

We have recorded it, so I'm going to watch it again tomorrow, when DD is at school so I can really concentrate.

X

We loved it.
Big lumps in our thoart that Donna had to have a memory wiped, we too didn't like her in the beginning but now we will miss her.

We didn't actually see Davos die/burn - will he be back?

We have recorded it, so I'm going to watch it again tomorrow, when DD is at school so I can really concentrate.

X

As I have been watching the Tennis, I am going to do my catch up next Sunday at 5.35 when they will show both 12 & 13 again. And NO we didnt see Davros die,

I am in the minority here of people who were really disappointed with the finale. It really annoyed me that I had been looking forward to it all week :rotfl:

I found the story too confusing, and as often happens, I thought they had tried to cram in too much. It was a little schmaltzy/soap opera-ey for me - me and DH are hoping that Stephen Moffat will give us a return to more old school sci-fi writing.

We didn't like how Davros wasn't in charge, he has always been so evil and merciless, just didn't seem right how his creations were bossing him around.

Gutted that Harriet Jones didn't reappear and that the Master's ring wasn't mentioned - I hope that one of next year's specials will be about this.

Thrilled about Donna (I know, I am wicked!) and thought it was a clever way to write her out.

I thoroughly enjoyed it last night and was so pleased they even managed to get K-9 in for Laur's/Leela.

That was the best bit!

Leela

I am in the minority here of people who were really disappointed with the finale. It really annoyed me that I had been looking forward to it all week :rotfl:

I found the story too confusing, and as often happens, I thought they had tried to cram in too much. It was a little schmaltzy/soap opera-ey for me - me and DH are hoping that Stephen Moffat will give us a return to more old school sci-fi writing.

We didn't like how Davros wasn't in charge, he has always been so evil and merciless, just didn't seem right how his creations were bossing him around.

Gutted that Harriet Jones didn't reappear and that the Master's ring wasn't mentioned - I hope that one of next year's specials will be about this.

Thrilled about Donna (I know, I am wicked!) and thought it was a clever way to write her out.

That was the best bit!

Leela

I do agree with you about certain aspects of the final episode, but overall it was very exciting. I think it could have stretched to a further episode and then the ending need not have been so rushed.

Did you notice Donna's hand at the end and her ring glistening?

No, we didn't see Harriet Jones which surprised me, and we didn't see her or Davros die either.

i enjoyed it but after all the rumours felt like there were a few things missing eg the Master, Harriet jones.
i agree there was just too much going on.

still, cant wait for the specials.
got to wait till 2010 for the next series

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter