Disney Magic - disgusting carpet

mlayton14

DIS Veteran
I saw this photo on another thread and I had to open it up to a broader audience, is it acceptable to have the ships main entry room (atrium) have such disgusting carpet? I asked if these were actually stains or just carpets with just an ugly design? The more I look at them the more they look like stains. Hard to believe Disney would allow a central meeting/gathering place to look like this, am I being unreasonable??

Reactions: MUN
I saw this photo on another thread and I had to open it up to a broader audience, is it acceptable to have the ships main entry room (atrium) have such disgusting carpet? I asked if these were actually stains or just carpets with just an ugly design? The more I look at them the more they look like stains. Hard to believe Disney would allow a central meeting/gathering place to look like this, am I being unreasonable??
Sure it isn't shadows?

I'm sure it's just shadows or the weave going in a different direction. I've never seen a disgusting carpet on a Disney cruise. But I'm not the kind to look for disgusting things. Maybe if it jumped out at me. Which it never has. And def not in the atrium. I saw a kid drop an entire ice cream cone on the atrium rug during the evening hours, then presto it was gone. pixiedust:

I will be on the Magic in 12 days. I will report back. But I think everything always looks pretty clean and maintained on the Disney ships.

DCLBlog_SGS_2168-Edit_Disney-Magic-Re-Imagined-Atrium-Carpet.jpg
Thanks for the replies , it was ugly enough for folks on the cruise to actually comment on it so I am not imagining it :)

For reference , above is an initial picture after the reimagining, I don't care what the lighting is like, it just seems Like it is about 2 years overdue for replacement no? See the blue near the staircase and Mickey statue and compare to original and previous posts

Last edited:
Ugly or dirty? I don't like the washed out colors of the new carpet compared with the old one, but I doubt it is badly stained as you asked. I think the above photo you posted is enhanced.

Ugly or dirty? I don't like the washed out colors of the new carpet compared with the old one, but I doubt it is badly stained as you asked. I think the above photo you posted is enhanced.

Enhanced by whom? It's from the DCL blog, Whatever I just find it interesting the varying opinions, I will be on in 2 weeks

I was expecting an actual disgusting carpet when I opened the original post's attachment. That's just how the carpet is, it's from the brushing and shadows ingrained in the design and the carpet's material. I am surprised people saw that as "disgusting". It's maybe a unique design but it doesn't scream dirty to me at all so I am surprised with the use of the term "disgusting". It's looks blotchy but not dirty imo.

I can only imagine how dirty the atrium carpeting gets with so many guests embarking/disembarking and crossing over that carpeting with their dirty shoes and all of their luggage. The designs in the carpeting must help to camouflage stains and other dirt. If it looked that dirty in person, then maybe it is time for new carpeting.

Now I feel like I want to take pics of the Magic's carpet next week and compare them to Shmoos to see if it's an effect of the brushing or weight from people standing on it too long. It's a mystery!

DCLBlog_SGS_2168-Edit_Disney-Magic-Re-Imagined-Atrium-Carpet.jpg
Thanks for the replies , it was ugly enough for folks on the cruise to actually comment on it so I am not imagining it :)

For reference , above is an initial picture after the reimagining, I don't care what the lighting is like, it just seems Like it is about 2 years overdue for replacement no? See the blue near the staircase and Mickey statue and compare to original and previous posts
I agree this photo is enhanced. My photos were two years after refurbishment, and those colors in the the blog (actually released by DCL) were not the colors they are.

Enhanced by whom? It's from the DCL blog, Whatever I just find it interesting the varying opinions, I will be on in 2 weeks

Definitely enhanced by someone somewhere. All those colours are off...

As for the first picture, as others have said, it's just shadows/ carpet scrapage. You can see the big patch where Mickey stands, he poses a lot with his feet and it's just where he's changed the direction of the carpet...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter