Disneyland Pet Peeves!

My pet peeve is when my friend and I go Disneyland, we use EVC's to get around as we can't stand for lengthy periods of times. As such we go during the slower periods. There was on time that we went on the HM ride and one of the CMs was taking us through the exit (as that is how those in wheelchairs get on the ride) and we were on one side in a follow the leader pattern. Well on lady coming out of the ride proceeded to yell at the CM about how "handicapped people shouldn't be allowed on the rides since we can't go through the regular lines like everyone else and in fact we didn't need to be coming to Disneyland at all." (granted I cleaned up the language then the lady proceeded to yell at us on the same topic and just plainly being rude. Needless to say the lady was asked to leave the park as she was being so rudely.

OMG that is terrible!! :hug: I am glad she had to leave though.
People in EVC's and wheelchairs have a tough time getting around, with people quickly crossing over in their path and trying to swerve around crowds. So they deserve to be let in the rides with a minimal wait in my opinion! And I am glad you guys used the correct way to enter a ride via EVC. I remember a lady trying to squeeze in the queue of a Fantasy Land ride with her EVC and ramming into the back of my legs and over my feet :sad2:. If people are gonna drive an EVC, do it right. Like you and your friend :thumbsup2

Poll/chain sitters. I mean if I am in line have my hand on the poll or chain and the guy/girl on the other side decides to make it their seat. Nothing like having my hand sat on too.
The other is the ones who don't pay attention in lines. They seem to leave huge gaps before they are reminded they need to move forward.
Oh the stopping in the middle of the walk way just kills me. OMG! If I feel I need to have to stop to talk to someone else. I step to the side to do it. Don't abruptly stop in the middle of flowing traffic.

pet peeves, people cutting inline in front of children. People standing on top of you, so there is no room.

I didn't find this in DL, but the bathrooms were not kept clean in WDW. I was so surprised.

How about the kids who go through the line alone (or with siblings) cutting in front of everyone to apparently catch up to a parent in line only there is no parent :( they are usually near the exits or not around at all. Drives me crazy.

It really bugs me when people my age (young 20's) use less than appropriate language in the parks. I mean c'mon it's Disneyland there are children EVERYWHERE! It's not that hard to clean up your language for the day so that you don't teach the youngins some colorful words.

It really bugs me when people my age (young 20's) use less than appropriate language in the parks. I mean c'mon it's Disneyland there are children EVERYWHERE! It's not that hard to clean up your language for the day so that you don't teach the youngins some colorful words.

Oh yes I agree with this. I am 23, and I was recently with my friend who's 20 and I had to tell him to watch his mouth multiple times!! :sad2: I kinda felt embarrassed when I knew the parent in front of us in line heard him.

It would be rather embarrassing to be with someone that has potty mouth.

Poll/chain sitters. I mean if I am in line have my hand on the poll or chain and the guy/girl on the other side decides to make it their seat. Nothing like having my hand sat on too.
The other is the ones who don't pay attention in lines. They seem to leave huge gaps before they are reminded they need to move forward.
Oh the stopping in the middle of the walk way just kills me. OMG! If I feel I need to have to stop to talk to someone else. I step to the side to do it. Don't abruptly stop in the middle of flowing traffic.

I HATE THAT!!! Another pet peeve of mine is when you have oh say a family of 3 in front of you, and 1 of them is on the phone telling someone where they are, minutes later the person on the other end of the phone is squeezing by the hundreds of other people so they can catch up with their family. I wouldn't stand for it, and told the lay to go to the back of the line, and I am well a big guy so even her family wasn't about to argue. Really, it's not fair to A. her family for waiting while she was off somewhere else, and B the most important, it's not fair to the other people who have waited the 40 minutes and sometimes more to get on the ride.

My pet peeve is when my friend and I go Disneyland, we use EVC's to get around as we can't stand for lengthy periods of times. As such we go during the slower periods. There was on time that we went on the HM ride and one of the CMs was taking us through the exit (as that is how those in wheelchairs get on the ride) and we were on one side in a follow the leader pattern. Well on lady coming out of the ride proceeded to yell at the CM about how "handicapped people shouldn't be allowed on the rides since we can't go through the regular lines like everyone else and in fact we didn't need to be coming to Disneyland at all." (granted I cleaned up the language then the lady proceeded to yell at us on the same topic and just plainly being rude. Needless to say the lady was asked to leave the park as she was being so rudely.

How rude!! :scared1: :sad2: :mad:

Mine would be people screaming at their kids and people who are pushing and ignoring people.

I HATE THAT!!! Another pet peeve of mine is when you have oh say a family of 3 in front of you, and 1 of them is on the phone telling someone where they are, minutes later the person on the other end of the phone is squeezing by the hundreds of other people so they can catch up with their family... A. her family for waiting while she was off somewhere else, and B the most important, it's not fair to the other people who have waited the 40 minutes and sometimes more to get on the ride.

I agree this is not right at all. I do have a question, though. When baby (20 month old) is acting up in line, is it OK to have 1 parent take him out until they are closer to the front? I admit we did this at 15 month for Toy Story and Nemo one time each, but I figured people would mind this less than listening to the screaming baby anyway. Would we be inciting rage if 1 adult carrying a baby occasionally did this? We take him back to nap twice during the day and leave the park by 7, so we do all we can to keep him calm and happy.

Not really a peeve on this first part, but getting parked at the end of the aisle (west end), farthest from the escalators... never fails to happen. I've even been the unfortunate soul that gets parked at the end of the aisle of the last row! I was grumbling before I even got out of the car that day.
My peeve is with people that decide that they are entitled to park wherever they want, and drive around their designated spot to move closer to the escalators. Play the hand your dealt, I say.
Just once would I like to get the first spot, right by the escalators. Talk about Magical Moments, that would make my whole year! I'd probably post it as my facebook profile picture or something.

My pet peeve is that I still do not own my own peeve for a pet. I have only two cats. NO peeves so far.

Which reminds me, I would love to own a male and female peeve, so that way,unless they are not fertile, I will also have really cute fur baby peeves, to have and to hold, and to buy cute little habitrail accessories for. :) I can't wait.... Now I just need to find the right pet store.

Exactly, because they are soft, cute and cuddly. Even their teeth are tiny and shiny. Just don't make them mad, because those little teeth are sharp. For they like to gnaw on chew toys and sticks every day, because they like to chew and they know that it will sharpen their fangs, I meant teeth. :faint:

OMG!!! :scared1: I can't believe that lady was so rude.

But, my biggest pet peeve is backpack-swingers. This one guy on the Storybook Canal boats swung his HUGE backpack on the way out.. right into my head. Thaaaaaaanks.
Ouch!! :eek:

You know what really strips my screws........When camera batteries die, and memory cards fill up in the middle of a day in the parks. :mad:
I hate when that happens to me.

Chiming in with a common theme - rude people are my pet peeve! Especially entitled, rude people. Once when I was very young I was in the Matterhorn line with my parents and little sister who was about 7 years old at the time. After 40 minutes of waiting she didn't feel well and my mom took her to the restroom. They came back and (HORRORS) rejoined my family in line. The man behind us started SCREAMING at my little sister for "cutting" in line!!! :scared1: I was so shocked.

A CM noticed and came over and he started yelling at her too! Finally my dad said, how about if we let you get in front of us? Rude Screamer said that was fine, so he "cut" us in line and finally shut up about it. He really set a great example for his two sons. :rolleyes:
I can't believe that man started screaming. :scared1:

I REALLY hate when people refer to Walt Disney World as 'Disneyland!' Seriously People! There is a REASON why the parks have different names!

On that same note I also hate people who haven't been to both parks, and automatically think Disney World is SO MUCH BETTER than Disneyland. Yes, disney world is much bigger and has more to do, but that can also just be more of a headache. Like the walking longer distances, and the fact that you need like a week to see and do everything.

Maybe I'm just being sour because I live in California and DL is my home park.
I can't believe it.

Story timepopcorn::. We are in line for Jungle Cruise. It's me, my hubby, my DD(7), and my dad. Two teen boys are right behind us, swearing like saliors and being a bit rowdy. My dad asks the boys, "are you guys having a good time?" the boys reply, "yeah, we just got done pushing around donald duck!! We're having a great time." My dad, "Thats nice, you see that little girl over there? That's my granddaughter, she's 7 and behaving way better than you are." We didn't hear another word from those to for the rest of the wait for Jungle Cruise.:thumbsup2
OMG!! These are like people at my school.

So have you bought your new pet peeve yet? I have,and they are just so cute too.

You know what smudges my glasses.....When a guest decides they don't want to wait in a line and you are jambed into a dense queue with them right in front of you expecting you to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter