Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming in early July for a 5 night stay. We are booked in a standard pool view. Can anyone confirm where they are with the 50s section? Will it all most likely be closed for refurbishment early July?
Current status is Bldg3 closed, portions of 1 closed. Bldg 2 open in a pre-refurbished state. If you look for the Pop Century Refurbishment thread, pst 2 in that thread always has a status of the refurbishments.

Current status is Bldg3 closed, portions of 1 closed. Bldg 2 open in a pre-refurbished state. If you look for the Pop Century Refurbishment thread, pst 2 in that thread always has a status of the refurbishments.

Thank you. I didn’t see that that particular page lists the buildings that are closed. I’ve never been at a resort during a refurb, so I didn’t know if they remain partially open during a refurb or not.

Question: Does anyone know if I can get my tickets from my package activated by the front desk CMs at Pop Century? Or do I need to go to Disney Springs to get it activated?

Question: Does anyone know if I can get my tickets from my package activated by the front desk CMs at Pop Century? Or do I need to go to Disney Springs to get it activated?
Can you please clarify what type of ticket you’re asking about? I’m not familiar with tickets that need to be activated.

Can you please clarify what type of ticket you’re asking about? I’m not familiar with tickets that need to be activated.

So I have a "room only" reservation at Pop for a couple days prior to the start of my "room+ticket" package stay at Disney. I want to use the water park tix and miniature golf tickets, which are part of my park hopper tickets, while I am staying at Pop. Therefore I need to get my tickets activated before going to water park or miniature golf...

If both stays are at Pop, the concierge may be able to do it. Otherwise, you’ll need to hit DS.

So I have a "room only" reservation at Pop for a couple days prior to the start of my "room+ticket" package stay at Disney. I want to use the water park tix and miniature golf tickets, which are part of my park hopper tickets, while I am staying at Pop. Therefore I need to get my tickets activated before going to water park or miniature golf...

Sorry I don’t know the answer but, I do however know where to send you for the answer. Go to “ALL About TIckets and Upgrades” on the board. Sorry it didn’t cut and paste correctly.

Any guest services at any of the parks would be able to activate your tickets. No need to go to Disney Springs, unless you were planning to be there anyway.

Hey there Hi there, Ho there! I will be staying at Pop Century for the first time in December and have booked a standard pool view room. Wondering what building I will probably be placed in with this type of reservation? Compared to moderate resorts, what is the walk like to the main building?( I have stayed at all the moderates including long distance walks like the pirate rooms at CBR and the Rancho at CSR). I am capable of walking but after long days in the parks sometimes you just want to save on steps. Any advice in what to put as a preference for my reservation to try and get closer would be appreciated

I don't own a Keurig but know that they are now in Pop rooms. Will the Keurig coffee I buy in the store work in the Pop Keurig? I want Starbucks!

I don't own a Keurig but know that they are now in Pop rooms. Will the Keurig coffee I buy in the store work in the Pop Keurig? I want Starbucks!
It’s a different brand. Cuisinart, I believe. It doesn’t take pods. They are flat things. Google images will help.

Hey there Hi there, Ho there! I will be staying at Pop Century for the first time in December and have booked a standard pool view room. Wondering what building I will probably be placed in with this type of reservation? Compared to moderate resorts, what is the walk like to the main building?( I have stayed at all the moderates including long distance walks like the pirate rooms at CBR and the Rancho at CSR). I am capable of walking but after long days in the parks sometimes you just want to save on steps. Any advice in what to put as a preference for my reservation to try and get closer would be appreciated

You could be in any of the buildings in the 50's, 80's or 90's section. Would you prefer the computer pool or the bowling pin pool? The closest rooms in the 50's are nearest the lobby. The 80's/90's rooms will bring you close to the buses if you don't mind cutting through the parking lot. Check out a map.

You won't find the walk bad since you have experience with Ranchos and Pirate rooms.

I stayed in building 3 of the 50's section and it was a super short walk. 50's, 60's , and 70's sections all have close rooms but I would not request lake view.

You could be in any of the buildings in the 50's, 80's or 90's section. Would you prefer the computer pool or the bowling pin pool? The closest rooms in the 50's are nearest the lobby. The 80's/90's rooms will bring you close to the buses if you don't mind cutting through the parking lot. Check out a map.

You won't find the walk bad since you have experience with Ranchos and Pirate rooms.
Thank you for the information and giving me a better perspective on the distance.I have been looking at the map and would rather stay in the 80s section as I relate better to that era, but could not tell by the map the aspect ratio compared to maps of the moderates. Is there more than one door into the food court? or is it just the doors in the middle of classic hall.

You should check out the room finder tool on Touring Plans. I do not believe you need a subscription to just search for rooms, only to have them make the request for you. It will tell you a TON of into about each room, its distance to things, etc, and with a photo of the view.

You should check out the room finder tool on Touring Plans. I do not believe you need a subscription to just search for rooms, only to have them make the request for you. It will tell you a TON of into about each room, its distance to things, etc, and with a photo of the view.

Unfortunately, more often than not incorrect information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter