Disney's WILDERNESS LODGE Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We went on the DVC tour of the CCV. They had samples from the Geyser Point restaurant that were very good. We got a few CCV pins as well. When I saw the 3 bedroom, I wanted to buy points right away. It was beautiful. The cabin was ok but felt small to me. The two bedroom lock off was a disappointment. It was for sure much brighter than the old rooms but both DH and I agree that we preferred the layout of the two bedrooms at BRV. I liked the furniture, carpet choices in the hallways and bathrooms. There were nice little attention to details that were nice.
Agree with the GP food statement. We've eaten there twice and at the RF now, as well, and there's no comparison. RF took a giant step backward. The GVs do look gorgeous, but they are also more points than the cabins. We toured a cabin a couple of weeks ago as a Disney employee was checking into one for testing purposes and invited us in. It is smaller than the pics make it look, but it is very pretty. Gorgeous bathrooms. Nice living area with a two-sided gas fireplace--one side in living area and one side on the screened patio area. . .that also has a plunge hot tub. Don't like the layouts of the studios, 1 or 2 BRs, however. They had to work within the confines of the building structure, so the rooms feel shotgun-ish. Like VWL better. Truth in advertising, I do own at VWL.

Agree with the GP food statement. We've eaten there twice and at the RF now, as well, and there's no comparison. RF took a giant step backward. The GVs do look gorgeous, but they are also more points than the cabins. We toured a cabin a couple of weeks ago as a Disney employee was checking into one for testing purposes and invited us in. It is smaller than the pics make it look, but it is very pretty. Gorgeous bathrooms. Nice living area with a two-sided gas fireplace--one side in living area and one side on the screened patio area. . .that also has a plunge hot tub. Don't like the layouts of the studios, 1 or 2 BRs, however. They had to work within the confines of the building structure, so the rooms feel shotgun-ish. Like VWL better. Truth in advertising, I do own at VWL.
I agree with all your points.

I absolutely adore that art work they got in Copper Creek with like the old timey shipping stickers that show different landmarks around the resort like Roaring Fork, Territory Lounge, Copper Creek, etc.

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/More-Art-Studio-Disneys-Copper-Creek-Villas-from-**************.net_.jpg

Hello! I have been watching this thread with much interest as my extended family group of 10 will be staying at WL in early December. I've appreciated all the great information & descriptions, so thanks to everyone who has contributed!

I am reading with dismay - and a little shock, actually - that Cub's Den is closed for good. My husband & I hadn't confirmed that we'd use it but definitely were looking at it as an option we were glad to have available. Definitely a disappointment!

That's a shame about Roaring Forks :sad2: When I heard they were renovating it, I thought they were just making more room, not messing with the food! We will be there next month, I'm hoping the flatbreads are just as good as I remember

We are coming in a couple more months for our 4th Wilderness Lodge stay. It's just hubby and me. At the time of booking all that was available was a bunk bed courtyard room. What are the chances on check in if I request a non bunk bed room that I could get it? My preference is a MK facing high floor 2 queen bed room. Would they even consider honoring that request?
I would keep looking for a regular room to open up. There is no guarantee that they would be able to switch your bunk bed room to a regular room.

Hi folks! We are staying at WL for the first time Nov 25 - Dec 1 & splurged on club level ... it's only our 2nd family trip to WDW and we're super excited to visit over the holiday season! Our first trip to WDW was in May of last year and we stayed at the Art of Animation. Our kids (6 & 4) still go starry eyed talking about their beloved Lion King room! Even after I've shown photos of the giant Christmas tree in the lobby etc, they still ask to sleep in their Simba bed and so I'm feeling a little guilty about choosing WL. Can anyone offer any words of reassurance? What do your kids of a similar age enjoy about WL? Thank you
:tink:

Are the main elevators now open for all guest rooms with a separate door on each floor leading to CC rooms? Or are WL guests using elevators by RF only?

Hi folks! We are staying at WL for the first time Nov 25 - Dec 1 & splurged on club level ... it's only our 2nd family trip to WDW and we're super excited to visit over the holiday season! Our first trip to WDW was in May of last year and we stayed at the Art of Animation. Our kids (6 & 4) still go starry eyed talking about their beloved Lion King room! Even after I've shown photos of the giant Christmas tree in the lobby etc, they still ask to sleep in their Simba bed and so I'm feeling a little guilty about choosing WL. Can anyone offer any words of reassurance? What do your kids of a similar age enjoy about WL? Thank you
:tink:

I also posted in the CL thread but I will expand a little here.

My 1.5 year old son loved the little kid Splash park. Your 6 year old may be a little old for it, but I think your 4 year old will like it.

They have lawn games set up in the late afternoon/early evening. Like, hula hoops, bags, giant checkers & connect 4, etc. My son just liked picking up the stuff and looking at it, but your kids could probably actually play the games lol.

He also liked sitting in the rocking chairs in front of the fireplace and walking over the bridge in the lobby.

The boat ride to and from the MK was a real hit for him.

They have coloring pages/crayons in the CL lounge, which your kids can probably use better than mine...he just scribbles right now. They have kid-sized tables and chairs in there too. My son still needs a lot of help eating, but your kids could probably make a "kids table" if they want!

WL is a fabulous resort for young families and I'm so glad we chose it for our first vacation as a family of 3!

That's a shame about Roaring Forks :sad2: When I heard they were renovating it, I thought they were just making more room, not messing with the food! We will be there next month, I'm hoping the flatbreads are just as good as I remember
Keep in mind, that my opinion about RF is just that--I know some have been okay with the changes. Having been going to WL for nearly 15 years now, one of the things my wife and I most looked forward to at least once on our vacation, was the Mickey waffle with attending toppings. Gone. Now, when we were there, a helpful CM to whom we politely voiced our sadness over missing those made-to-order waffles said they could add a topping--a bananas foster-style one that comes with one of the kids' baskets. "Just tell the CM running the ordering register." We did. The other CM had no clue about what we spoke, so we had to go back to the helpful CM to get the topping. It was gluey, overtly sugary, and obviously very processed. I believe the CM said it came from a machine. There were two banana slices embedded in the syrupy goo. The waffles themselves were a departure from those in the past. For years, when you ordered Mickey waffles, they would scoop up the batter and make them right in front of your eyes. Now, the prep area is largely out of sight, so I don't know the process anymore, but the result was a cake donut-style waffle that lacked flavor and had a weird density. I ordered the kids' basket so got two small waffles (the adult basket has one large one), and I couldn't finish them. I feel quite certain that either they've changed the batter they use or their proportions are all wrong. Much of the other food seemed equally lackluster, some sitting out cafeteria style under salamanders, or pre-packaged and in the refrigerator section. If you like grab-n-go selections, this might be an improvement. If you prefer ordering as you go, the process is more laborious--you order from one side of RF (where you used to check out), then take your ticket to another CM on the opposite side who then gives it to someone in the kitchen. Then, you pay yet another CM at registers where the old pastries/sandwiches shelves used to be. RF wasn't crowded the morning I ordered the waffles--I waited behind one person to order my food--yet, it took nearly 15 minutes to get one kids' basket (two waffles and a side of bacon). All that was $8.79, I believe. For a couple of dollars more, my wife had the Eggs Benedict at GP--two eggs, each on a half cheddar cheese biscuit, Canadian bacon, and country potatoes. The eggs were perfectly cooked, and the tater nice and smoky. Once I ordered my basket at RF, she left and went over to GP. By the time I arrived, she had ordered, found a table, been served, and was starting to eat so the food wouldn't get cold. All of that to say, though it was only one visit, RF was mightily disappointing for us.

Are the main elevators now open for all guest rooms with a separate door on each floor leading to CC rooms? Or are WL guests using elevators by RF only?
Yes, all elevators are operating.

If you prefer ordering as you go, the process is more laborious--you order from one side of RF (where you used to check out), then take your ticket to another CM on the opposite side who then gives it to someone in the kitchen. Then, you pay yet another CM at registers where the old pastries/sandwiches shelves used to be.

This doesn't sound fun it sounds stressful lol Hopefully everything will work out in the end.

Where are the reviews and pics? I've been impatiently waiting for some real reviews and not just fluff!

I posted a review of a dedicated studio on my site last evening, with almost 40 pictures. TOS does not let me publish a link to my own site, but others can if they find the review of merit.

Also feel free to simply post the photos there (one is already on this thread--the badges above) -- credit to my site would be a kindness but is not required :) .

Keep in mind, that my opinion about RF is just that--I know some have been okay with the changes. Having been going to WL for nearly 15 years now, one of the things my wife and I most looked forward to at least once on our vacation, was the Mickey waffle with attending toppings. Gone. Now, when we were there, a helpful CM to whom we politely voiced our sadness over missing those made-to-order waffles said they could add a topping--a bananas foster-style one that comes with one of the kids' baskets. "Just tell the CM running the ordering register." We did. The other CM had no clue about what we spoke, so we had to go back to the helpful CM to get the topping. It was gluey, overtly sugary, and obviously very processed. I believe the CM said it came from a machine. There were two banana slices embedded in the syrupy goo. The waffles themselves were a departure from those in the past. For years, when you ordered Mickey waffles, they would scoop up the batter and make them right in front of your eyes. Now, the prep area is largely out of sight, so I don't know the process anymore, but the result was a cake donut-style waffle that lacked flavor and had a weird density. I ordered the kids' basket so got two small waffles (the adult basket has one large one), and I couldn't finish them. I feel quite certain that either they've changed the batter they use or their proportions are all wrong. Much of the other food seemed equally lackluster, some sitting out cafeteria style under salamanders, or pre-packaged and in the refrigerator section. If you like grab-n-go selections, this might be an improvement. If you prefer ordering as you go, the process is more laborious--you order from one side of RF (where you used to check out), then take your ticket to another CM on the opposite side who then gives it to someone in the kitchen. Then, you pay yet another CM at registers where the old pastries/sandwiches shelves used to be. RF wasn't crowded the morning I ordered the waffles--I waited behind one person to order my food--yet, it took nearly 15 minutes to get one kids' basket (two waffles and a side of bacon). All that was $8.79, I believe. For a couple of dollars more, my wife had the Eggs Benedict at GP--two eggs, each on a half cheddar cheese biscuit, Canadian bacon, and country potatoes. The eggs were perfectly cooked, and the tater nice and smoky. Once I ordered my basket at RF, she left and went over to GP. By the time I arrived, she had ordered, found a table, been served, and was starting to eat so the food wouldn't get cold. All of that to say, though it was only one visit, RF was mightily disappointing for us.

Yes, all elevators are operating.

According to a post on Humphrey's forum this morning, the Eggs Benedict and Crab Cake Benedict are no longer on the breakfast menu at GP. We are headed there next month and based on everything I'd read here and there, I was looking forward to trying them.

According to a post on Humphrey's forum this morning, the Eggs Benedict and Crab Cake Benedict are no longer on the breakfast menu at GP. We are headed there next month and based on everything I'd read here and there, I was looking forward to trying them.
Really?! Well, that's a crying shame if true.

I posted a review of a dedicated studio on my site last evening, with almost 40 pictures. TOS does not let me publish a link to my own site, but others can if they find the review of merit.

Also feel free to simply post the photos there (one is already on this thread--the badges above) -- credit to my site would be a kindness but is not required :) .

Did you take a moment to check the comfort of the sofa bed? I know they tend to get average to poor reviews. Just wondering if these fresh and new ones are better quality.

Taken 5 minutes ago:

Geyser Point Breakfast Menu.jpg

We had planned on the Crab Cake Benedict for tomorrow morning! Rats....

Taken 5 minutes ago:

View attachment 254220

We had planned on the Crab Cake Benedict for tomorrow morning! Rats....
Apparently, also gone are the scrambled eggs w/sausage or bacon and hash or fruit, as well as the buttermilk pancakes with a cinnamon-apple compote and either bacon, sausage, or Canadian bacon. Sigh. Just when you have a good place to start frequenting. . .:sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter