Disney's POLYNESIAN VILLAGE RESORT Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the Poly ever offer a greater discount than 15%? The week I am going next year is usually when they offer a discount code but for some reason it seems the Poly is discounted less than other Deluxes.

Seems that the recently released discounts are lower than usual...we have seen discounts as high as 35% ( up to 40..in days of old...like around 20010/2011)...and those recent lower ones...not sure if this is the wave of future discounts...I sure hope not....as MickeyNut pointed out...some times the percentage varies depending on the resort occupancy....I think that the AP discount over this summer has been 30% at the Poly...

You will love this room so much. This was our room last year and the view is awesome. So much to look at! The back of the pool, people walking, the marina, the water parade, even a side view of Space Mountain! Hope you made it in okay and are all settled. We are a couple of doors down :) this view never gets old!

We're still driving. I'm just beside myself with excitement! Just got to the Florida border. Less than three hours!
Woohoo!!! :cheer2: If you see me at my room door, please say hello. :wave: If not, we'll probably obliviously stand next to each other in the pool or lobby this week. :rotfl:

Seems that the recently released discounts are lower than usual...we have seen discounts as high as 35% ( up to 40..in days of old...like around 20010/2011)...and those recent lower ones...not sure if this is the wave of future discounts...I sure hope not....as MickeyNut pointed out...some times the percentage varies depending on the resort occupancy....I think that the AP discount over this summer has been 30% at the Poly...

The AP rate for a standard studio in July was 315 plus tax it was a great rate for sure and we took advantage to stay an extra night.

We're still driving. I'm just beside myself with excitement! Just got to the Florida border. Less than three hours!
Woohoo!!! :cheer2: If you see me at my room door, please say hello. :wave: If not, we'll probably obliviously stand next to each other in the pool or lobby this week. :rotfl:
I will look for you as we walk past! Drive safely, I believe we are in the middle of one of those fun Florida afternoon thunderstorms. Curtains are drawn for nap time but DS and DD are so not interested. I believe this will be the last trip for naps!
I'm excited for you, we check out on Saturday and I'm already starting to get depressed. AND trying to remember all of the last minute things I really wanted to make sure we didn't miss out on.

Hoping somebody can help a Brit out with a little pre-Poly grocery shopping :)
We are going to drive to a Publix/Walmart or something similar on our way back from Port Canaveral to get supplies before checking in to our studio at the Poly
I want to buy some coffee and remember from previous DVC stays that the in-room coffee machine uses a coffee filled bag that fits right into the basket
Do they sell this kind of bag in the grocery stores (sorry if this is a totally stupid question!) or do I need to buy ground coffee and filters and if so, do they come in different sizes?
If anyone wants advice on UK grocery shopping I'm happy to help ;)

Hoping somebody can help a Brit out with a little pre-Poly grocery shopping :)
We are going to drive to a Publix/Walmart or something similar on our way back from Port Canaveral to get supplies before checking in to our studio at the Poly
I want to buy some coffee and remember from previous DVC stays that the in-room coffee machine uses a coffee filled bag that fits right into the basket
Do they sell this kind of bag in the grocery stores (sorry if this is a totally stupid question!) or do I need to buy ground coffee and filters and if so, do they come in different sizes?
If anyone wants advice on UK grocery shopping I'm happy to help ;)

You will need ground coffee and filters for the coffee pots in the DVC rooms. I believe the coffee pots in DVC at the Polynesian are 12 cup pots. You would then need filters for a 10-12 cup coffeemaker. Hope that helps with your shopping needs. :)

We'll be there...3rd floor, Fiji, marina view, tomorrow! Got adjoining rooms to my brother's room. (He's already there and checked on our room.) Eeeeeeekkkkk!!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Hope you're having a great time. Whats the noise from the show like? Can you hear it much from your room?

Thanks for the info!
Whenever I've stayed in a DVC Studio before they've always had the little bags that you place in the basket. Good to know that the Poly has the full sized coffee makers

You will need ground coffee and filters for the coffee pots in the DVC rooms. I believe the coffee pots in DVC at the Polynesian are 12 cup pots. You would then need filters for a 10-12 cup coffeemaker. Hope that helps with your shopping needs. :)

And from the pictures I've seen, you'll need the CONE #4 style filters... Not basket or CONE #2.

Does the Poly ever offer a greater discount than 15%? The week I am going next year is usually when they offer a discount code but for some reason it seems the Poly is discounted less than other Deluxes.
My discount this summer was 8%. Discounts are based on supply and demand. Generally, the fuller the resort, the less the discount. A lot of people put off staying at the Poly the past couple of years due to construction. Now that it is nearly done, people are coming back.

Thanks for the info!
Whenever I've stayed in a DVC Studio before they've always had the little bags that you place in the basket. Good to know that the Poly has the full sized coffee makers

And from the pictures I've seen, you'll need the CONE #4 style filters... Not basket or CONE #2.

Here is a picture of the Proctor Silex(?) model in Pago Pago--tough to tell from this picture and if you have personal knowledge, I bow to it, but this looks like a basket brew to me? I'm sure someone will be along shortly to confirm either way. :thumbsup2 I know BCV and BWV have basket filter types. . .then again, those are Mr. Coffee. :confused3

The-Villas-at-Disneys-Polynesian-Resort_Full_23763.jpg

I'm sitting by the quiet pool right now. It opens at 7 am. It's very peaceful. :goodvibes

OK, on the 1st page, it says that the quiet pool is being refurbished and the opening is undetermined, just wasn't sure if it was finished yet.

Last edited:
I did. But I snuck a second request in there in my Touring Plans fax notes. My brother arrived a few days ago. I imagine if we both couldn't be put together in Samoa, they assigned us adjoining rooms in Fiji. I'm happy happy happy with Fiji, as I had deliberated long and hard about which one I wanted to be in. I am not the least bit disappointed! :flower1:

You will love Fiji! That would be my second choice if I couldn't get Samoa. Have fun!

Any suggestions longhouses for theme park view? From the touring plan site it looks like our only options are Tuvalu and Aotearoa. But from the way Aotearoa is situated it doesn't look like there is too much of a theme park view...what's the best call here?

Now I'm super confused, because the info part in the beginning of this thread lists Hawaii as theme park view as well, but TP does not include that longhouse as TPV eligible.

Now I'm super confused, because the info part in the beginning of this thread lists Hawaii as theme park view as well, but TP does not include that longhouse as TPV eligible.

Hawaii does have theme park views on one side, but it's a Club Level building. That's probably why it's not flagged on TP.

Don't feel bad though, Poly does take a little bit of studying/experiencing to understand the small nuances of each longhouse!

Hawaii does have theme park views on one side, but it's a Club Level building. That's probably why it's not flagged on TP.

Don't feel bad though, Poly does take a little bit of studying/experiencing to understand the small nuances of each longhouse!

Ah, that makes sense! Thank you :)

Hope you get the room you were supposed to, or someone else will get the present we slipped under the door for you. :) We were handed that pixie dust on our way out of Magic Kingdom tonight and we don't need it, so we thought we'd pass it along. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter