Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
If taking your kid to Trader Sam’s before 8PM is wrong, I don’t want to be right. :-)

But in all seriousness, I’ve taken my son (who is currently 7) in there many times. He gets a kiddie drink, I get the real thing, life is good. The effects don’t necessarily hold his attention all that long so we’re often one drink and done, but it’s something we’ll do occasionally none-the-less. Admittedly, it is more for me than him. :rolleyes1

As far as crowds, I find it pretty variable. Sometimes there will be a wait when I didn’t expect one, and sometimes when I figure no chance I can walk right in. Seems hard to predict with any degree of certainty, from my experience.

Have fun!

Thanks! My son wants me to get all the drinks. He's a good boy to enable his mom.:rolleyes2 I did tell him if I got all the drinks he need a wheel chair to get me back to the room. :rotfl2:I think the plan is to try to get there around 3:30ish to get a buzzer and get in right at 4:00 have a beverage (or two) and have a lateish dinner at 'Ohana.

Thanks! My son wants me to get all the drinks. He's a good boy to enable his mom.:rolleyes2 I did tell him if I got all the drinks he need a wheel chair to get me back to the room. :rotfl2:I think the plan is to try to get there around 3:30ish to get a buzzer and get in right at 4:00 have a beverage (or two) and have a lateish dinner at 'Ohana.
Sounds like a plan. My daughter (20) and her friend(19) are unfortunately underage, but they will enjoy the atmosphere and the virgin cocktails nonetheless.

Does CC have any Kona blend coffee or just the normal Disney brew? If no Kona coffee at CC, how is the Kona Island line in the mornings?

In my experience the pager works in the Boutiki, out on the Trader Sam's patio, and even upstairs at Tambu. You may get in right at 4:00 but even if you don't you have plenty of fun places to wait!

And as someone with no kids, don't worry about being judged on taking your kids in before 8:00. It's Disney World, for crying out loud. I expect kids everywhere!

Has there been any talk of Deluxe resorts getting Freestyle machines? I was so happy to have the Freestyle machines at CBR on my last visit. Its a shame that they are not an option at every resort.

GF, YC, and BC all have the freestyle machines. WL QS just recently finished a refurbishment and did not receive on so IDK the rhyme or reason.

Does CC have any Kona blend coffee or just the normal Disney brew? If no Kona coffee at CC, how is the Kona Island line in the mornings?
I sometimes stop by Kona Island early in the morning before catching the monorail or bus and did not find it too busy. This would have been before 8 or so.

Sounds like a plan. My daughter (20) and her friend(19) are unfortunately underage, but they will enjoy the atmosphere and the virgin cocktails nonetheless.

DW and I went last year with our daughters (19 and 20) at 7:00 ish and got a table. DW and I ordered the fun drinks off the menu, DD20 ordered a fake drink, and DD19 ordered water. The waitress brought the three drinks first. Shen then brought the glass of water, making a huge production out of it, similar to the what they do for the signature drinks. At 7:45 pm, they make an announcement over a bull horn saying all under 21's need to be out by 8:00 pm. All the adults (including us) cheered. We sent the girls on their way, and DW and I had another drink. There are no issues with the kids being in the bar, as long as you realize that there will be adults in there drinking alcohol. (I recall hearing, but I do not know if it is true, that underage kids cannot sit at the bar at anytime)

In my experience the pager works in the Boutiki, out on the Trader Sam's patio, and even upstairs at Tambu. You may get in right at 4:00 but even if you don't you have plenty of fun places to wait!

And as someone with no kids, don't worry about being judged on taking your kids in before 8:00. It's Disney World, for crying out loud. I expect kids everywhere!
We took our four year old son but made it super clear to him that this was more of an adult place and good behavior was expected. He loved his punch drink, the Portuguese sausages and the antics. Definitely a place to have a drink or two max with kids in tow but much like @GADisneyDad14 said, kids will get antsy after a while then it’s time to split :)

Also be aware they don’t serve any virgin drinks in fun drink ware! (Sidenote for OP!)

Last edited:
IMG_2538.JPG IMG_2539.JPG IMG_2540.JPG
Last October I cheated and ordered coffee via room service. It was a lovely treat to stay in the room and have coffee and then head out for a busy day. I did the continental and wow a lot of stuff.

I ordered the night before for a 7am delivery and that worked great,

The continental and Tonga toast and pancakes:

I think I'm suffering from Excessiveplanneritis...I intentionally left our AK blank with no ADRs, thinking we would get lunch in Pandora and have the Twilight Feast that night back in the room, but I got reminded of the ROL package and now we're thinking about Tusker House. So now I'm wondering about just ordering the feast on our pool day. Do they deliver to the Oasis patio?

I think I'm suffering from Excessiveplanneritis...I intentionally left our AK blank with no ADRs, thinking we would get lunch in Pandora and have the Twilight Feast that night back in the room, but I got reminded of the ROL package and now we're thinking about Tusker House. So now I'm wondering about just ordering the feast on our pool day. Do they deliver to the Oasis patio?
I was just researching that myself. It is only available dinner time FYI.

Where it delivers? I know to room and cl lounge I've seen.

Maybe someone else knows if pool side available.

Someone reported not that long ago (around spring break maybe?) of having the feast delivered to the cabanas. I thought it sounded like an excellent idea!

So now I'm wondering about just ordering the feast on our pool day. Do they deliver to the Oasis patio?
Do you mean deliver to one of the 3 covered Oasis Patios or just pool side?

The answer would be a maybe due to the twilight feast including a couple of items in glass containers. There was at least some reports that the twilight feast was available in the Premium Cabana at the Lava pool area since it could be reserved until midnight and included the ability to order from the Private dining menu. Is that even still available?

Note: the twilight feast is only available from 4:30 PM until 10 PM.

Dave

Someone reported not that long ago (around spring break maybe?) of having the feast delivered to the cabanas. I thought it sounded like an excellent idea!

Do you mean deliver to one of the 3 covered Oasis Patios or just pool side?

The answer would be a maybe due to the twilight feast including a couple of items in glass containers. There was at least some reports that the twilight feast was available in the Premium Cabana at the Lava pool area since it could be reserved until midnight and included the ability to order from the Private dining menu. Is that even still available?

Note: the twilight feast is only available from 4:30 PM until 10 PM.

Dave

The covered Oasis patios. We have one booked for a full day and we were considering the Feast for dinner before we go to the Halloween party that night. (We're not bothered about getting to MK at 4pm because we're not interested in waiting on lines for characters, and we have hoppers for plenty of MK time.)

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere on the thread:

Which is the better monorail approach if I'm looking to arrive at MK early when the park itself opens at 8am? I don't mind walking at all, so regardless of my longhouse location is it best to walk to TTC? Or am I better taking resort monorail from GCH? Thanks!

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere on the thread:

Which is the better monorail approach if I'm looking to arrive at MK early when the park itself opens at 8am? I don't mind walking at all, so regardless of my longhouse location is it best to walk to TTC? Or am I better taking resort monorail from GCH? Thanks!

No need to go to TTC to get to MK. Just walk out 2nd FL of GCH, go through security and 2 stops to MK. Super easy. And monorail this week starts at 7:00 am. Check times guide for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter