Disney Magic - disgusting carpet

IMG_1722.JPG Ok so I just got off the ship and going to retract some of my comments, the carpet was noticeably stained and imo should be replaced. Pics to follow...

Last edited:
IMG_2159.PNG IMG_2160.PNG Saturday , not sure if there was a spill, sorry if my posts are showing up weird but typing from my phone

A spill? What kind of spill could actually cause that large of a stain ?
Yea it's big right? Why would the rug be wet in that large area? Maybe they were cleaning it? I don't know but thought it was odd to see the yellow sign but carpet looks darker so seems to be wet.

View attachment 274131 View attachment 274135 Saturday , not sure if there was a spill, sorry if my posts are showing up weird but typing from my phone
That looks like it could be a hydraulic oil spill, I wonder if they had a lift out in the middle of the night for decorating and the lift broke a line. I had a similar stain on the carpet of the game room in my restaurant. We were bringing the lift out, to fill the bubble machines in the dining room, the main line cracked and oil went everywhere. It was bad that we had the stain, but worse that we didn't have bubbles descending from the rafters for a couple days. You can see the bubbles at 1:58

Wow, that is disgusting! So it was dirty when the OP posted the photo and the stains were there weeks later when hanscarlet posted? What does it take for people to believe what they see?

Wow, that is disgusting! So it was dirty when the OP posted the photo and the stains were there weeks later when hanscarlet posted? What does it take for people to believe what they see?

Maybe it was wet because of a clean up?

It was so nasty on the WBTA. Spent a lot of time of trying to crop it out of all my photos :(

I think the problem is the actual carpet fiber is different than the other, more typical, carpeting in the ship.

The carpet in the atrium was a finer fiber. Maybe trying for a more "velvety/plush" feel.

Also, overall, the color of the atrium carpet is lighter in color than most of the other carpeting onboard. That, alone, will show more stains.

I think the problem is the actual carpet fiber is different than the other, more typical, carpeting in the ship.

The carpet in the atrium was a finer fiber. Maybe trying for a more "velvety/plush" feel.

Also, overall, the color of the atrium carpet is lighter in color than most of the other carpeting onboard. That, alone, will show more stains.

Why on earth would they continue to keep carpet in the main reception area of ship that shows stains ? It makes no sense, just replace it already

Why on earth would they continue to keep carpet in the main reception area of ship that shows stains ? It makes no sense, just replace it already
Probably have it ordered, but it takes time. And then they have to carve out some time to actually uninstall/reinstall the carpeting. I'm not sure they could do that without a dry dock.

Probably have it ordered, but it takes time. And then they have to carve out some time to actually uninstall/reinstall the carpeting. I'm not sure they could do that without a dry dock.

Always wondered that, if they had a crew come onboard between disembark/embark would probably allow 2 hours, don't think they could swap it out that quickly? I would think they would have much of it pre-cut for the space

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter