Disney's Club Level (CL) Information & Questions

It’s ok... the Poly beer fridge is just so darn tempting...

And my kids seemed to think we were in DHS this morning for gift shops. And that alone. So i needed a drink or two. We did tsmm at rope drop and they complained about doing it again via FP because they wanted to shop. Kids... but they loved the second ride, of course.

I’m super excited about our upcoming stays. 11 days until AKL CL (4 nights), then 29 days until a split stay 8 night trip. Copper Creek for 2 nights and then 6 nights at the Poly CL. Cannot wait. (Then my AP will be expired and I won’t get as many trips.) So so excited. I worry a little about the view from our room at AKL because we do want to be close to the lounge but I’ll just take what we get. :)

BTW, @anomamatt, since we have an on-the-spot reporter.... what’s the latest selection of beer at Poly? Last time I was there it was:

Kona Longboard
Kona Hanalei IPA (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)
Bud Light
Angry Orchard

Thanks!

Thanks for answering my questions! I’m sure the view from the lounge overlooking the lobby is going to be amazing and we can’t wait to go!
Happy anniversary! Hope the trip is amazing.

I’d share a picture of the lobby from the lounge, but I have no idea how to post a picture.

Hello, I am planning a trip to Disney for September 7, 2018. We are trying to decide between Poly CL or GF CL (main building). We last stayed at GF CL (outside building). We are going with our kids who will be 6 and 5. Which option would you chose? We are leaning towards Poly because we stayed at the GF last time but do not want to be disappointed. Thanks!

That is our dilemma for many a trip! LOL! We just recently decided to go with RPC, but the Poly keeps calling to me.....

I love the view from the Poly lounge, the relaxed atmosphere and the feeling that I am 'home' when I stay there.

AT the GF, we like the convenience of staying under one roof with restaurants and monorail transportation and we love sitting in the lounge enjoying the live music from below. I also enjoy the afternoon tea with warm scones. Mmmm!

That's a tough one for my family. There are things we really like about both. We love the relaxing feel of the Poly, the whole tropical theme, and the views from the Hawaii building. But we also really love the quiet, more elegant atmosphere at the GF, especially when we get to stay in the main building. Personally I think the splash pad at the GF is very cool, and I think the pools are somewhat equal. We prefer the food at the GF, but I know others prefer it at the Poly. Guess I'm not being too helpful here, but I don't think you can really go wrong. I'd be happy to stay at either one. They have really different vibes, though, and we sometimes use that to help us choose between them.

Agreed!!

I'm going to agree completely with @mmmears post above. She captured it all!

Although given your date (9/7) and the fact that 1) it's still very hot then, and 2) F&W will (probably) be going on, I'd probably lean towards Poly CL. The tropical vibe, the pools, and walk-ability to the TTC to get to Epcot give it a slight advantage in my mind. You'll probably also overlap with a MNSSHP party or two, and the view of that fireworks show from Poly is great if you happen to be around the resort. (ETA: Not that the fireworks view from GF is bad, it’s great too, I just like Poly a bit better)

Not sure what kind of room/view category you are considering between the two, but I suspect Poly CL will be a bit cheaper than RPC (if that factors into the equation anywhere in your thinking).

Ultimately I could do either and be totally content in the decision.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. Happy planning!

Exactly!

We haven't stayed CL at the Poly so I can't comment from experience, but based on what I read about it, I agree with mmmears and GADisneyDad that you really can't go wrong with either one. The Poly is our favorite resort overall as we love the tropical/laid back atmosphere, but the GF is also beautiful with a nice/relaxing vibe (especially in RPC). With that said, since you've stayed at the GF, it might be nice to try the Poly for something new. Whichever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time :goodvibes.

Good points!!!

4. A few downsides I would say is the set-up of the club lounge and the food offerings is a bit underwhelming and in that regard, I much preferred the Poly. For example the cereals and milk were in odd containers and carafes that made it difficult for daughter to get her own bowl of cereal and milk. You had to ask for the beer, none was left in refrigerator even during lunch/snack/evening hours. Don't get me wrong, there was always a CM not far away to ask for one, but if you wanted to just go to the lounge and grab one, you couldn't, and same for the beer bottle opener.

So that's my take of our Christmas trip. While it was fun and daughter handled it very well considering the high crowds, I think we're one and done during the Christmas Holidays for awhile and will anxiously await November 2018 for our next trip. Happy Holidays and New Years to all! :)

Thank you soooo much for the review! This helped me to decide November 2018 for our CR CL stay next year. Hopefully the elevator waits won’t be bad then. Also, did the food seem any different considering it was the holidays or just the usual?

Save some beer for me!!!! :rotfl:

:rotfl2: @anomamatt might, but I can’t guarantee that my husband will! ;)

BTW, @anomamatt, since we have an on-the-spot reporter.... what’s the latest selection of beer at Poly? Last time I was there it was:

Kona Longboard
Kona Hanalei IPA (please say yes, please say yes, please say yes)
Bud Light
Angry Orchard

Thanks!

That’s the exact selection we’ve seen this week. They ran short on Longboard yesterday - and actually did a bad job about keeping anything stocked in the fridge other than Angry Orchard - but they’ve had everything well stocked today!

Edited to add: Last night they added two - Heineken and Ridgeback Ale. I didn’t ask, but I think these are a temporary addition to keep the fridge stocked.

Last edited:
I’m doing club level at Yacht Club in March. Do they still give you strawberry champagne when you check in? Anything else I should know or ask for or do?

I’m super excited about our upcoming stays. 11 days until AKL CL (4 nights), then 29 days until a split stay 8 night trip. Copper Creek for 2 nights and then 6 nights at the Poly CL. Cannot wait. (Then my AP will be expired and I won’t get as many trips.) So so excited. I worry a little about the view from our room at AKL because we do want to be close to the lounge but I’ll just take what we get. :)
So exciting! Have a great trip!

Boo on the APs. Ours don’t expire until September and I’m already bummed. I’d love to have October and December trips booked.

We've just returned from our Christmas stay at the BWI. The CMs were wonderful as usual and the hotel itself was fabulous. We received far more toiletries than during our summer trip at SL - foot gel, solar relief gel etc. For the first time we didn't receive a welcome gift. The downside however was the limited food choices in the lounge. Yes, the chef is present every evening and cooks some fabulous offerings but the other options are very limited. Each evening the choice was either cheese foundue or clam chowder, usually a tray of some sort of potato and a tray of cheeses. There was no selection for children. During afternoon snacks they did have a sandwich and this was also present during the 5-7pm offerings. We only made desserts a couple of times but were disappointed to see the small chocolate muffins and chocolate pastries which had been present at breakfast on the dessert platters. We also found breakfast to be slightly disappointing, no ham/turkey as at the other resorts - cereal is now on request only.
Our trip was fabulous as the BWI is one of our favourite resorts but I think we'll return to the CR for next Christmas. We did book a bounceback for summer however we wanted to return to SL but there are no reservations available for the whole of June, July or August. CMs were unsure as to why - maybe a refurbishment?

Hmm. I’m not sure. There are robes in the closet but I didn’t look for slippers. We are headed back in an hour or so and will report back. Having a great time in MK today.
Awesome thanks!:thumbsup2
Glad you’re having a great time! I bet today is a great day to be at MK!!

I read that for tips for CL staff -
They prefer food items from where you’re from.
I was going to bring some pralines (I’m from NOLA) - do you think a half dozen each day of our stay is appropriate?

Also, should i do online check-in? Or wait until we get to the resort?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter