Disney Magic Kingdoms

Thanks for all the comments summarizing the event... sounds slightly confusing but I think I get the jist of it.

However I have zero incredible characters so jack jack is not that exciting for me. Started playing right after BatB.... spent real money to get them (one of my fav Disney movies) and the nightmare crew (Halloween is my fav holiday, love that movie lol ) so the two sets I’m missing are Mulan and incredibles.

I have an EDIT!!!!!!!!!

For the Battles:

It's not a limit on the number of characters to be sending out! You can choose more than one, from each of the sections they give you. Depending on how easily you can get the recovery treats, you might be able to send EVERY ONE out ALL AT THE SAME TIME for the battles, which is kind of cool, because that increases your point and EC reward, so that's maybe a nice thing.

I start school the day before this event AND a part time job, so I hope I'm able to do well in this event.

They really didn't lay out their explanation very well I don't think. I"m still learning, clearly!

ALSO PLEASE HELP!!! If you go back to the livestream video, around 13:34 they talk about the online and offline play. Someone explain that to me? I'm so confused by that!

I understand your confusion! As I have a mild form of dyslexia, I had to watch the live stream at least five times to figure out what they were talking about. So I'm going to put out my take on how it works, after watching the video so many times and hopefully this will help someone else.

There are 2 ways to earn EC:
1 - Maleficent has cursed the building, tap the buildings to remove the curse and you will gain EC. Once the curse is lifted, you can then collect the magic said building provides.
2 - Challenges: Our job is to send the characters off in groups to battle Maleficent and the curse. When you send them off and they finish said battle you collect EC.

The Battles (they call it challenges):

Based on the video you can send up to 4 characters to battle Maleficent and it APPEARS that the battles will be 2 hours. Once the battle has been completed the characters will need to REST and you WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THEM AGAIN - UNLESS......
Option A - you help them recover by feeding them, what looks like hot cocoa and marshmallow. You are given 2 for free. You can gain more recovery treats based on tasks in the game (like when we collect token for characters it seems)
Option B - there is a REFRESH button and that can be pressed ONCE per DAY (my own opinion - PAY ATTENTION to the TIME if you're doing to do a big group refresh so you know when it'll be available again - just my opinion)
Option C - There is a feature character and character group (they didn't discuss the group aspect) The feature CHARACTER DOES NOT REQUIRE a REST period. Which means if you happen to run out of characters to send off, you can still send off the feature character to get points and EC. They mentioned that the higher level up the characters are, the more POINTS and EC you can gain.

Each battle will also get you POINTS as well as EC. The points are for bonus rewards along the way and the system works very much like the mini events we've seen in the past X-amount of Points will get you a prize and it appears that each prize for the chapter 1 quests are all EC so that's good for us.
Ok, when the hell did this game turn into some sort of lameass Dungeons and Dragons thing?

Last edited:
Thanks to all for trying to explain how the new event will work - having read them and then watch the video I think helped it make more sense

I get I am an optimist but I am cautiously optimistic this could be a fun event - I like how it resets sort of each weeke and seems like decent stuff to earn even outside of the leaderboard. Happy doesn’t seem like you need gems like for other event premium characters

I have an EDIT!!!!!!!!!

For the Battles:

It's not a limit on the number of characters to be sending out! You can choose more than one, from each of the sections they give you. Depending on how easily you can get the recovery treats, you might be able to send EVERY ONE out ALL AT THE SAME TIME for the battles, which is kind of cool, because that increases your point and EC reward, so that's maybe a nice thing.

I start school the day before this event AND a part time job, so I hope I'm able to do well in this event.

They really didn't lay out their explanation very well I don't think. I"m still learning, clearly!

ALSO PLEASE HELP!!! If you go back to the livestream video, around 13:34 they talk about the online and offline play. Someone explain that to me? I'm so confused by that!

Wait, is that true? So I can send out Mickey and Minnie and Daisy at the same time? It thought it was just one per category at a time but then you can use another for the next battle so then use them all up before doing the daily “refresh”

Question One - YES!!! Scroll through the ENTIRE kingdom. Watching the livestream on the FB page you can see Will do it. There's a cursed building, he clicks it twice, gets EC, and then he's able to collect the magic of the building as usual

Question Two - NO GEMS!!! Jack Jack is all through EC, even the three characters in the chapters if you don't have them and you need them, they are EC too, which I think is fabulous!!! I personally don't have Flower yet, and I get ALL the characters, even the gems, but as Flower is permanent content, I'm not rushing to get him. But this is an Event with NO GEMS!!!

In my opinion EVERYONE who plays this game, needs to get behind this event, because maybe we can convince them to do ALL character sets like this, ALL EC, NO GEMS! It's would AMAZING! I know it won't happen, but a girl can dream!

Thanks!

Not really a fan of having to scroll thru the kingdom all the time (maybe) but I guess it’s better than having to find items that like to hide behind buildings. Do like the fact it doesn’t cost gems. Will watch the video later tonight and probably use my gems on Flower. Not really in a rush, but is the only character I’m missing.

I think I’m also optimistic about this event. Got to give them credit for trying something different. Was getting tired and losing interest of the rinse and repeat event approach.

Not thrilled that you need to be online for the entire event. I am typically play offline when I am not at home.

Overalll it sound interesting though. I may need to try and watch the livestream just to get a better idea of it all.

I have an EDIT!!!!!!!!!

For the Battles:

I have played offline when no connection available. The only thing I noticed was I could not get my daily reward. When back where internet available I had to make sure I chose the device backup and not the web backup to continue playing. Then the device backup does sync to the web backup. Hope this makes sense.

Last edited:
I have an EDIT!!!!!!!!!

For the Battles:

They really didn't lay out their explanation very well I don'tALSO PLEASE HELP!!! If you go back to the livestream video, around 13:34 they talk about the online and offline play. Someone explain that to me? I'm so confused by that!

To progress through this event, you need to be online. No airplane mode or turning off wifi. If you do get disconnected though, it won't erase your progress, you just won't be able to go any farther until you're back online.

As for characters fighting Maleficent, it did look like you can only send one at a time from each IP, except for the featured one which can be any character + the featured character. So, there is a limit of 5 characters fighting at a time (One Mickey & Friends, One Toy Story, One Cinderella, One NBC & Jack/One Frozen + Anna/One Incredibles + Elastigirl). The only downside I see to this is that Mickey & Toy Story have SO MANY characters but Cinderella only has 3, so it's going to get uneven very quickly.

I still think that gems will come into play in this game. Just wait. There will be many people who just don't have quite enough of whatever's needed to get the characters. Just a hunch.

I find the "needing to online" thing annoying, but I think it's better in the sense that people won't be able to cheat to the top of the leaderboards.

Sorry if this has been asked before, i started after the Mulan event which means i dont have the incredibles or frozen characters. Does that mean i cant play? Thanks

Sorry if this has been asked before, i started after the Mulan event which means i dont have the incredibles or frozen characters. Does that mean i cant play? Thanks

You'll be able to participate with other characters, but it will be noticeably more difficult while missing key characters. On the upside, it looks like you will be able to acquire Jack, Ana and Mrs. Incredible during the event for just event currency.

As a newer player - started after BatB event - I am super excited about this event! I have only spent $2.99 on this game so far - bought Dopey as I was going on vacation and hoped he would help me finish the SW event, but alas I failed to finish the Evil Queen in time (and of course never got Grumpy). This will be a chance for me to get Jack, Anna, and Elastigirl at a very reasonable price - and without gambling away my precious gems! I haven't bought any of the Legendary chests - the gamble just isn't worth it. So it's all up to the freebie ones they gave away a few times, and those haven't gotten me anything useful (I think I got the palace from Mulan, and the BatB parade float). I lack all characters from Incredibles, BatB, Mulan, NBC, and Frozen.

Of course I now have the fear that I'll buy Jack from their "shop" and then discover that I can't ever level him up because at least one of his tokens requires a character from the set that I don't have.

Tokens - since we're not relying on dropped tokens for any characters during this event, I can actually focus on leveling up my characters during the event! I have so many characters that aren't leveled up all the way as I tend to be very bad at playing often enough between events to get much of this done and tend not to level up during events in order to avoid those tokens interfering with event tokens. I had stopped leveling up again yesterday since I saw the livestream notice, but can now start up again. With a focus on those that will be useful in Chapter 1 I guess - so Zurg (leveling to 8 now), Bullseye, Toy Alien, and Fairy Godmother. The rest in those 3 sets are already maxed out (except Rex who I never bought).

Thumper and Peter - maybe I'll welcome you by December?

As for characters fighting Maleficent, it did look like you can only send one at a time from each IP, except for the featured one which can be any character + the featured character. So, there is a limit of 5 characters fighting at a time (One Mickey & Friends, One Toy Story, One Cinderella, One NBC & Jack/One Frozen + Anna/One Incredibles + Elastigirl). The only downside I see to this is that Mickey & Toy Story have SO MANY characters but Cinderella only has 3, so it's going to get uneven very quickly.

Thank you for the explanation. I also wanted to say I thought that it was only one per category as well and then when I went back and watched the video again, after he selects Daisy Duck, right beneath her, it says choose again.

Maybe it is limited to a certain number, but they don't have to come from all the categories. i.e. if you want to use all Mickey and Friends then you're allowed. I just thought that was cool. We'll see how it works in a few days I guess.

Last edited:
To progress through this event, you need to be online. No airplane mode or turning off wifi. If you do get disconnected though, it won't erase your progress, you just won't be able to go any farther until you're back online.

Guess use you hot cocoa restore on the Cinderella characters to have larger groups go out and then refresh entire groups once a day - guess we shall see the variance in points of having an extra character vs the time it takes to send jack to get a cup of cocoa

Not thrilled that you need to be online for the entire event. I am typically play offline when I am not at home.

Overalll it sound interesting though. I may need to try and watch the livestream just to get a better idea of it all.

I still think that gems will come into play in this game. Just wait. There will be many people who just don't have quite enough of whatever's needed to get the characters. Just a hunch.

I find the "needing to online" thing annoying, but I think it's better in the sense that people won't be able to cheat to the top of the leaderboards.

While I understand needing to be online for the event is annoying, I don’t think people realize how lucky we’ve been to be able to play offline. For games that have events, it’s fairly unheard letting players play offline. That is one aspect of this game I feel the developers have been very generous about.

Of the 4 games I play on a fairly regular basis, this is the only one that I can play offline and believe me my poor iPad battery has really taken a beating from being online. I can sit down for an hour and loose 1/3 of my battery playing online games. Really hoping that Apple announces new iPad Pros at WDDC (World Wide Developers Conference) next week, because I really need to upgrade my iPad Air :confused3

Anyone else think it's kind of weird that Jack Skellington is the focal character for an event that's neither around Halloween or Xmas?

Definitely - though looks like they are trying to use characters from the older events as a way for newer players to get some of these characters - I think these might have been the first 3 (non main story expansion) events (or at least among the first - they were all in 2016)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter