Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort - 2014 Roll Call!!!

I'm so excited we can finally join in. Just booked our annual Thanksgiving week trip, 11/23-11/28. Hopefully, at 7 months we can add a few more days, but for now that's all the HHI points we have to book at 11 months.

Second trip to one of our home resorts will be Aug 2014. It is booked...5 nights in a 2BR...but is up in the air since we just got back from a rather miserable WDW trip (miserable due to family drama and one of the culprits was my DS-17 who no longer likes to vacation with us and now we aren't sure what to do about the HHI trip).

Second trip to one of our home resorts will be Aug 2014. It is booked...5 nights in a 2BR...but is up in the air since we just got back from a rather miserable WDW (miserable due to family drama and one of the culprits was my DS-17 who no longer likes to vacation with us and now we aren't sure what to do about the HHI trip).

As our family dynamics are changing, extended family trips to WDW were cancelled for 2014!:worried: However, DH & I decided we would not cancel HHI. We really enjoy the resort and I asked DSis if she were interested if the others did cancel. She jumped on the chance to join us...we've asked our DS to let us know in May what they decide.

We too have a 17 yr old that is bored of HHI or Disney. (Life is tough!)
So we found the way to make it fun....GV and studio rented for a week in July. Friends coming big group all is calm and happy now!!! Lol

But this very well may be our last family trip as our oldest is 24. But she loves Disney....our 20 and 17 yr sons...well.
DH and I will be enjoying DVC for a long time!

We too have a 17 yr old that is bored of HHI or Disney. (Life is tough!)
So we found the way to make it fun....GV and studio rented for a week in July. Friends coming big group all is calm and happy now!!! Lol

But this very well may be our last family trip as our oldest is 24. But she loves Disney....our 20 and 17 yr sons...well.
DH and I will be enjoying DVC for a long time!

If it's any consolation, we have a 33 yo who got "bored" with Disney at 16, went through many years where he stayed home when we went there. College graduation present he asked for? A trip to WDW! And next year he's looking forward to us all going together. So boredom with Disney's probably a phase.

If we continue with the HH plans, we'll just leave DS at home with one of the Grandmas. We had initially booked at 2BR for DH, twin DDs and I...AND a studio for DS and a friend. We told him we'd drive 2 cars and pay all costs for the friend (and they'd have their own studio and a car to use in HH) if he would just not get any Ds or Es on any report card this year. Well...1st marking period report card the deal was shot. So, I cancelled the studio and used some of those points to add on a night to our recent Xmas trip at AKV.

We also had a cruise booked for NYs and cancelled that too. We did a 4 day cruise this past summer and he complained about how miserable it was for him (poor baby :rolleyes2). The NYs cruise was about $900 pp just for the cruise...$900 on DS who would say how horrible it is and complain and be grumpy the whole time...NOT!!!! Now we have to figure out vacation plans for 2014 and 2015...we had everything all figured out as we have been doing a biennial plan for several years now (get APs and do a couple short WDW trips adding to about 12 days in odd years and do DVC beach trip in even years...and 1 cruise every year that is usually 4-5 days but the NYs one was 7). We listed one of our contracts to sell...OKW. We figured we might be done with so much WDW (maybe DH and I could do F&W every other year). But one of my DDs-almost 15, who had been also complaining about going to WDW...well, now that we're saying we're done, she all of the sudden LOVES WDW and wants to go back soon. Other DD claims she's always liked WDW. And DH is now saying he has no interest in WDW anymore...sigh!!! Maybe a girls only trip is in order this summer...scrapping HHI????? And scrapping the boys :thumbsup2.

Bought in this summer. First trip with 3 boys under 5 June 29-July 5 can't wait!!!

We are booked for a studio 6/22 to 6/29 and a 2 bedroom 6/22 to 7/2. Can't wait, this will be our 4th year going and the 2nd with bringing family with us.

June 26-July 1, studio. First time at Hilton Head, and got it at seven month window.

Glad to see the 2014 roll call thread well on its way. Although I started the 2013 roll call, it became challenging for me to maintain when I got a company Blackberry phone. No DISboards app! (I spend nearly all of my free time commuting to work.)

OP, will you be maintaining a list in the 1st post of when people are going?

We will be there July 2-9 in a 1BR.

We are going June 29 - July 4 2014! Two-Bedroom with the family. Can't wait!! We love Hilton Head it feels like a little Disney Community :) We have been at least 10 times, its REALLY like coming home. Last time we were there my (now) husband and I got engaged!!!

For the July 4th week crowd, we need something to identify DIS members while we are there

We'll be there March 15-20, and it will be our 5th visit. We have a 1-bedroom again this year, but we also have stayed in a studio and last year in a 2-bedroom when we took friends. The Saint Patrick's Day parade always is fantastic, and we love Hilton Head regardless of the weather. A March trip signals the end of winter to us.

We will be at HHI March 8 - 15. First visit. We are booked in 2 BR but waitlisted for 3BR (not much hope there!). It will be me, DH, DD, DSIL and DGD (17 months).

I have not done any background research yet - better get in planning mode here!

We will be staying in a 3 bedroom villa the week of Sept 16th.

We will be there March 15-22 in a 2bedroom. It will be myself, DH, DD 12,DS 12, DD 5, DS 5 and DD 5 months. Anyone else going to be there with kids.?

I know the beach will probably be cold but I was planning to do a dolphin tour one day, mini golf another day, maybe the nature museum another day, harbor town lighthouse. That's four days with room to relax a little. Any other things we shouldn't miss?

We will be staying in Savannah on the 14th so we will try to visit it before we head to HHI on the 15th. I'm worried it will be packed because of St. Patrick's Day. The 15th is DD and DS 12 th birthday

Here's a list of who I've got going when. DH is out golfing this morning, so I thought I'd take the time to do it-
2/20-24 lilwitch
3/8-15 slindamood
March 15-22 roysbrew
3/15-20 CoffeeCup
4/12-18 dcamily41801
April 18-21 TIMLEO007
4/26-May1 dvc_John
5/9-13 elleinad16
May 13-17 minnieqt7
5/18-23 scMinnie
May 19-23 Nancy
May 30-June 6 1153rsmith
June 1-8 Cocosmeme
6/8-13 KristiMc
6/7-13 PoohsFan1
6/7-13 DVC SSR owner
6/8-15 aarcher86
6/21-28 Chelley00
6/22-July 2 Boomboom27
June 26-July 1 ellynsoh
June 29-July5 kgeary
July 3-12 BelleCPP
7/13-18 bakerworld
7/20-26 ProudMommyof2
Aug 14-20 cruznlexi
8/24-31 awilliams4
Sept 7 Wolfpakfan
Nov 23-28 Simba's Mom

No promises that I got everything correct. If not, I'll try to check in in a few days/weeks to update, but no promises-I'm a tax preparer and tax season's looming!

Yesterday we booked our end of summer trip to HHI!! A 1-bdr, 18-23 August (booked right at the 7-month window). It will be four of us. Myself, DW, DD(10) and one of her friends (we haven't asked any yet). It looks like we have a slight overlap with fellow DISer Cruznlexi. I'm looking forward to some beach days, campfire nights, Savannah, biking, and maybe golf (if I improve my game between now and then.

Mickey Fan we did the Kayak tour and it was great fun everyone is talking about doing it again. Camp fire is one of my favorite things. This time we do plan to go to Sav. Ask pool guy mike for other fun things to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter