• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Ok, we are there the 19th-24th and haven't received an email so I am guessing that we will escape the construction?

Ok, we are there the 19th-24th and haven't received an email so I am guessing that we will escape the construction?

We are there April 21-25 and also have not received an email. I would very much like to stay at CBR as it took us years to finally decide we would give this moderate a try, but I am not eating out of a tent on my Disney vacation.

sorry meant to quote above - if anyone has tried calling...

I have been on hold for 55 minutes, and chat is down.....

My travel agent called for me and this is part of her email response. Please note the word "yet."

"I just spoke with WDTC and they are not making any offers to move guests from Caribbean Beach during the construction. Yet. I don’t know if they will be making any offers, but it is not entirely out of the question. However, that doesn’t help you right now. I was told you could decide to move on your own and at this time there is a Pool view room available at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside available, but the cost would increase by $389.59."

We are there April 21-25 and also have not received an email. I would very much like to stay at CBR as it took us years to finally decide we would give this moderate a try, but I am not eating out of a tent on my Disney vacation.

I'm the one who posted the email earlier. Our stay is from 4/21 to 4/30. I suppose it is possible that they are starting work at the end of that week, but if I were you, I'd expect an email.

I'm confused about the food court issue -- I thought that "Centertown" was the food court in Old Port Royale, so how can Centertown be serving breakfast and dinner if the "Old Port Royale Food Court" is closed? We were only planning one potential dinner at the food court (planning to eat breakfast in our room everyday), so that's not a huge issue for us anyway.

Unfortunately for us, moving anywhere else isn't an option. We really want a Murphy bed room and we got a great deal on the room, so moving to one of the Port Orleans resorts would cost $900 more for our 9-night stay.

As long as the feature pool is open and we don't hear the construction mid-day in Aruba or Jamaica (where we're planning to request a room), I think we can make the best of a bad situation.

Well my dates are for May 7-11 and I have not received an email about the construction. However I am quite upset. I booked just one week before the announcement of construction and had debated between booking here at rack rate or at POR with the FUN & SUN. Difference was actually $15 cheaper per night at CBR but that was std room vs POR GV. It came down to three visits at POR in last four years vs one at CBR in last 18. I am beyond upset that there was no longer availabilty with FUN & SUN rate at POR after the announcement and I most likely will be without a good food court (though we only would utilize it for 2-4 meals) and lack of main pool being a possibility. I am using reward $ to pay for this and feel even more cheated. Chalk me up as another experiencing 1st world problems.

ETA that it is just a frustrating situation. I will go into this trip hoping for the best and looking on the bright side-it is vacation after all.

Last edited:
Our dates are May 18-26. We got the construction email. :sad2: Decisions, decisions... don't know what we will do now.

We go 6/3. No construction email. Taking my grandson for the first time. Usually stay at POR but picked CBR this time for something different . Booked this trip as announce back. I do have a question tho. If I call & change resorts, do I need to get new ME tags as I already got mine for CBR

In March? Those dates in April are affected.

No, we will be there April 19-24. I haven't received any communication from Disney regarding the construction like others did. There is nothing about construction on the TA site besides the work at Trinidad south through 3/16, however there is something about CSR. Guess I'll call and find out.

short version: I just called and they said the email was a computer glitch. There is currently construction on the Trinidad pool, but it will be complete mid March. Nothing else is scheduled.

long version: I called the number on the email and was on hold for over 2 hours, so I called the main Disney number. In less than 5 min, someone answered. The CM said they recently got a new computer system, and have had a few bugs, and the email was sent in error and the technicians are working on it. He said they have the current Trinidad pool construction that should be done by mid-march, and there's nothing on the calendar (he check as far as October) for any other construction, and they normally don't do construction in the summer. He said by the end of March we should be able to enjoy all of the new renovations. I asked him to clarify a few times because I was in (happy) disbelief, but he assured me there was nothing after mid-march.

No, we will be there April 19-24. I haven't received any communication from Disney regarding the construction like others did. There is nothing about construction on the TA site besides the work at Trinidad south through 3/16, however there is something about CSR. Guess I'll call and find out.

If you are able to call could you please post back? I am there the 21-25 but won't have a chance to call until tomorrow.

Computer glitch? Yes, Disney's computers are always glitchy, however, I'm not buying that there's nothing on the calendar. There are too many other rumors along with evidence like permits that corroborate that something big is going down at CBR.

Well hopefully more people call and we can get a better idea, but that is what I was told.

It does seem unreasonable they would close the restaurant, food court, pool bar, and gift shop all at one time.

Got this in my email this morning for our late April stay

We are delighted you have chosen to stay at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort!

In an effort to continually improve the Guest experience, we often refresh our offerings and atmosphere. In preparation of your upcoming stay, we would like to make you aware of Resort refurbishment work that will be taking place during your visit.

Upon your arrival, you will notice construction work in various areas as we enhance our Resort. Noise may be heard while this work is being completed and certain pathways may be unavailable.

Additionally, Old Port Royale Food Court, Shutters at Old Port Royale, Banana Cabana Pool Bar and Calypso Trading Post will be closed for refurbishment during your stay. While we work our magic, there will be a variety of dining options available to you for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Centertown will serve breakfast and dinner and a selection of grab-and-go meals will be conveniently available for purchase in three island markets located in the Aruba, Jamaica and Martinique regions of the Resort.

We apologize for any inconvenience this work may cause and appreciate your patience. If you have questions or need assistance with your reservation, please contact your original booking agent.

I am staying April 17-23 and didn;t get this email. How late in April are you going?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter