Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The covered Oasis patios. We have one booked for a full day and we were considering the Feast for dinner before we go to the Halloween party that night. (We're not bothered about getting to MK at 4pm because we're not interested in waiting on lines for characters, and we have hoppers for plenty of MK time.)
OK still going with a "Maybe" for now due to the issue of glass near the Oasis pool.

You might want to call Private Dining a day or two before to ask if they can package your Twilight Feast without glass or if glass items are OK on one of the patios. I don't know the direct number but you should be able to call Polynesian resort at (407) 824-2000 and ask for Private Dining and ask about the Oasis Patio location.

Dave

OK still going with a "Maybe" for now due to the issue of glass near the Oasis pool.

You might want to call Private Dining a day or two before to ask if they can package your Twilight Feast without glass or if glass items are OK on one of the patios. I don't know the direct number but you should be able to call Polynesian resort at (407) 824-2000 and ask for Private Dining and ask about the Oasis Patio location.

Dave

Thanks so much for the number, I made myself a reminder to call ahead! If not we’ve got a plan B and will just drop a dinner ADR on another night.

Its getting closer to our first Poly stay in December and we are so excited! Quick question on Trader Sam's, let me know if I should post in the restaurants forum instead. First, how long of a wait can I expect and if we want to go in at 4:00 what time should we get there. I have been seeing more and more of Trader Sam's in YouTube videos etc. and I'm wondering if its really crowded and hard to get into. Second question, is it really ok for kids to go in before 8:00 are there many that take their kids? My son is excited about the fun effects with the drinks but I don't want others to be bothered that there is a kid there or for us to feel uncomfortable. TIA
I believe we got there about 30 minutes early and were in within a few minutes of opening. We took our then 2 year old and 7 year old, and stayed about an hour. The kids loved the effects and we enjoyed our drinks and sushi :)

Received my magic bands yesterday so its starting to sink in more that another stay at the Poly is going to be a reality. Only 24 more days that will for sure seem like forever. It will be my third stay but first in a villa studio. I have not been since the security checkpoints were moved into the monorail resorts. Can anyone tell me what time I would need to leave the Poly in order to get to MK just before rope drop (on a Tuesday 9am opening) and if its better crowd wise to use the monorail or boat launch to get there? Thank you.

Received my magic bands yesterday so its starting to sink in more that another stay at the Poly is going to be a reality. Only 24 more days that will for sure seem like forever. It will be my third stay but first in a villa studio. I have not been since the security checkpoints were moved into the monorail resorts. Can anyone tell me what time I would need to leave the Poly in order to get to MK just before rope drop (on a Tuesday 9am opening) and if its better crowd wise to use the monorail or boat launch to get there? Thank you.

I prefer the monorail myself. If I happen to see the boat heading towards the Poly dock I may opt to take it... but otherwise I tend to like the monorail better in the morning.

So for a 9AM MK opening, the MK gates open 7:45ish-8AM and you are free to walk around Main Street / the Hub. The welcome show will be at the castle stage at 8:55AM, after which the “ropes drop” and the MK is open. Sorry if you already know all of that!

But point being, when you leave depends on what time you’re trying to arrive at MK during that “open an hour early” window. For us, I generally like to be arriving at MK in the 7:45-8AM timeframe, head in, grab a ride on the Main Street vehicles if they are running, maybe grab a drink at Starbucks, sit and enjoy the sights/sounds of a somewhat empty Main Street before the chaos of the day ensues.

For me, that means being at the Poly monorail platform around 7:30AM. If you don’t want to get to MK that early, you can adjust accordingly.

I find the security checkpoint at the Poly monorail platform is usually pretty quick/efficient, especially at that hour. You can occasionally be in a longer line every once in awhile, but compared to the old setup (with security at the MK gates), I am a huge fan of the new procedures - it really makes getting to rope drop so much easier.

Anyway, sorry, long post, but hope it helps. Happy to answer any questions.

I prefer the monorail myself. If I happen to see the boat heading towards the Poly dock I may opt to take it... but otherwise I tend to like the monorail better in the morning.

So for a 9AM MK opening, the MK gates open 7:45ish-8AM and you are free to walk around Main Street / the Hub. The welcome show will be at the castle stage at 8:55AM, after which the “ropes drop” and the MK is open. Sorry if you already know all of that!

But point being, when you leave depends on what time you’re trying to arrive at MK during that “open an hour early” window. For us, I generally like to be arriving at MK in the 7:45-8AM timeframe, head in, grab a ride on the Main Street vehicles if they are running, maybe grab a drink at Starbucks, sit and enjoy the sights/sounds of a somewhat empty Main Street before the chaos of the day ensues.

For me, that means being at the Poly monorail platform around 7:30AM. If you don’t want to get to MK that early, you can adjust accordingly.

I find the security checkpoint at the Poly monorail platform is usually pretty quick/efficient, especially at that hour. You can occasionally be in a longer line every once in awhile, but compared to the old setup (with security at the MK gates), I am a huge fan of the new procedures - it really makes getting to rope drop so much easier.

I completely agree! We experienced the security checkpoint at GF in December, and found the same situation- depending on the time of day, the line could be a little longer than expected. However it's still better than waiting on line once you get to Magic Kingdom! July is getting closer!!! :darth:

Last edited:
Speaking about security check points, how does it work for guests walking to the TTC from the poly to catch the monorail to EPCOT? Is there a separate security check off to the side that is more for people walking from the Poly? Is it more time efficient now to take the resort monorail to the TTC then transfer, or still walk to the TTC?

Speaking about security check points, how does it work for guests walking to the TTC from the poly to catch the monorail to EPCOT? Is there a separate security check off to the side that is more for people walking from the Poly? Is it more time efficient now to take the resort monorail to the TTC then transfer, or still walk to the TTC?

No, unfortunately there’s not a seperate check-point just for people walking the path from Poly to the TTC. That’s actually one of my few small gripes with the current security setup.

Instead, you’re directed towards where the parking lot trams unload and you go through security there. If you’re walking up the same time a tram is unloading, there will be a decent crowd / number of people in line. The good thing is there are usually a lot of security stations open dealing with the inflow of people (especially in the AM), so it’s not the end of the world and it tends to move quickly.

I do secretly wish there was a dedicated station on the path, although I suspect there’s not enough foot traffic to really justify it.

99% of the time I would still walk vs taking the Resort monorail around. The 1% being reserved for if it were storming/raining.

Also while on the subject, unfortunately given the configuration of the monorail exit ramp at Epcot you also go through security again at Epcot. For that reason, I am 99% bagless at Epcot these days. :-)

Is it more time efficient now to take the resort monorail to the TTC then transfer, or still walk to the TTC?
Always quicker to walk to the TTC for the Epcot Monorail unless you have the time for Resort Monorail to stop at the GF, MK, CR, hold for TTC and then arrive at TCC then you get to walk down the ramps and then backup on the Epcot line.

Note: While walking is always fastest, it might not be the best depending the weather since the Resort Monorail route is all under cover from rain with less heat and humidity (maybe depending on the A/C working).

Dave

To confirm - if you take the monorail from Poly to MK you can go through security before hopping on the monorail and then head straight into the park (skipping security there) when you arrive at MK?

When you take the boat you go through security once you arrive at MK?

To confirm - if you take the monorail from Poly to MK you can go through security before hopping on the monorail and then head straight into the park (skipping security there) when you arrive at MK?
First question is easy. You must now go through security before you board the Resort Monorail on the 2nd floor of the Great Ceremonial House. You are then clear to just head to the Main Gate.

Others will have to chime on the Resort Motor launch path.

Dave

When you take the boat you go through security once you arrive at MK?

Yes, if you take the boat from Poly, you go through security before exiting the dock area at the MK. Because it’s pretty much a single station that is only serving folks from the GF/Poly loop exiting at MK, being first off the boat has a bit of an advantage.

Are the Poly pools heated? Asking because my trip is in December and I have a niece that wants to hit the pool.

Yes both pools are heated to a minimum of 80 degrees. Just have a towel or robe handy for her as some years December may have cool days.

Dave

Thanks for the tips! I wasn't aware of the changes to rope drop with the welcome show now being at the castle.

On our departing day we usually check our bags at the airport check-in station (what a great service that is) and then head to MK until the afternoon Magical Express pick up time. This time though, so that morning is not so rushed, I decided to change it up some and make the departure day a resort/pool day instead since we will have a 3pm ME pick up time. I would love to get a 1pm late check out granted but am not counting on it. So I plan to use the use the shower area and lockers at the lava pool prior to leaving. Does anyone know what size these lockers are and if the shower room area is suitable for getting changed or is it real tiny? I searched you tube for poly pool videos but could not find one that shows this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter