Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got our magic bands. Can't wait for our stay. Poly has been my dream resort since I saw it as a kid back in the '70s and we were staying off property at the Dutch Inn.

We stayed at the Dutch Inn when we visited and I was 9 years old. I remember the X shaped swimming pool and my eyes being huge when we saw the monorail!

Does anyone know the current schedule for the Epcot monorail? We want to get to Epcot by 8:20am on a Saturday morning in October. If we walk to the TTC, will the monorail be running? I can only find info on the Magical Kingdom monorails. Thanks!

Does anyone know the current schedule for the Epcot monorail? We want to get to Epcot by 8:20am on a Saturday morning in October. If we walk to the TTC, will the monorail be running? I can only find info on the Magical Kingdom monorails. Thanks!
Epcot monorail starts at 8 am, so you'll be fine.

Reactions: CJK
Anyone staying at the Poly in the next 2 weeks get an email from Disney warning of problems with the AC units in the bungalows?? We just got one...but we don't have a bungalow booked.
I'm staying there in a couple weeks.. didn't get an email.. and we don't have a bungalow.

Just finished up our first Poly stay of 6 nights. It is definitely my new favorite resort. We also had first timers with us and they are already contemplating a return trip next year. Thanks to all for helping me get them hooked like we are!
Here are a few thoughts:
-requested Samoa, but both of us got first-floor Rarotonga. LOVED it. It was soooo convenient to the bus stop and the GCH. Our room overlooked the Oasis pool and grill.
-transportation was top-notch. The most we waited for a bus was 4 minutes. Not exaggerating!
-loved the pools, especially the Oasis pool. For those wondering, they do not kick you out or lock the gates at 11 pm. We swam 5 out of our 6 nights there until after midnight.
- food at CC was great. A little bit of a wait sometimes but enjoyed several items there.
-room was huge and clean. Room was always cleaned on time.
-Trader Sam's and Tambu Lounge had awesome drinks!
We had an awesome time and I hope we get to return very soon!!

This web page posts that current Time Guide. Just check it before you leave and pick up one at your resort or at the front of any park.

Note: Look under Epcot for the Epcot loop times. Currently the Epcot line starts late on Mon-Tue. ( 9 AM ).

Link: http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html

Dave

Got our magic bands. Can't wait for our stay. Poly has been my dream resort since I saw it as a kid back in the '70s and we were staying off property at the Dutch Inn.

The Poly is amazing, you will love it! Hope you have a great time :wizard:.

Just finished up our first Poly stay of 6 nights. It is definitely my new favorite resort. We also had first timers with us and they are already contemplating a return trip next year. Thanks to all for helping me get them hooked like we are!
Here are a few thoughts:
-requested Samoa, but both of us got first-floor Rarotonga. LOVED it. It was soooo convenient to the bus stop and the GCH. Our room overlooked the Oasis pool and grill.
-transportation was top-notch. The most we waited for a bus was 4 minutes. Not exaggerating!
-loved the pools, especially the Oasis pool. For those wondering, they do not kick you out or lock the gates at 11 pm. We swam 5 out of our 6 nights there until after midnight.
- food at CC was great. A little bit of a wait sometimes but enjoyed several items there.
-room was huge and clean. Room was always cleaned on time.
-Trader Sam's and Tambu Lounge had awesome drinks!
We had an awesome time and I hope we get to return very soon!!

Thanks for your review, glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly. Hope you are able to start planning your next trip soon :).

We will be going to the Poly for a short stay for the first time next April, and I have enjoyed reading all of your comments and thoughts! When it gets closer to our time, I may have questions, but for now, I feel everything I need to know is right here! Thanks!

We fly to MCO early Sat. morning. I'm hoping for the best given there are some weather patterns to be concerned with down there. I expected extreme heat and afternoon storms but I'm hoping for no hurricanes or complete washouts. I requested a ground floor. I'm wondering if I should change that. Is flooding an issue at the Poly?

Quick question. Has anyone ever requested a room upgrade once at check-in. I booked the Poly through a travel agent for a great deal but only standard rooms were available in the deal. I requested Fiji building facing the Marina but wondering, if I don't get it, can I ask to be upgraded to a lagoon view? If so how much more do you think it will cost per night. It is our wedding anniversary and really want the romantic view.

Will be at the Poly in 10 days! Can't wait!:cool1:

We will be going to the Poly for a short stay for the first time next April, and I have enjoyed reading all of your comments and thoughts! When it gets closer to our time, I may have questions, but for now, I feel everything I need to know is right here! Thanks!

You will love the Poly! Feel free to ask questions any time as everyone here is very friendly and always willing to help :flower3:.

We fly to MCO early Sat. morning. I'm hoping for the best given there are some weather patterns to be concerned with down there. I expected extreme heat and afternoon storms but I'm hoping for no hurricanes or complete washouts. I requested a ground floor. I'm wondering if I should change that. Is flooding an issue at the Poly?

How exciting.....just 2 more days :yay:.

As far as flooding, that can happen anywhere, but I have never heard of there being any issues at the Poly (or any other Disney resort). Hope you have a great time :).

Quick question. Has anyone ever requested a room upgrade once at check-in. I booked the Poly through a travel agent for a great deal but only standard rooms were available in the deal. I requested Fiji building facing the Marina but wondering, if I don't get it, can I ask to be upgraded to a lagoon view? If so how much more do you think it will cost per night. It is our wedding anniversary and really want the romantic view.

Will be at the Poly in 10 days! Can't wait!:cool1:

I don't know for sure as we've never inquired about an upgrade at check in, but I think you would be quoted the difference at rack rate. Hopefully others will be able to verify that or correct me if I'm wrong. Hope you have a great anniversary trip :wizard:.

Does anyone know if the tik itorches are working and stay on all night throughout the resort including around the pools?

Thanks for posting this picture.
This is exactly what I've had in previous DVC rooms. Does anyone know if you can buy these basket type filters in a regular grocery store?

Here is a picture of the Proctor Silex(?) model in Pago Pago--tough to tell from this picture and if you have personal knowledge, I bow to it, but this looks like a basket brew to me? I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm either way. :thumbsup2 I know BCV and BWV have basket filter types. . .then again, those are Mr. Coffee. :confused3

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_23763.jpg

Thanks for posting this picture.
This is exactly what I've had in previous DVC rooms. Does anyone know if you can buy these basket type filters in a regular grocery store?

Absolutely, the basket type are the most common at most grocers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter