Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the disAbilities thread, but I was wondering if there are usually several ECV users waiting for buses in the mornings at POP? If so, how long a wait should I plan on?

IME, there are typically 2 scooters waiting for each bus. So, if you are the third, you will wait for the next bus.

Last edited:
I read through the last 5 pages or so and didn't see an answer. I thought there was an area that had updates on the renovations going on. I will be at POP next week. Are all of the buildings updated now or are they still working on 1, 2, & 3?

Do all rooms have the new shampoo/soaps? How strong are the smells? My daughter has a medical condition and reacts to strong smells.

Also, what building would you suggest if you had a standard room, but need it close to elevator, food, and buses in that order? My daughter sometimes needs a wheelchair, but currently is able to walk. We were looking at building 10, but if you have to walk all the way to the middle to get the elevator, we are not sure it is the best choice after all. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I read through the last 5 pages or so and didn't see an answer. I thought there was an area that had updates on the renovations going on. I will be at POP next week. Are all of the buildings updated now or are they still working on 1, 2, & 3?

Do all rooms have the new shampoo/soaps? How strong are the smells? My daughter has a medical condition and reacts to strong smells.
Yes it’s in all of the new rooms and yes it smells strong. So sorry! Just make sure you pack your own that you know is ok for her. Forgot....they are still working on those buildings.

You’re looking for Post 2 if the renovatiobs thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/pop-century-room-renovations.3573071/

The hair/soap products are the H2O brand that is also on the Disney Cruise Line. They do have a scent to them so if it were me I would bring products from home that she is okay with. Better safe than sorry.

I'm not sure how to quote the last two replies, but thank you! We will bring our own to be safe.

I added another question to my post above about building/elevator location. Looking at the map, I still think building 10 is the closest to the food court, even with a standard room by the elevator. Is that right?

6 weeks until we're back at Pop! :flower1: This will be our longest stay here so far. We're staying 5 nights before 1 night Poly and 8 at BC. Do they still have the drawing class at AoA? Is it worth going to?

What's the best location to see the HS fireworks?

6 weeks until we're back at Pop! :flower1: This will be our longest stay here so far. We're staying 5 nights before 1 night Poly and 8 at BC. Do they still have the drawing class at AoA? Is it worth going to?

Yay!! Yes, AoA still has drawing classes in their lobby at 11:00, 2:00 and 5:00 daily. We love them and find time to attend a class each trip.

I have heard that the best place to stand for the Star Wars fireworks at Disney's Hollywood Studios (guessing those are the ones you're asking about) is slightly to the right of centre, somewhere in front of the projection towers. We stood there and had a good view of both the projections and the fireworks.

Yay!! Yes, AoA still has drawing classes in their lobby at 11:00, 2:00 and 5:00 daily. We love them and find time to attend a class each trip.

I have heard that the best place to stand for the Star Wars fireworks at Disney's Hollywood Studios (guessing those are the ones you're asking about) is slightly to the right of centre, somewhere in front of the projection towers. We stood there and had a good view of both the projections and the fireworks.

Sorry, I meant where's the best place to see them from Pop? Aren't the HS fireworks the ones you can see from there?

Thanks for the other info! Every time we've stayed there I've wanted to try the class but never seem to find the time. I also want to try the food court at AoA. We're spending more time at the resort this trip.

Sorry, I meant where's the best place to see them from Pop? Aren't the HS fireworks the ones you can see from there?

Thanks for the other info! Every time we've stayed there I've wanted to try the class but never seem to find the time. I also want to try the food court at AoA. We're spending more time at the resort this trip.
Sorry! I misunderstood. You can see the fireworks at HS but they are at quite a distance. I like to stand on the walkway that goes around Pop, behind the 60's section, near the water. Not sure how gondola construction might affect this view?

We have stayed on the backside of the 50's, facing the lake, and had a great view of the fireworks at HS...we were on the 3rd floor, I believe.

Sorry! I misunderstood. You can see the fireworks at HS but they are at quite a distance. I like to stand on the walkway that goes around Pop, behind the 60's section, near the water. Not sure how gondola construction might affect this view?

We will watch them from inside HS at some point during our trip so not a big deal if the construction ends up blocking it, but I never miss a chance to see any fireworks I can :goodvibes

Thanks!

Generation Gap Bridge is usually a good spot,but not now with the Construction Wall spanning the length of the bridge.:)

I would go to the 4th Floor of 1950s Building 2 and watch from there.

The below picture is from that location.

IllumiNations can be seen(and heard) from there and also HEA can be seen off in the distance.:)

(Of course,we are only talking about the "high fireworks" for each show.)

Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular
upload_2018-5-9_8-31-0.png

Generation Gap Bridge is usually a good spot,but not now with the Construction Wall spanning the length of the bridge.:)

I would go to the 4th Floor of 1950s Building 2 and watch from there.

The below picture is from that location.

IllumiNations can be seen(and heard) from there and also HEA can be seen off in the distance.:)

(Of course,we are only talking about the "high fireworks" for each show.)

Star Wars-A Galactic Spectacular
View attachment 321491

Great picture! Thank you!

Also, what building would you suggest if you had a standard room, but need it close to elevator, food, and buses in that order? My daughter sometimes needs a wheelchair, but currently is able to walk. We were looking at building 10, but if you have to walk all the way to the middle to get the elevator, we are not sure it is the best choice after all. Thoughts?
The elevators are in the same place in all of the buildings so I do think building 10 is probabaly your best bet. It's close to the classic hall, where you'll find the food court and access transportation. Buildings 4 and 5 are also close to food and transportation, but there are fewer standard rooms in those buildings so your chance of getting one doesn't have quite the odds as requesting building 10. Still, it's only a request; there's always a chance you won't get it. It might be too late if your trip is next week, but you could consider switch your reservation to an accessible room. Those are fairly close to the elevator (so you wouldn't be taking a chance of ending up at the end of one of the "wings" of the building) in every building.

My DD usually walks but also sometimes needs a wheelchair. We stayed in building 10 last November and found it very convenient. What I do is rent a wheelchair (Orlando medical rentals) starting on day 1 of our trip. It stays in our room until/if she needs it.

Food court question: can I use the microwave and toaster there for my own food or do I have to buy it from the food court? I'd really like to save a few bucks on breakfast, and while I'm okay with cereal in the room, more variety would be nice.

Also, is there complimentary hot water in the food court for my own tea? Usually I just heat my evening tea water in the coffee makers that come standard in most other hotel rooms, but it doesn't look like Pop has those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter