Disney Magic Kingdoms

Yeah, I saw that in the patch notes and I still think it could mean anything, including "The End." It would probably make more sense as a simple distraction though, like they give us this Maleficent thingy to keep us thinking the story's progressing even though we're still ways away from the curse on Adventureland being lifted.
I'm still shocked the bothered giving us Frontierland before Fantasyland's areas were all uncursed. At best, we're still 5 cursed areas away from having to open Adventureland. Perhaps a few more, depending on how they choose to segment some of those blocks.

Last edited:
found a gold chest and was rewarded with a ... Pirate mast statue thing *whomp, whomp*

Do see on the calendar that a platinum chest is coming on the 10tha and Sapphire one on the 15th. Also my current streak reward is a gold chest, so hopefully I get something good from one of these

Up to 22/23/11 for Thumper, and only two flowers away from being able to level up Flower which should help with the thmper hats

Is anyone watching the livestream? I can’t get it to play on my phone but a response in the comments says even more land is getting released

well that was super light on details. Hell, they had Jack Jack right on the screen and didnt even mention him.

This seems...complicated. But, at least there's kind of a bonus for people who started playing early, since the emphasis is on characters from the first three events.

Not super pleased with how we'll have to buy 60 individual tokens just to welcome Jack-Jack, and how Maleficent won't actually be welcomed into the park after the event. Seems like busy work.

This seems...complicated. But, at least there's kind of a bonus for people who started playing early, since the emphasis is on characters from the first three events.

Not super pleased with how we'll have to buy 60 individual tokens just to welcome Jack-Jack, and how Maleficent won't actually be welcomed into the park after the event. Seems like busy work.
so basically nothing for the newer players haha

I"m kind of excited about this event! I feel like this is an achievable thing and an interesting way to get a new character and if you DON'T have SOME characters, you'll be able to get them this go round, just with event currency, I like this.

I found it interesting that they mentioned you had to be online for this event. I don't understand that, but maybe one of you younger people who understand all this online offline play can explain it to me better.

So overall, in theory, I like this! A LOT!!!! IN THEORY! Ask me again a day after playing how I feel about it, but right now. This is creative and I like it.

Ok so we have:

Maleficent cursing attractions that you must tap to uncurse, this will yield Event Currency and they cannot collect normally until uncursed
There are chapter tasks that appear to involve at least one character from multiple character groups (micley and friends, toy story, etc etc) these are group tasks and these characters will be unavailable to send again until they have been refreshed, either by a 1 per day button for everyone OR a refresh token that drops via event tasks

there are 3 chapters (gonna guess and say 1 week a piece) that have featured characters week 1 is Jack, 2 is Anna, 3 is Mrs. Incredible. These characters will NOT tire after the group task mentioned above, there also appears to be a method to unlock these characters if you dont have them but they did no description of how you do that.

there are 3 chapters (gonna guess and say 1 week a piece) that have featured characters week 1 is Jack, 2 is Anna, 3 is Mrs. Incredible. These characters will NOT tire after the group task mentioned above, there also appears to be a method to unlock these characters if you dont have them but they did no description of how you do that.

They showed that you are able to buy them with event currency.

Live stream! EVENT WILL START NEXT WEEK.

Maleficent found her way back into the park and is trying to turn the kingdom into where nightmares come true.

Maleficent has a tower and certain buildings have a curse on them, tap them to get rid of the curses and you cannot collect from buildings when they are cursed. You get currency from the cursed buildings. (Maleficent EC)
IMG_4433.jpeg IMG_4434.jpeg

You send multiple characters to try to beat Maleficent. There are challenge quests.
IMG_4440.jpeg IMG_4441.jpeg

Jack Jack is the main character that you try to unlock by buying tokens from the Event Shop. Using EC currency throughout the event.
Jack Skellington is a special character for this event. He is for Chapter 1. Anna is Chapter 2. Mrs. Incredible is for Chapter 3.
IMG_4436.jpeg IMG_4437.jpeg IMG_4448.jpeg

got it to work on my ipad....this seems like a drastic deviation from previous gameplay....with absolutely no reason to be rolled out now. very confused, very skeptical.

so basically nothing for the newer players haha
Not necessarily. There are 3 event characters (Jack Skellington, Anna, and Mrs. Incredible) that can be purchase with Maleficant Tokens which are earned freely through gameplay.

You can only send characters on the challenge quest one time before they become tired. You will have to pay for refresh items to free them or you can get a refresh now button that is available once a day that will refresh all characters. You can get refresh tokens by: 1. a quest that will drop the token 2. or activities that drop the token.
IMG_4442.jpeg IMG_4447.jpeg IMG_4444.jpeg

Jack Skellington does NOT get "tired" at all. Each chapter has a featured character like Jack.

You get rewards through the progress of chapters. There is a new leaderboard per chapter. YOU HAVE TO BE ONLINE TO BE ABLE TO PLAY THROUGH THIS EVENT.
IMG_4445.jpeg IMG_4446.jpeg

The more characters you send = the more points/coins you get. The higher the level the character = the more points/coins you get.

FAQ will be within the game as usual and there will be one on Facebook as well.

For this event, you WILL NOT be able to welcome Maleficent in the park.

So earn 4000 EC in chapter one, buy all Jack Jack Bottles, earn 8000, buy second Jack Jack token (which appear to be flash cards) in chapter 2, earn 11,000 in chapter 3 to buy the incredibles ear hats plus another 3000 to Welcome Jack Jack

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter