Disney Skyliner (Gondola Transportation System) Read Post 1 Now Open!

question and not sure if it's been answered... for this system say I am staying CBR would we have to get off at each station and reload to get Epcot? Or can we stay on? If we stay on could that be problematic for say the last station trying to get to Epcot in the mornings? Just curious....
There are 2 theories that I have read.
The first is that there will be 3 independant lines that terminate at CBR. They will be IG through Riviera(allowing boarding and disembarking) Ending at CBR, CBR to HS, CBR to AoA
The second is that the line from IG will go through Riviera(allowing boarding and disembarking) go through CBR(allowing boarding and disembarking) and terminate at HS

When they progress a little further on the CBR station it will become clear.

There are 2 theories that I have read.
The first is that there will be 3 independant lines that terminate at CBR. They will be IG through Riviera(allowing boarding and disembarking) Ending at CBR, CBR to HS, CBR to AoA
The second is that the line from IG will go through Riviera(allowing boarding and disembarking) go through CBR(allowing boarding and disembarking) and terminate at HS

When they progress a little further on the CBR station it will become clear.
I think they progress is already there. There are three separate lines at the CBR station. The question is whether there are different lines coming in and out of the "turn" stations at Riviera and or boardwalk.

If you're at CBR you'd possibly only have to disembark and reboard at the new Riviera hotel station before continuing on to the IG. The turning point by the BW is just for turning and no one will be getting on or off there. The only ones that would have to potentially (and I say "potentially" since nothing is for sure yet, but this seems like the most likely scenario) get off twice when going to Epcot are those starting from DHS or from Pop/AOA.
You shouldn't need to disembark at Riviera. It is also just a turn but will also be a station so if you are continuing on you should just stay on.

I think they progress is already there. There are three separate lines at the CBR station. The question is whether there are different lines coming in and out of the "turn" stations at Riviera and or boardwalk.
My bad. I just looked at the aerials posted this past Friday. So CBR won't have to change ever, but every one else will.

I find the original post suspect when they say bus transportation may go away all together at these resorts. That really can't happen, as the Gondola system won't go to Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom, which means there will still have to be bus transportation.

Additionally, the go Dallas won't be able to handle every type of ECV that the buses can, if for no other reason than the weight of some. Additionally, there are reports that gondolas won't have air conditioning and there are some disabilities where using a vehicle without air conditioning would not be an option, so from an accessibility stand point they can't eliminate buses completely unless they replace them with buses for disabled access only.

And this doesn't even begin to get into the people that are deathly afraid of heights.

But no matter what, they definitely can't eliminate the buses completely since the gondolas don't go to all of the parks.

My bad. I just looked at the aerials posted this past Friday. So CBR won't have to change ever, but every one else will.

You can basically think of CBR as the "hub" and the 3 lines as "rails" coming off of it ... so everyone has to get to CBR and then change to where they want to go ... so if you are staying at CBR then you are at the Hub and can just select the line you want

The one exception is Riviera which will have the EPCOT to CBR line go through it and if you are staying there you can get on or off so would have direct access to EPCOT without having to change

I find the original post suspect when they say bus transportation may go away all together at these resorts. That really can't happen, as the Gondola system won't go to Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom, which means there will still have to be bus transportation.

Additionally, the go Dallas won't be able to handle every type of ECV that the buses can, if for no other reason than the weight of some. Additionally, there are reports that gondolas won't have air conditioning and there are some disabilities where using a vehicle without air conditioning would not be an option, so from an accessibility stand point they can't eliminate buses completely unless they replace them with buses for disabled access only.

And this doesn't even begin to get into the people that are deathly afraid of heights.

But no matter what, they definitely can't eliminate the buses completely since the gondolas don't go to all of the parks.

When they say eliminate the buses, they just mean to the parks the gondola's go to - so, EPCOT and DHS - they would still have buses to MK and AK

but that is the word from people in the know that they want to cut other costs with this added cost so going to EPCOT or DHS from these resorts, the only mode of transportation provided will be the gondolas - just like the way to get to EPCOT from the Poly (for example) is just the monorail (which travel as higher or higher off the ground than these gondolas will)

When they say eliminate the buses, they just mean to the parks the gondola's go to - so, EPCOT and DHS - they would still have buses to MK and AK

but that is the word from people in the know that they want to cut other costs with this added cost so going to EPCOT or DHS from these resorts, the only mode of transportation provided will be the gondolas - just like the way to get to EPCOT from the Poly (for example) is just the monorail (which travel as higher or higher off the ground than these gondolas will)

I don't think its only about cutting costs. I cannot recall where I read this, but from my recollection Disney is having staffing issues with bus drivers. There just aren't enough of them, and so I think the Gondolas allows them to 1) cut some costs, and 2) shift buses to other routes that are under served.

I don't think its only about cutting costs. I cannot recall where I read this, but from my recollection Disney is having staffing issues with bus drivers. There just aren't enough of them, and so I think the Gondolas allows them to 1) cut some costs, and 2) shift buses to other routes that are under served.

I am sure that plays a part too - and also just gets more buses off the roads to help ease with traffic, etc.

WDW is currently advertising a $2000 hiring bonus for new bus drivers who pass training and stay in the role for 180 days. New bus drivers are not only hard to find; they're also hard to keep after they realize they'll be working a constantly changing schedule of late nights and/or early mornings for the first couple years.

I suggest reading the last few pages of this thread.

Not sure how the gondolas wouldn't be able to handle all ECVs that a bus can. And yes they can eliminate buses to the parks that the gondolas service.

Disney can't accommodate for every person's specific medical needs. They do the best they can and those who couldn't be accommodated have to figure out another route on their own. Disney has boats that travel to certain parks. Disney doesn't accommodate the people who don't want to ride the boats to parks because they are deathly afraid of the water. Same with people who are claustrophobic.

If people can ride around all day on their ECV's in the heat, why can't they handle that same heat for 5 more minutes in a gondola? With proper ventilation these cars should remain within a few degrees of outside temperature.

Just asking....at cbr they just put in new bus stations placed at Port royale designated to Epcot hs ak and mk...why build each station if they are going to take the buses away for Epcot and he? ...just wondering

Just asking....at cbr they just put in new bus stations placed at Port royale designated to Epcot hs ak and mk...why build each station if they are going to take the buses away for Epcot and he? ...just wondering
They can easily be changed. They will still need the station for MK, AK, Disney Springs, and the water parks. I believe CBR also has an internal loop? Also lets say the gondola system is down for any reason they will need the space for buses to accommodate people while the system is down.

1. If you expect Disney to do things that make sense, you will be disappointed.
  2. Lack of coordination.
  3. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
  4. "Well, at least we'll get to use it for a year."

They can easily be changed. They will still need the station for MK, AK, Disney Springs, and the water parks. I believe CBR also has an internal loop? Also lets say the gondola system is down for any reason they will need the space for buses to accommodate people while the system is down.
There are no more buses to the waterparks. Not sure when the change was made, but you now take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer to another bus for Typhoon Lagoon or you take a bus to Animal Kingdom and transfer to another bus for Blizzard Beach.

at cbr they just put in new bus stations placed at Port royale designated to Epcot hs ak and mk...why build each station if they are going to take the buses away for Epcot and he?
Because there is a current need for them? Until the Skyliner starts running (and possibly after) there is a need for bus service to those parks.

There are no more buses to the waterparks. Not sure when the change was made, but you now take a bus to Disney Springs and transfer to another bus for Typhoon Lagoon or you take a bus to Animal Kingdom and transfer to another bus for Blizzard Beach.
Yes I know but you still need the bus to AK or Disney Springs in order to transfer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter