• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the MK sunrise after Mando. Disappointed there’s no DHS, would have loved sunrise over Galaxy’s Edge. Maybe there will be more?

So, it really was just 60 minutes of watching the sunrise at Epcot. 😂

For some reason, I thought it would include the sunrise, but then go on to show what happens before each park opens - watch the sunrise, then watch CMs get the parks ready and then finally letting in the crowds.

It was still nice, but I won't watch the other ones.

Disney announced at the investor meeting that season 3 of the Mandalorian would debut December 2021.
Here the quote from the investors meeting :

Today, I am excited to share with you that Jon [Favreau] and Dave [Filoni] are concurrently developing two new spinoff series exclusively for Disney Plus. One, the Rangers of the New Republic and the other featuring fan-favorite Ahsoka Tano. Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, these interconnected shows along with future stories will excite new audiences, will embrace our most passionate fans and will culminate in a climactic story event. The next chapter will debut on Disney Plus Christmas of 2021

The bolded to me does not confirm Mandalorian season 3. It almost as if she went out of her way to not specifically say The Mandalorian season 3.

I did say the other day that a divide in the Star Wars community was returning soon. But I thought it would be over what their preferred show is between Mando/Ahsoka/Rangers. Seems to be a lot of arguing whether Mando should even have a 3rd season. I’m seeing “It ended perfectly, if they try to continue with another Mandalorian season with a new story for Din, they’re going to ruin it”

Today, I am excited to share with you that Jon [Favreau] and Dave [Filoni] are concurrently developing two new spinoff series exclusively for Disney Plus. One, the Rangers of the New Republic and the other featuring fan-favorite Ahsoka Tano. Set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, these interconnected shows along with future stories will excite new audiences, will embrace our most passionate fans and will culminate in a climactic story event. The next chapter will debut on Disney Plus Christmas of 2021

The bolded to me does not confirm Mandalorian season 3. It almost as if she went out of her way to not specifically say The Mandalorian season 3.
Every news outlet took it as season 3. Lucasfilm hasn’t denied it. They started work on season three long ago too. We just don’t know what season 3 is yet.

But she said it after Mandalorian recap trailer played. While yes it’s cryptic, could technically mean Book of Fett, I think that’s grasping for straws a little bit.
They would have built this season up as Din’s last solo adventure to get more subscribers

Every news outlet took it as season 3. Lucasfilm hasn’t denied it. They started work on season three long ago too. We just don’t know what season 3 is yet.
I’m not saying it isn’t but she did word it weirdly.
If season three is the the Book of Boba Fett they can call that season three. But it is not what at least I was expecting for season three. It feels like a spin off not a continuation.

If season three is the the Book of Boba Fett they can call that season three. But it is not what at least I was expecting for season three. It feels like a spin off not a continuation.
We are all in the same boat. We don’t know what to make of this. I had mentioned previously that Mando is set up as chapters so this book title could very well fit as the next book in this series.

If Mandalorian S3 is Book of Fett then it would just turn the series into an anthology rather than a linear story. While I want it to be separate and there to be 4 different series regardless of when they air, I’m still watching whatever they give me

I vote for season 3 we have a (separate) spoilers allowed thread.

Yes please! I get why it was here but this is for Disney + news and a bit of chit chat about it but the constant spoilers and stuff lately has been a lot. I just scrolled through 3 pages and saw less than 5 posts about non mandalorian stuff.

Yes please! I get why it was here but this is for Disney + news and a bit of chit chat about it but the constant spoilers and stuff lately has been a lot. I just scrolled through 3 pages and saw less than 5 posts about non mandalorian stuff.
Well other than the Sunrise show there really hasn’t been any other Disney+ news in the past week. While a lot of the spoilers were about this final episode there have been a lot of discussion of the future of Star Wars on Disney+ which would be newsworthy.

As for the 3rd season, now seeing the quote saying the next chapter will release Christmas 2021, it really has me thinking Din’s main storyline is over and next season of Mando will be Fett. I think that was specifically worded vaguely like that. And as for multiple news sources picking that up as meaning a new season of Mando, the same could be said about the multiple news sources reporting that this finale confirmed a new spinoff Fett show. Really nothing was confirmed except that a new chapter of Mando is coming in December. I’ll be fine with whatever that chapter is, but I think I find myself falling more on the Fett side now after my second watch through of the finale. Din’s story just wouldn’t be the same without Grogu and it had such a nice ending. Yes there are still lose ends with the darksaber but that can be addressed throughout the 3 shows next year. I could even see a Din going to Tatooine and working with Fett for a time next season.

If Mandalorian S3 is Book of Fett then it would just turn the series into an anthology rather than a linear story. While I want it to be separate and there to be 4 different series regardless of when they air, I’m still watching whatever they give me
Not necessarily. There’s no reason to assume if season 3 is subtitled The Book of Boba Fett that Din couldn’t still have a significant part, or even still be the lead character. The Phantom Menace has pretty minimal levels of Palpatine in it.

Not necessarily. There’s no reason to assume if season 3 is subtitled The Book of Boba Fett that Din couldn’t still have a significant part, or even still be the lead character. The Phantom Menace has pretty minimal levels of Palpatine in it.
Thats very true. Fett could be the A story in most episodes, but Din could be the B story in a lot of them as well.

We are all in the same boat. We don’t know what to make of this. I had mentioned previously that Mando is set up as chapters so this book title could very well fit as the next book in this series.
I was also originally responding to this tweet.
So if that is true my I’m thinking we are not getting Mandalorian season three in December 2021.

Also as I pointed out before considering the filming rumors, it’s not unlikely to be a second project. If Boba has been filming for a month and season 3 hasn’t started filming yet, they’d be separate things. The original rumors were a Boba Fett stand alone mini series, plus with the other rumors Temuera is going to be a busy guy...

Lucasfilm does need to clear this up though.

Its pretty difficult to tell 2 large story’s within a series that only has 30-50 min chapters. While you see the supporting cast a lot in Mandalorian, they’re there to serve the story in Mando’s journey. You’re not really seeing much of Cara, Grief, Moff, Bo, Kuill or even Grogu off on their own. I see it that Book of Fett will be Fett’s story, and we will almost certainly see Din appear, but only to serve towards Boba’s story, not continue his own. If there’s a Mando S3 it’s without a doubt going to be Din vs Bo.

Side note, am I mis-remembering...Didn’t Sabine give Bo the Dark Saber without needing to fight for it in Rebels?

Well other than the Sunrise show there really hasn’t been any other Disney+ news in the past week. While a lot of the spoilers were about this final episode there have been a lot of discussion of the future of Star Wars on Disney+ which would be newsworthy.

As for the 3rd season, now seeing the quote saying the next chapter will release Christmas 2021, it really has me thinking Din’s main storyline is over and next season of Mando will be Fett. I think that was specifically worded vaguely like that. And as for multiple news sources picking that up as meaning a new season of Mando, the same could be said about the multiple news sources reporting that this finale confirmed a new spinoff Fett show. Really nothing was confirmed except that a new chapter of Mando is coming in December. I’ll be fine with whatever that chapter is, but I think I find myself falling more on the Fett side now after my second watch through of the finale. Din’s story just wouldn’t be the same without Grogu and it had such a nice ending. Yes there are still lose ends with the darksaber but that can be addressed throughout the 3 shows next year. I could even see a Din going to Tatooine and working with Fett for a time next season.

Execpt it's been this way for weeks with sorting through all the posts that say spoiler, which at least make it easier to skip, but the news still gets lost. If the point of the thread is for news on d+ then it should behave more like the news and rumors thread and allow some chatting but when it starts getting too much move elsewhere. If this is now going to be for discussing d+ shows then I suggest changing the title on the thread and those of us looking for news can find it elsewhere and those that want to chat about the shows can stay here.

Its pretty difficult to tell 2 large story’s within a series that only has 30-50 min chapters. While you see the supporting cast a lot in Mandalorian, they’re there to serve the story in Mando’s journey. You’re not really seeing much of Cara, Grief, Moff, Bo, Kuill or even Grogu off on their own. I see it that Book of Fett will be Fett’s story, and we will almost certainly see Din appear, but only to serve towards Boba’s story, not continue his own. If there’s a Mando S3 it’s without a doubt going to be Din vs Bo.

Side note, am I mis-remembering...Didn’t Sabine give Bo the Dark Saber without needing to fight for it in Rebels?
30-60 minute shows telling 2 stories is very common.
Its also a pretty big assumption to make that they’d be two separate stories. Din’s story seems to be leaning into retaking Mandalore, how do we know that Boba doesn’t want that throne for himself. The show did end with him taking a throne in revenge from Bib Fortuna, he probably also wants revenge against Han Solo, Mace Windu (assuming he does actually return), and against the Mandalorians that clearly don’t treat him well.

Sabine did give her the Dark Saber. There is some speculation that because of that she was never accepted as the leader of Mandalor. And this is why she won’t accept in that manner again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter