Disney+ News

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did say the other day that a divide in the Star Wars community was returning soon. But I thought it would be over what their preferred show is between Mando/Ahsoka/Rangers. Seems to be a lot of arguing whether Mando should even have a 3rd season. I’m seeing “It ended perfectly, if they try to continue with another Mandalorian season with a new story for Din, they’re going to ruin it”
I sure hope that is not the case. I know many casual fans, even non-SW fans, watched/loved the show because of the Child and that relationship, and lots of SW fans too....I sure didn't watch because of that. My favorite episodes have very little if anything to do with the Child. In fact, I didn't even like the show much until the 3rd episode. I had hoped it was just a series about a cool Mandalorian making his way through the universe....kind of along the lines of that prison breakout episode. But I liked Grogu too, and appreciate whatever gets fans involved. So I'm more than good if they just have Din doing his thing. And with it ending w no resolution w Bo Kataan, they can deal with that storyline ,more on Mandalore. I don't want to accept that Grogu might be killed later by Ren, so hopefully he'll either leave or be kidnapped or something from that academy. What is the timeline of Kylo Ren's betrayal? I'm going to have to research more about all that. I was amazed tho that Disney might end the Grogu story with all the merch sold, and money being raked it. And I surely will love a Fett show, but not as a replacement for Din. I want as much Mandalorian stuff that they'll give us

30-60 minute shows telling 2 stories is very common.
Its also a pretty big assumption to make that they’d be two separate stories. Din’s story seems to be leaning into retaking Mandalore, how do we know that Boba doesn’t want that throne for himself. The show did end with him taking a throne in revenge from Bib Fortuna, he probably also wants revenge against Han Solo, Mace Windu (assuming he does actually return), and against the Mandalorians that clearly don’t treat him well.

But you also have this
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/48...lorian-season-3-features-a-lot-of-moff-gideon
If you’re juggling Boba seeking revenge, and Din, and you still have Moff Gideon in the mix. And Bo Katan wanting the Saber. , it could make for a disaster. It makes far more sense to have separate series’ with interconnected storylines where you have characters jumping from series to series. These release dates are also not set in stone. They could say Christmas 2021 for all 4 series if they wanted and by May all of a sudden one is in October, one in December, one in February 2022, one in April 2022. They’re not contractually obligated to meet these dates

Remember, we were told Avatar 2 would come out 36 years ago. Here we are still waiting

Last edited:
We would do that for when movies came out (Like Avengers, etc) so I am sure we could do something .... I think ideally it fits more the Community board so gets a little tricky to have it here where all of us actually are

I know I'm quite the newbie compared to others, but I had a hard time finding this thread when I first started looking. Found it by searching for Mandalorian in the search box, but I'd originally gone to the Disney Movies, TV main heading to try and find it. I never would've started looking under Disney Rumors and News. That subject didn't give any indication from the main page that it would include Disney + or Mandalorian discussion. But If that's where most followers go, then ok. Just was hard to find initially.

From everything I see here (all the quotes taken together) there are 2 series; The "Book" of The Mandalorian and The "Book" of Fett. Mando's storyline and Fett's storyline, same universe, 2 separate shows.

But you also have this
https://www.superherohype.com/tv/48...lorian-season-3-features-a-lot-of-moff-gideon
If you’re juggling Boba seeking revenge, and Din, and you still have Moff Gideon in the mix. And Bo Katan wanting the Saber. , it could make for a disaster. It makes far more sense to have separate series’ with interconnected storylines where you have characters jumping from series to series. These release dates are also not set in stone. They could say Christmas 2021 for all 4 series if they wanted and by May all of a sudden one is in October, one in December, one in February 2022, one in April 2022. They’re not contractually obligated to meet these dates
I have enough faith in Favreau and Filoni to craft the story in a well thought out manner. They can juggle multiple goals. Now I do hope they are separate projects as I’d rather get more depth to both. And it does seem likely that they are separate from the information that we have. I’m just not certain of it yet, primarily due to the current release dates we have been given. Which as you point out, aren’t necessarily accurate anyways.

This is always hard considering we have such and active discussion here but the movies and TV board does not. I almost wonder if a Disney+ board could work. A Mando thread isn’t exactly “on brand” for this board.
I would suggest a broad D+ spoiler news thread that could include news like casting announcements that spoil character reveals and that sort of thing, and then if people want to discuss episodes with spoilers, it goes there.

I have enough faith in Favreau and Filoni to craft the story in a well thought out manner. They can juggle multiple goals. Now I do hope they are separate projects as I’d rather get more depth to both. And it does seem likely that they are separate from the information that we have. I’m just not certain of it yet, primarily due to the current release dates we have been given. Which as you point out, aren’t necessarily accurate anyways.

The release date theory is immediately null and void because Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye are scheduled to release at the same time. Are they the same series? I’m not saying Book of Fett definitely isn’t Mando S3, but I’m not making any assumptions due to release dates because they tell you nothing

Hawkeye, Spider-Man 3, and Ms Marvel are all being filmed within 30 miles of each other, at the same time, and all being released in December 2021. They must all be one project. Maybe they’re all part of Book of Fett since Disney wouldn’t be crazy enough to put out 3 shows and a movie (technically Sony, but still MCU) at the same time.

Last edited:
I'm wondering about another Star Wars storyline we may be missing that really should get resolved.

With the introduction of Luke Skywalker, don't we need to have a meeting with him and Ahsoka? If they weren't aware of each other's existence before, they should be now.

You would link Luke would want to meet his father's padawan who was closer to him then just about anybody, if nothing more to learn more about him and his pre-Vader days. And perhaps to determine if she poses a threat to going to the dark side, seeing as she was trained by the Jedi that became Darth Vader.

More importantly, for Ahsoka this is her mentor and friend's son. Wouldn't she want to meet him? Wouldn't she want to see the jedi that became of him? Doesn't she want and deserve to know that in the end there was enough of Anakin and the good left to stop the emperor? She feels incredible guilt for not being there when Anakin turned and not being able to help him. That pain must drive a lot of where she is at right now. You would think easing that pain would be important to her story (Voice - "Easer her pain." Force Ghost - "No, it was you, Ahsoka"). Perhaps this is part of her journey to Ahsoka the white where she can let go of the guilt and pain? That would be interesting.

I think it would be really hard to do her story without this discussion. And I would really like to see this happen.

Then again, how much are they invested in Luke fitting into this universe (Grogu, Mando or otherwise)? How to you continue Grogu's story without him? That is the problem anytime you bring Skywalker into the story.

That has always been part of the challenge of telling stories in this timeline. How to you get from here to the sequels? What happened to Ahsoka and why wasn't she there? Where is Grogu? Where are the Mandalorians?

I wonder if part of the reason we have not heard from Disney or Lucasfilm is that they don't know the answer yet either. It appears there were some issues with Pedro (it almost always turns out there is some fire when there is this much smoke). Are we sure he is under contract and wants to return, or for how long? Are we sure Disney wants him to? There could be other reasons that they are giving themselves some flexibility on how to continue forward with the storyline.

Edited to add spoiler tag even though I don't think it's necessary but just in case someone feels otherwise

I wonder if part of the reason we have not heard from Disney or Lucasfilm is that they don't know the answer yet either. It appears there were some issues with Pedro (it almost always turns out there is some fire when there is this much smoke). Are we sure he is under contract and wants to return, or for how long? Are we sure Disney wants him to? There could be other reasons that they are giving themselves some flexibility on how to continue forward with the storyline.

Edited to add spoiler tag even though I don't think it's necessary but just in case someone feels otherwise

His stunt double confirmed his return and Pedro has also spoken about appearing in Ashoka and Rangers.

The release date theory is immediately null and void because Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye are scheduled to release at the same time. Are they the same series? I’m not saying Book of Fett definitely isn’t Mando S3, but I’m not making any assumptions due to release dates because they tell you nothing

Hawkeye, Spider-Man 3, and Ms Marvel are all being filmed within 30 miles of each other, at the same time, and all being released in December 2021. They must all be one project. Maybe they’re all part of Book of Fett since Disney wouldn’t be crazy enough to put out 3 shows and a movie (technically Sony, but still MCU) at the same time.
Well if they didn’t have the same release date there would be no doubt. For those other ones, we know they aren’t the same thing so there isn’t any doubt regarding that at all. Sure several things can release at the same time, that’s not really the debate here. Obviously this isn’t going anywhere though.

Well if they didn’t have the same release date there would be no doubt. For those other ones, we know they aren’t the same thing so there isn’t any doubt regarding that at all. Sure several things can release at the same time, that’s not really the debate here. Obviously this isn’t going anywhere though.

But no one of value is reporting that Book of Fett is season 3. The trades are saying they’re 2 different shows. It’s fans saying that Fett is S3. Until I’m told they’re the same, they’re different because fans don’t make these decisions.

Also, “Christmas 2021” isn’t a release date. It’s a season. Many movies say “Coming Christmas ___”. Christmas 2021 is a Saturday, these shows drop on Fridays, so already it would be a lie. “Christmas” is usually meant to be the month of December in the Entertainment business

I was rewatching this morning and this exchange made me laugh. Had to turn on subtitles to get what Fett was saying and I have no idea what it means.

Koska: I didn't know sidekicks were allowed to talk.
Boba: Well, if that isn't the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy.
I think it's basically the Star Wars version of the old adage about the pot calling the kettle black.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_pot_calling_the_kettle_black

Really liked it, but I also waited for 40 years to see Luke do some kicking A "in person". Similar to Vader at the end of Rogue One.

Had also heard Luke may have heard Grogu from the Temple stone in Rise of Skywalker when training Leia. But only told Rey that Leia heard about Kylo at that time.
Pretty weak but prob was around that time I guess.

Had also heard Luke may have heard Grogu from the Temple stone in Rise of Skywalker when training Leia. But only told Rey that Leia heard about Kylo at that time.
Pretty weak but prob was around that time I guess.

View attachment 544797

Current timeline would have Kylo at 4 years old so 19 years before Kylo’s turn. Would Kylo killing Grogu also completely destroy Ben’s redemption in TROS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter