• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do You Write Many Checks Anymore?

I use checks to pay my hair salon, to pay DD's college tuition (they charge a fee for credit card), fund raisers, etc. I probably average 4-5 checks a month.

Last time I ordered checks, they were buy 3 boxes, get one free, so I did. :rolleyes2 I am thinking these may last the rest of my life.

I just remembered, I just wrote 2 checks this month for state and federal taxes..:crazy2:

I only write checks to DD's school. The last set of checks I had lasted me 8 years. I had to order new ones last year and they should probably last the rest of my life. I use credit cards for all my expenses, very rarely ever use my debit card and pay all my bills online. I don't allow automatic bill pay on my bank account (other than my DD's prepaid tuition; it can only be done that way) because I want to make sure I can send the payments on my timeline. I do use a check register to keep track of how much money I have. Each credit card transaction is recorded and I can pay the charges every 10 days or so. This makes it easy to keep tabs on my spending and bills paid

I have written exactly 1 so far this year and it was a check I mailed in with my regional income tax return. I do everything online, through Venmo or Zelle, or with credit cards.

Housekeeper is cash/check, I write a check
Otherwise only for gift giving - we have now automated our lives - it is soooooo convenient!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter