Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are about to go, so just curious about Fiji. Can you see the Electrical water pageant from all the third floor rooms? This is our first visit ever to Disney and we have two younger kids. Is the Samoa longhouse still better since we plan to take pool breaks every day of our trip? Thanks for your advice!

No, you can't see the EWP from all the 3rd floor rooms.

On the marina side of Fiji the 3rd floor room numbers are 3311-3322.
3311 is the last room down the hall from the elevator
3322 is the first room and is close to the elevator (3321 was right across from the elevator)

We were in 3312 this year so we were way at the end of the hall. We could not see the lagoon at all from our balcony since there was a tree blocking our view. In previous years we've been in rooms that are not so far down the hall and have had a better (side) view of the lagoon. I would think if you had a room closer to the elevator you might be able to see the EWP from your balcony.

I'm not going to stress about room views, we arrive on a Wednesday, so not sure room availability will be that good. I will select Fiji and we want a marina view, would that then be pool view on the selection list? I don't care which floor to be honest. :)

Don't let me change my mind or start to stress when my trip gets closer please. :p

Been reading thru this long thread for awhile, but have a quick question. I have one night booked at Poly in late October, before moving to 6 nights elsewhere on property.

We have theme park view, isn't the best view 3rd floor Tuvalu? 2nd floor has no balcony? Not too worried about the distance to TTC, etc, because it is only one night, and we arrive early in the morning. I think we will mostly enjoy the resort, not go to the parks at all, except perhaps for a couple of hours.

I expect we will watch fireworks on the beach that evening. So excited to get one night at the lovely Poly.

You know not having balconies on the 2nd floors is odd and makes it harder to make a room request. Why in the world do they not have balconies on the second floors?

First time posting on this board. Thank you for all of the great info! I check in on Thursday, so excited!!!! Silly question, but, can anyone tell me the mug situation? I like handles, and since I usually the food fetcher, I like how I can grab everyone's drink and not balance a tray. TIA :)

Hello all!
We're sitting at MCO waiting for our flight home and reminiscing about this wonderful trip. We started our stay at the Poly and really enjoyed the resort itself for our first visit! Out room (3rd floor Aotearoa) was huge, the ac was awesome and it was so peaceful! I love the GCH and we loved Trader Sam's, both outside and inside. I especially loved listening to the live singer outside by the waterfall. It was so peaceful, and dare I say it...magic? The pools were OK by us, but we've stayed so many times at BC/YC, that we kept asking, "Where's the rest of it?" We much preferred the Oasis pool to the main pool. Our only issue with the Poly came with Transportation, with us waiting just shy of an hour for a bus back to Poly after Star Wars fireworks at DHS. Seeing as other resort lines seemed to be moving along, and much shorter, we were pretty frustrated.
All in all, the Poly was a lovely resort, and I'd recommend it to anyone. That said, about 1/2 way through our short stay, we were longing for our Epcot Resort Loop. We felt as if those 3 resorts have more to offer what we're looking for in a Disney vacation, and we find the staffs there more accommodating. Our check in at Poly was fine, pleasant, but not special. Our 10th anniversary was not at all acknowledged at Poly, whereas BC was all over it. For the record, we weren't fishing for anything tangible, just he words "Happy Anniversary," would have sufficed.
We'd stay here again for a night or 2, but our hearts our with BC/BWI/YC. Thanks to any and all who answered questions here over the past few months!

First time posting on this board. Thank you for all of the great info! I check in on Thursday, so excited!!!! Silly question, but, can anyone tell me the mug situation? I like handles, and since I usually the food fetcher, I like how I can grab everyone's drink and not balance a tray. TIA :)
No handled mugs that I could see. But they did have fast food drink trays for carrying the mugs available at Captain Cooks.

We just got back on Saturday and they had both. My husband bought one with handles the first night (only had red mugs with handles), next day we bought purple and green mugs with no handles. I think it just depends on what they have to put out that day. Those were the only 3 choices they had during our 4 night stay (that we saw anyway).

Apparently, rumour is, they are bringing handled mugs back because people were unhappy...

In your opinion,is club level worth it? We have a short 4 night stay coming up in Sept. I wanted TPV but only Lagoon view was available when I booked so I keep checking back. TPV club level is now available. We spend most of our time at the parks but our kids are 1 and 4 so we do plan a fair amount of resort time as well, wishes from the poly, pool in the afternoon etc. It would add about 500 to our stay. The food offerings don't seem worth it but we may save a ton on drinks. We usually take longer trips so if we were going to try it out now would be a good time.

In your opinion,is club level worth it? We have a short 4 night stay coming up in Sept. I wanted TPV but only Lagoon view was available when I booked so I keep checking back. TPV club level is now available. We spend most of our time at the parks but our kids are 1 and 4 so we do plan a fair amount of resort time as well, wishes from the poly, pool in the afternoon etc. It would add about 500 to our stay. The food offerings don't seem worth it but we may save a ton on drinks. We usually take longer trips so if we were going to try it out now would be a good time.
Generally, if you're hoping for value from the food and drinks, it's hard to get $500 "worth" from either without needing an intervention (drinks) or just trying to treat the lounge as every meal (which is not really recommended). Club Level works if you want to use the lounge to chill and the extra cost doesn't bug you from a luxury standpoint, rather than a "food for $ value" standpoint.

Worth is subjective. Club Level is not going to be worth it for most if they view the differential as "food." In your case, the TPV is part of the difference as well.

We arrive on Saturday and requested ground floor Rarotonga and I'm hoping for a monorail view. Glad to hear you like it!

Hope your requests are met! Have a great trip :yay:.

This is making me wonder what to request. It looks like they tried to meet your requests by the order you listed the since you got everything but the pool view. We would like a Samoa balcony with a good view. Maybe we should request Samoa pool view? Then we would probably get 2nd floor with no balcony :crazy2:

You should list requests in the order of preference as that tells the room assigner what's most important to you. If Samoa is most important, with balcony and lava pool view following in priority, I'd list it as "Samoa, 3rd floor, Lava pool view". If a balcony is most important, I'd list "3rd floor balcony, Samoa, Lava pool view". Good luck :).

Flight delayed... so I thought I would write about our fantastic stay!

Just checked out of the Poly yesterday after a three night stay. Requested 3rd floor Somoa facing lava pool and got second floor lava. We were thrilled. View was amazing!

Oasis is my new favorite pool! Relaxing with the water feature sounding in the background. Families together having fun with everyone being respectful of all. Resident ducks swam and one territorial. People still feeding them. Was told they will bite and have done so.

Lava pool was fun as well. Lots of families and children of all ages having a blast on the slide.

Ate at Ohanas both breakfast and dinner, CC, and the Kona. Enjoyed it all.

While there the CMs went above and beyond for us. I wanted a particular discontinued Pandora charm that was only at the Pandora store in DS. I thought I could still get it at MK. They got a runner to go and collect it for me. Wow! They booked my Alamo shuttle pick up for me. Because it was my birthday, I got a beautiful real lei made out of mini carnations. I did wear my birthday pin and everywhere I went CM after CM said Happy Birthday! Lots of fun!

Beach looks great! Rocks are piled with the rope netting tacked under sand so everything stays where it should.

It is hard for me to imagine staying anywhere else. It feels like our second home. The kids feel comfortable and are old
enough to go around.

It is always hard to leave, but when you have another trip in 10 months planned and booked, it makes it a little easier.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed the Poly! We have loved all the resorts we've tried, but the Poly will always be our favorite :goodvibes.

Regarding the Oasis cabanas--personally, I'm thrilled you don't have to pay to reserve them. I'm sitting in the middle one right now. To get one, come down shortly after the pool opens at 7am. Today, the two sides were open all at 7:50, and one is still open now at almost 8. It's been a truly relaxing hour by myself.

They also open up around 4-5pm, I've gotten one more than once around that time. Of course, it helps that we are third floor Samoa, so I just can look out our balcony to see if they are open.

They also have Mickey bars at the oasis pool for the person wondering about snacks. And, the soda/coffee station at the pool is SO convenient.

Thanks for the info on the cabanas. Hope you are having a great time :wizard:.

Been reading thru this long thread for awhile, but have a quick question. I have one night booked at Poly in late October, before moving to 6 nights elsewhere on property.

We have theme park view, isn't the best view 3rd floor Tuvalu? 2nd floor has no balcony? Not too worried about the distance to TTC, etc, because it is only one night, and we arrive early in the morning. I think we will mostly enjoy the resort, not go to the parks at all, except perhaps for a couple of hours.

I expect we will watch fireworks on the beach that evening. So excited to get one night at the lovely Poly.

I can't answer as we've never stayed TPV, but hopefully others will be able to help. Have a great trip! :wizard:

First time posting on this board. Thank you for all of the great info! I check in on Thursday, so excited!!!!

Have a great time! :banana::banana:

I can't speak specifically about Poly CL as we haven't tried CL there yet, but we have stayed CL at other resorts and find the extra cost worth it for us. We don't stay CL every trip, but when we do, it's more for the lounge and having another place to sit and relax instead of in the room or around the resort. With that said, a huge perk of Poly CL is the view from the lounge (which, that alone, would be worth it for me). If the extra cost is doable, I'd go with CL. Good luck :).

Generally, if you're hoping for value from the food and drinks, it's hard to get $500 "worth" from either without needing an intervention (drinks) or just trying to treat the lounge as every meal (which is not really recommended). Club Level works if you want to use the lounge to chill and the extra cost doesn't bug you from a luxury standpoint, rather than a "food for $ value" standpoint.

Worth is subjective. Club Level is not going to be worth it for most if they view the differential as "food." In your case, the TPV is part of the difference as well.
Thanks! I should have said beverages rather than drinks lol. We don't get to have "drinks" much with 2 kids along on vacation. I am basing "worth it" solely on the view and the location of the Hawaii building near the pool.

18 days!!

Does anyone have pics of the standard view studios room views? While we are planning a lot of resort time, I imagine very little will be in our rooms. The ONLY thing that matters to us is the adjoining room request we made through member services. Are there really any bad views? Wouldn't mind parking lot, if we're also looking at monorail.

Great advice from @_auroraborealis_ above, I would have said something very similar. Again, worth is very subjective, but we really enjoy it for the views, convenience to both pools, you know what you're getting in terms of longhouse/view, the convenience of the lounge - especially when little ones are napping. Depending on your kids bedtime a TPVor LV room can be really nice because the adults can watch Wishes/electrical pageant while kids sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter