Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just returned from a 9-night stay at the Poly on a multigenerational vacation - 6 adults, 4 kids ages 13 months - 5 1/2. It was such a great vacation! In the months leading up to the trip I studied these forums like crazy (thanks everyone!). While the Poly gets a lot of love, from time to time there's a post or two about a bad experience. Happy to say we couldn't have been more pleased.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed Poly CL :wizard:.

Afternoon folks. Newcomer to the the thread and looking for some advice. Usually stay at WL however the availability for next year is limited and thinking of staying for the first time at Poly. It’s myself, DW, DD age 17 and DS age 4. Wondered what the pros and cons are between a standard room or a deluxe studio ? I have seen a lot of comments regarding the poor sound proofing at the studios ? Also, I would not be keen on a room without either a balcony or patio as we are intending to stay for 2 or even 3 weeks. Am I correct in saying the studios are only on 2 levels so would guarantee either a balcony or patio ? Ive been to the resort a few times for meals but never stayed before.

Thanks in advance

Afternoon folks. Newcomer to the the thread and looking for some advice. Usually stay at WL however the availability for next year is limited and thinking of staying for the first time at Poly. It’s myself, DW, DD age 17 and DS age 4. Wondered what the pros and cons are between a standard room or a deluxe studio ? I have seen a lot of comments regarding the poor sound proofing at the studios ? Also, I would not be keen on a room without either a balcony or patio as we are intending to stay for 2 or even 3 weeks. Am I correct in saying the studios are only on 2 levels so would guarantee either a balcony or patio ? Ive been to the resort a few times for meals but never stayed before.

Thanks in advance
We stayed in Pago Pago on our last trip on the first floor, there was a patio. I'm not sure about the 2nd floor, I know a lot of the buildings do not have balconies on the second floor. As far as the room sound, we never had any issues the 9 nights we stayed there, very quiet. And this was during the construction time. The studios are very nice! You're 4 year old should enjoy the Lilo & Stich murphy bed and you're 17 year old will have the pullout all to herself. You also have the benefit of the one full bathroom and the second bathroom with sink and (wonderful) shower. They are smaller than the standard rooms though, the room itself that is.

Thanks in advance

The three DVC longhouses (aka, where the Deluxe Studios are located) have patios on the first first floor and balconies on the second and third floor. The longhouses are Pago Pago, Tokelau, and Moorea.

The resort side longhouses (aka, where the standard resort rooms are located) do not have balconies on the second floor - they have a balcony door but an immediate Juliet style railing. There are patios on the first floor and balconies on the third floor (for the buildings that have three floors).

I don’t have any personal experience with the DVC-side rooms, but have stayed on the resort side plenty of times. Depending on our view category we usually request a third floor room for the balcony space. With a few exceptions, we have had reasonable luck having this request granted. Of course, nothing is ever guaranteed.

Hope that helps.

Booking a studio would pretty much guarantee a balcony or patio since those buildings all have balconies on both second and third floors. The standard rooms do not have balconies on the second floors so you would need to request first floor or third floor and hope you get your request.

We have stayed in both studios and standard rooms at the Poly and did not have sound issues in either. When we stay at WL we often hear the toilets flushing from the neighboring rooms, but haven't experienced that at the Poly.

We prefer the bathroom set up in the studios. You get two separate rooms. One room has a sink and a nice stand alone shower. The other room has sink, toilet and a tub\shower combo. This sort of makes the actual room a little smaller but we prefer more bathroom space when getting ready in the mornings over more room space which we only really sleep in.

The studio also has more kitchen appliances. The studio will have coffee maker, sink, microwave, mini fridge, and toaster. The standard room will have mini fridge and coffee maker only.

There is also a difference in bedding. The studio has a queen bed, a queen sofa bed and a fold down murphy type bed (not quite twin size). The standard room will have two queen beds and a day bed. The day bed is probably pretty much the same size as the fold down bed in the studio, not quite the size of a twin, but almost.

We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary on our trip, we got married at Disney in the wedding pavilion, so I thought we'd request a view of the Wedding Pavilion. I looked on touring plans and it seems like the foliage is so lush there might not be anything with that view, but it’s hard to tell from a picture that is only the view in one direction. Has anyone stayed in a room with a view towards the Grand and the Wedding Pavilion? I’d love to know which building and floor you are on if you had that view!

So just to make sure Im getting this right.

If Im staying at Poly and GF I will go through security before getting on monrail.
IF I take the boat I will go through security before getting off the dock area.
If I walk to TTC to take monorail to Epcot will I go through security with everyone else?

So just to make sure Im getting this right.

1) If Im staying at Poly and GF I will go through security before getting on monrail.
2) IF I take the boat I will go through security before getting off the dock area.
3) If I walk to TTC to take monorail to Epcot will I go through security with everyone else?

1) Yep. :thumbsup2

2) Yep (the MK dock area, just for full clarity).

3) Yes, you will be directed towards the security stations that also serve folks who have parked at the TTC. If you’re arriving at the same time a tram is unloading, there will often be a bit of a crowd, but usually there are lots of stations open and it moves relatively quickly. Although, this can vary depending on the time of day. If you take the monorail to Epcot, you will then go through security again at Epcot before entering the park. It’s an unfortunate byproduct of the way the monorail exit ramp is configured at Epcot. This is one of the reasons I try to go bagless to Epcot if at all possible.

Hope that makes sense.

We’re celebrating our 10th anniversary on our trip, we got married at Disney in the wedding pavilion, so I thought we'd request a view of the Wedding Pavilion. I looked on touring plans and it seems like the foliage is so lush there might not be anything with that view, but it’s hard to tell from a picture that is only the view in one direction. Has anyone stayed in a room with a view towards the Grand and the Wedding Pavilion? I’d love to know which building and floor you are on if you had that view!

We stayed in Fiji Room 3301 - it was PERFECT, and classified as standard... You can see the wedding pavilion if you squint.. Here is a view from the room!

OSEJcj5.jpg

1) Yep. :thumbsup2

2) Yep (the MK dock area, just for full clarity).

3) Yes, you will be directed towards the security stations that also serve folks who have parked at the TTC. If you’re arriving at the same time a tram is unloading, there will often be a bit of a crowd, but usually there are lots of stations open and it moves relatively quickly. Although, this can vary depending on the time of day. If you take the monorail to Epcot, you will then go through security again at Epcot before entering the park. It’s an unfortunate byproduct of the way the monorail exit ramp is configured at Epcot. This is one of the reasons I try to go bagless to Epcot if at all possible.

Hope that makes sense.
So there is security to go through before boarding the monorail at the TTC and then Ill go through it again at Epcot? Wow thats a bit much but I dont know of another way to get to Epcot other than bus which Id like to avoid, we are staying DVC so the walk to TTC will be close..

It really was peaceful! Some people do not like Fiji because it's across the Marina from the pool, but honestly it was a 2 minute walk and it was away from the main hustle and bustle of the resort! It was fantastic!

Thank you for that information. Is that DVC? I would love to stay somewhere out of the hustle and bustle but I am staying DVC Studio.

So there is security to go through before boarding the monorail at the TTC and then Ill go through it again at Epcot? Wow thats a bit much but I dont know of another way to get to Epcot other than bus which Id like to avoid, we are staying DVC so the walk to TTC will be close..

Yep. Think about the TTC as having a security “bubble” around it. You have to go through security to get “into” the main TTC area, regardless if you are then heading to the Resort Monorail, Express Monorail, Epcot Monorail, or MK Ferry.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no bus from any monorail resort to Epcot - your only Disney transport option is the monorail. The only time there will be a bus to Epcot is if the monorail is not running.

Unfortunately this means dual-screenings when going to Epcot are inevitable.

The going theory is that the Epcot front entryway / monorail exit area will eventually be reconfigured when Epcot starts seeing some of the proposed new work in the coming years, but that’s a ways down the road in all likelihood.

Yep. Think about the TTC as having a security “bubble” around it. You have to go through security to get “into” the main TTC area, regardless if you are then heading to the Resort Monorail, Express Monorail, Epcot Monorail, or MK Ferry.

And I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but there is no bus from any monorail resort to Epcot - your only Disney transport option is the monorail. The only time there will be a bus to Epcot is if the monorail is not running.

Unfortunately this means dual-screenings when going to Epcot are inevitable.

The going theory is that the Epcot front entryway / monorail exit area will eventually be reconfigured when Epcot starts seeing some of the proposed new work in the coming years, but that’s a ways down the road in all likelihood.
Yikes! I’m glad that we only have one day planned for Epcot.

Hi all! We just booked our first stay at the Poly for the end of August. :cool1: I read through pages and pages of this thread and got some great tips. :flower1::worship: The cabanas at the Oasis pool look nice since I really like to be in the shade, how far ahead can you book them? If it rains and you cancel do you get a refund? Thanks!

Thank you for that information. Is that DVC? I would love to stay somewhere out of the hustle and bustle but I am staying DVC Studio.
No the Fiji longhouse is not a DVC building, it is as standard resort room building near the Spirit of Aloha dinner show (luau cove) on the GF side of the resort. The DVC deluxe studios are located in the Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokelau longhouses. They are located on the TTC side of the resort.

Dave

No the Fiji longhouse is not a DVC building, it is as standard resort room building near the Spirit of Aloha dinner show (luau cove) on the GF side of the resort. The DVC deluxe studios are located in the Moorea, Pago Pago and Tokelau longhouses. They are located on the TTC side of the resort.

Dave

Which of those would be the one to request if I want something peaceful and quiet?

The cabanas at the Oasis pool look nice since I really like to be in the shade, how far ahead can you book them? If it rains and you cancel do you get a refund? Thanks!
There are 3 covered pool patios available at the Oasis pool. Call 407-WDW-PLAY ((407) 939-7529) to make reservations. All rentals can be made up to 180 days in advance, and they must be prepaid when reserved. They can be reserved for 1/2 day or full day increments. Pricing varies depending on the season.

Reservations can be cancelled for a full refund up to 24-hours in advance of the rental date. You can also make reservations via the concierge desk at the Great Ceremonial House during your stay.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter