Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tink:Hey everyone,

I have a question for you all ... is there any advantages to not doing the online check in previous to arriving?

Last year we stayed at the AKL and booked a standard room. I read on the disboards that sometimes if you don't do the online check in you can luck into getting a safari room view. I didn't do the online check in before arriving and actually lucked into the safari room. The location and view were out of this world.

Just wondering if the same pixie dust applies at the Wilderness Lodge? :tink:

Thanks in advance for the replies! :thanks:

Trust me, you probably don't want to be upgraded anything beyond standard/woods view. I would put the most basic request on there, so if you want to see the MK fireworks from your balcony (and I bet you do!) then put highest or upper floor. When you get there, you can always go to the front desk and see if they have anything else. When we arrived in late May, our room wasn't ready yet but it also wasn't a very high floor. So, then I told her I'd be willing to wait to get one on a higher floor and she found us one that was available right away and the upper floor. It had a pretty decent view, not as amazing as floor 5 or 6 would have been but we could see the fireworks really well even on the 4th floor.

:tink:Hey everyone,

I have a question for you all ... is there any advantages to not doing the online check in previous to arriving?

Last year we stayed at the AKL and booked a standard room. I read on the disboards that sometimes if you don't do the online check in you can luck into getting a safari room view. I didn't do the online check in before arriving and actually lucked into the safari room. The location and view were out of this world.

Just wondering if the same pixie dust applies at the Wilderness Lodge? :tink:

Thanks in advance for the replies! :thanks:
They assign rooms several days ahead of time whether or not you do online check in. I've heard of a lot of pixie dust updates to savanna view at AKL, which is really nice. :)

You can always check in at the front desk whether or not you do online check in and ask about your room location then. If you don't like what they gave you then you can ask for something else. :)

I know there's no way to really know yet since the Copper Creek Villas will open next Monday officially, but I just booked for September and requested a north facing villa at the far end closest to the lake in the wing on the 5th or 6th floor. I'm really crossing my fingers because I'll have to deal with it for 10 nights!

Last edited:
A question regarding the Wilderness Lodge south wing rooms (which are now CCV):

The ground floor rooms have patios.

Third floor and higher have balconies.

My question is about the second floor. Assuming balcony/patio is the same as they were when they were hotel rooms (since there is no evidence that was changed):

On the second floor the south wing is in two parts as it were: there is the entrance area and an initial hallway, then the hall does a jog, and then there is a longer hallway.

Do all of the rooms on the second floor have balconies, or do some of them have patios ? I am thinking in particular of the rooms that face into the main pool courtyard area -- since there is an upper courtyard and then a drop down to the main pool level. Do the rooms at that upper area closest to the lobby have patios or balconies ?

Thanks very much for your assistance !

SW

Do all of the rooms on the second floor have balconies, or do some of them have patios ? I am thinking in particular of the rooms that face into the main pool courtyard area -- since there is an upper courtyard and then a drop down to the main pool level. Do the rooms at that upper area closest to the lobby have patios or balconies ?

The lobby level is considered the second floor and the 2nd floor rooms in the south wing closest to the lobby would have patios on the courtyard side. :)

All of the rooms have patios or balconies. They didn't change the overall outside appearance of the rooms in the south wing. They just changed the interiors of the rooms. :)

WL south wing May 2017.jpg

Here is a picture of the south wing from May 2017. As you can see there aren't any changes to the exterior of the building. :) I don't have a recent picture of the courtyard side of the south wing, but it also remains unchanged from what it used to look like.

Last edited:

The lobby level is considered the second floor and the 2nd floor rooms in the south wing closest to the lobby would have patios on the courtyard side. :)

All of the rooms have patios or balconies. They didn't change the overall outside appearance of the rooms in the south wing. They just changed the interiors of the rooms. :)

View attachment 252931

Here is a picture of the south wing from May 2017. As you can see there aren't any changes to the exterior of the building. :) I don't have a recent picture of the courtyard side of the south wing, but it also remains unchanged from what it used to look like.

Thank you !

Yep, I knew the exterior had remained the same; nice pic thank you ! We are trying to avoid having a room with a patio so trying to figure out how to word a room request. We may just ask for third floor or higher. It isn't that we want a balcony, it is that we do not want a patio, but I am afraid "no patio" will end up with us being assigned to a patio room ;-)

SW

With Cub's Den closed permanently are there any plans to build a new kid's club at WL? Part of the reason that we were planning to stay there is for the kid's club (I was hoping that it would reopen after the construction)....may need to change resorts.

With Cub's Den closed permanently are there any plans to build a new kid's club at WL? Part of the reason that we were planning to stay there is for the kid's club (I was hoping that it would reopen after the construction)....may need to change resorts.

I don't believe there are plans to build a new one.

Where are the reviews and pics? I've been impatiently waiting for some real reviews and not just fluff!

(Oh, and WDWKOOK ... I did watch your real review of RF... Thanks!)

Room request question! We have a courtyard view booked because there weren't any standard rooms available for our dates. When we stayed last year were were in 4082--one of the rooms that faces out over the lobby area. We could go outside our door and there were rocking chairs right there to sit and relax and look down over the activities in the lobby. My son just said that was one of this favorite things about the resort!

So are there any courtyard view rooms with that same sort of setup? We've already requested an upper floor, but I'm thinking of using the Touring Plans room request that asks for certain rooms if there are any that would give us that view.

Room request question! We have a courtyard view booked because there weren't any standard rooms available for our dates. When we stayed last year were were in 4082--one of the rooms that faces out over the lobby area. We could go outside our door and there were rocking chairs right there to sit and relax and look down over the activities in the lobby. My son just said that was one of this favorite things about the resort!

So are there any courtyard view rooms with that same sort of setup? We've already requested an upper floor, but I'm thinking of using the Touring Plans room request that asks for certain rooms if there are any that would give us that view.
There are four rooms on each floor that have both a courtyard view and the lobby view, rooms x067, x069, x071 and x073. They are most likely on the 4th, 5th and 6th floors. There is a room map on the first page of this thread that gives you an idea of room numbers.

We are coming in a couple more months for our 4th Wilderness Lodge stay. It's just hubby and me. At the time of booking all that was available was a bunk bed courtyard room. What are the chances on check in if I request a non bunk bed room that I could get it? My preference is a MK facing high floor 2 queen bed room. Would they even consider honoring that request?

Hello....I've been following and just wanted to add our dates. We'll be at WL 12/9 - 12/17. Last time we stayed at Wilderness was for our honeymoon in September of 1999. (Right in time for Floyd.) This time we'll have dd and ds with us. Can't wait! Thank you everyone for sharing pictures and updates.

We went on the DVC tour of the CCV. They had samples from the Geyser Point restaurant that were very good. We got a few CCV pins as well. When I saw the 3 bedroom, I wanted to buy points right away. It was beautiful. The cabin was ok but felt small to me. The two bedroom lock off was a disappointment. It was for sure much brighter than the old rooms but both DH and I agree that we preferred the layout of the two bedrooms at BRV. I liked the furniture, carpet choices in the hallways and bathrooms. There were nice little attention to details that were nice.

We went on the DVC tour of the CCV. They had samples from the Geyser Point restaurant that were very good. We got a few CCV pins as well. When I saw the 3 bedroom, I wanted to buy points right away. It was beautiful. The cabin was ok but felt small to me. The two bedroom lock off was a disappointment. It was for sure much brighter than the old rooms but both DH and I agree that we preferred the layout of the two bedrooms at BRV. I liked the furniture, carpet choices in the hallways and bathrooms. There were nice little attention to details that were nice.

Did you tour at CCV itself, or at the SSR sales center? I'd love to see the CCV villas also but don't want to be tempted to buy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter