Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all! One more quick question - hubby is insisting that poolside at contemporary is only resort to allow use of snack credits. First are there any poolside snack stands at the poly and if not what is the closest and how far from the pool is it? We usually go deluxe dining so we always have tons of snack credits to use and both hubs and DD like to use them at the pool

Thank you all! One more quick question - hubby is insisting that poolside at contemporary is only resort to allow use of snack credits. First are there any poolside snack stands at the poly and if not what is the closest and how far from the pool is it? We usually go deluxe dining so we always have tons of snack credits to use and both hubs and DD like to use them at the pool
There is only one snack on menu at the Oasis, and the pool bar at Poly doesn't have any snacking food, just smoothies. You have to go into Captain Cook's for other snack credit use, but it's a very brief walk.

It's not so much that only CR allow use of snack credits; most pool bars just don't offer much to use them on.

I'm starting to panic a little! We arrive in 3 days for our stay. I had our travel agent put in a request for 3rd floor Fiji or Samoa. We had friends arrive at the Poly yesterday, and they got assigned 1st floor Aotearoa and hated the view so they were moved. Another friend checked in tonight and had requested a full balcony room (same travel agent) close to transportation and was assigned to Rarotonga 2nd floor and might be able to move tomorrow. She is disappointed in her room/view as well. ETA: She asked to be moved and is being moved tomorrow to a patio 1st floor room tomorrow.

I didn't check in online and am now wondering if I should. I could have done to TP fax and I didn't do it either thinking my travel agents notes were enough. Is it too late at this point? Am I worrying for nothing? Is the resort that packed that no one can switch?

Last edited:
I'm starting to panic a little! We arrive in 3 days for our stay. I had our travel agent put in a request for 3rd floor Fiji or Samoa. We had friends arrive at the Poly yesterday, and they got assigned 1st floor Aotearoa and hated the view so they were moved. Another friend checked in tonight and had requested a full balcony room (same travel agent) close to transportation and was assigned to Rarotonga 2nd floor and might be able to move tomorrow.

I didn't check in online and am now wondering if I should. I could have done to TP fax and I didn't do it either thinking my travel agents notes were enough. Is it too late at this point? Am I worrying for nothing? Is the resort that packed that no one can switch?

Hi there,

Checking in online would be the best bet if you are a little concerned. While Hawaii has the best views, concierge level, Fiji & Samoa are excellent views on either side. You should be eagerly excited for this amazing vacation at such a gorgeous resort. As I always say, the views nice... but it's not that important. While it may be important for your family, that's understandable. Transportation doesn't really effect the room decision with the bus/monorail being in front of the Great Ceremonial House. You shouldn't be panicking at this time, you should be getting extremely excited!

Enjoy your trip!

There is only one snack on menu at the Oasis, and the pool bar at Poly doesn't have any snacking food, just smoothies. You have to go into Captain Cook's for other snack credit use, but it's a very brief walk.

It's not so much that only CR allow use of snack credits; most pool bars just don't offer much to use them on.

Hello! Do you happen to know any of the snacks offered at CCs? I am wondering if they offer anything beyond just desserts for a snack credit here (fries, nachos, soups, salad, etc)! THanks!!

The main pool has the Barefoot Pool Bar which I'm almost certain is drinks only. It should be noted that Cap't Cooks - Poly's quick service restaurant - is only steps away from the main pool. The new Oasis Pool has the Oasis Bar & Grill which has beverages and food. Here's a pic of the menu from late July, appears to have very limited DDP options - a dessert and drinks.

image.jpeg

Hi there,

Checking in online would be the best bet if you are a little concerned. While Hawaii has the best views, concierge level, Fiji & Samoa are excellent views on either side. You should be eagerly excited for this amazing vacation at such a gorgeous resort. As I always say, the views nice... but it's not that important. While it may be important for your family, that's understandable. Transportation doesn't really effect the room decision with the bus/monorail being in front of the Great Ceremonial House. You shouldn't be panicking at this time, you should be getting extremely excited!

Enjoy your trip!
We checked in yesterday. I requested Samoa or Rarotonga 1st or 3rd floor, pool view. We got 1st floor Rarotonga monorail view. We really like it. We are literally steps from the GCH, bus/monorail and pools.

we loved tuvalu - we had a third floor room and it was almost like being on a boat. you don't see anything in front of you but water and a far off magical kingdom. =)

CiledDLUoAEWSuj.jpg:large

What a beautiful view! :cloud9:

We checked out yesterday so I feel your pain!

Hope you had a great time! It's time to start planning the next trip (if you haven't already ;)).

As others have mentioned, Captain Cooks has a variety of snack options, which as GADisneyDad14 posted, is just steps from the Lava pool :).

I'm starting to panic a little! We arrive in 3 days for our stay. I had our travel agent put in a request for 3rd floor Fiji or Samoa. We had friends arrive at the Poly yesterday, and they got assigned 1st floor Aotearoa and hated the view so they were moved. Another friend checked in tonight and had requested a full balcony room (same travel agent) close to transportation and was assigned to Rarotonga 2nd floor and might be able to move tomorrow. She is disappointed in her room/view as well. ETA: She asked to be moved and is being moved tomorrow to a patio 1st floor room tomorrow.

Try not to worry. If you don't get any of your requests met, you could always ask if something else is available. It's not guaranteed the CM will be able to change your room/location, but they will do everything they can to accommodate you. With that said, I agree with the pp that anywhere at the Poly is amazing so if you don't get the longhouse/view you want, I hope you still have a great trip and enjoy the Poly :goodvibes.

We checked in yesterday. I requested Samoa or Rarotonga 1st or 3rd floor, pool view. We got 1st floor Rarotonga monorail view. We really like it. We are literally steps from the GCH, bus/monorail and pools.

Glad you like your room/view! Have a great time :wizard:.

Yes. Our reservation included a request for #1-3rd floor with balcony and #2-Fiji. Then four days before we left I faxed a request in to the Polynesian that I would like a third floor with balcony. And I would like Fiji Marina side or Samoa Oasis poolside.

I had done online check in too. Selected 3rd floor and Fiji.
We are about to go, so just curious about Fiji. Can you see the Electrical water pageant from all the third floor rooms? This is our first visit ever to Disney and we have two younger kids. Is the Samoa longhouse still better since we plan to take pool breaks every day of our trip? Thanks for your advice!

We arrive on Saturday and requested ground floor Rarotonga and I'm hoping for a monorail view. Glad to hear you like it!

How did you make so many different requests?

This is making me wonder what to request. It looks like they tried to meet your requests by the order you listed the since you got everything but the pool view. We would like a Samoa balcony with a good view. Maybe we should request Samoa pool view? Then we would probably get 2nd floor with no balcony :crazy2:

Flight delayed... so I thought I would write about our fantastic stay!

Just checked out of the Poly yesterday after a three night stay. Requested 3rd floor Somoa facing lava pool and got second floor lava. We were thrilled. View was amazing!

Oasis is my new favorite pool! Relaxing with the water feature sounding in the background. Families together having fun with everyone being respectful of all. Resident ducks swam and one territorial. People still feeding them. Was told they will bite and have done so.

Lava pool was fun as well. Lots of families and children of all ages having a blast on the slide.

Ate at Ohanas both breakfast and dinner, CC, and the Kona. Enjoyed it all.

While there the CMs went above and beyond for us. I wanted a particular discontinued Pandora charm that was only at the Pandora store in DS. I thought I could still get it at MK. They got a runner to go and collect it for me. Wow! They booked my Alamo shuttle pick up for me. Because it was my birthday, I got a beautiful real lei made out of mini carnations. I did wear my birthday pin and everywhere I went CM after CM said Happy Birthday! Lots of fun!

Beach looks great! Rocks are piled with the rope netting tacked under sand so everything stays where it should.

It is hard for me to imagine staying anywhere else. It feels like our second home. The kids feel comfortable and are old
enough to go around.

It is always hard to leave, but when you have another trip in 10 months planned and booked, it makes it a little easier.

Regarding the Oasis cabanas--personally, I'm thrilled you don't have to pay to reserve them. I'm sitting in the middle one right now. To get one, come down shortly after the pool opens at 7am. Today, the two sides were open all at 7:50, and one is still open now at almost 8. It's been a truly relaxing hour by myself.

They also open up around 4-5pm, I've gotten one more than once around that time. Of course, it helps that we are third floor Samoa, so I just can look out our balcony to see if they are open.

They also have Mickey bars at the oasis pool for the person wondering about snacks. And, the soda/coffee station at the pool is SO convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter