Disney in August (10th)

Awesome! Thanks!!
Day 2 (Monday, Aug 10) We're headed to DHS for Extra Magic Hours!
- First thing, Toy Story (then get a FP for it!).
- Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- One Man's Dream
- Magic of Disney Animation
- we have reservations at Sci-Fi around 11
- Star Tours (get FP to ride later instead of right after lunch :sick: )
- Inidana Jones
- Muppets 3-D
- Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show (that's a mouth full!)
- And whenever we finish, I wanted to stroll around FW at Epcot to see if we could get a few things in like the Imagination Pav and the Seas with Nemo and Friends
So....what do you think?! :)

Awesome! Thanks!!
Day 2 (Monday, Aug 10) We're headed to DHS for Extra Magic Hours!
- First thing, Toy Story (then get a FP for it!).
- Tower of Terror
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster
- One Man's Dream
- Magic of Disney Animation
- we have reservations at Sci-Fi around 11
- Star Tours (get FP to ride later instead of right after lunch :sick: )
- Inidana Jones
- Muppets 3-D
- Lights, Motor, Action! Extreme Stunt Show (that's a mouth full!)
- And whenever we finish, I wanted to stroll around FW at Epcot to see if we could get a few things in like the Imagination Pav and the Seas with Nemo and Friends
So....what do you think?! :)

I like the way you think. Definitely better to ride TSM and then get a fast pass, as lots of folks do the opposite and end up in TWO lines (one for FP and one for the ride).

Sci-Fi is alot of fun and the atmosphere is great. Did you say you were doing 50's Prime Time on your trip as well? The food at 50's is really good.

Be sure to look close at the ticket booth to your right just as you enter the Muppets building. Lots of funny things inside that booth, there's also a sign that says "key under mat". If you look under the mat, you'll see a key!!!

You can catch a boat from the Studios to Epcot and come in between UK and France, which will put you to Imagination in no time. You could also get off the boat at the Beach Club and have a shake at Beach's and Cream next to the pool....here I go thinking about sugar again. :goodvibes

We're going to do the Keys to the Kingdom tour on that morning, it should be loads of fun. Dinner that evening is at Chefs de France. I'll have to get hold of you guys (call or text) and we may be able to meet up for a bit in Epcot.

Thanks! We thought about 50's Prime Time, but had to pick one or the other (so we'll do 50's next time!).
Do the plans seem reasonable? I just want to make sure hubby doesn't get overwhelmed (well, he'll already be overwhelmed, I just don't want him to check out from exhaustion!).
Mmmmmm....shake at Beach's & Cream..... Guess we could meet up there for a Kitchen Sink! HA!!!
I really wanted to try Chefs de France too in hopes of seeing Ratatouille. :sad2: Oh well. But if you all are still there we could definitely meet up! Then you could recap all the cool stuff you learned that morning! :rolleyes1

Thanks! We thought about 50's Prime Time, but had to pick one or the other (so we'll do 50's next time!).
Do the plans seem reasonable? I just want to make sure hubby doesn't get overwhelmed (well, he'll already be overwhelmed, I just don't want him to check out from exhaustion!).
Mmmmmm....shake at Beach's & Cream..... Guess we could meet up there for a Kitchen Sink! HA!!!
I really wanted to try Chefs de France too in hopes of seeing Ratatouille. :sad2: Oh well. But if you all are still there we could definitely meet up! Then you could recap all the cool stuff you learned that morning! :rolleyes1

Our tour would end around 1pm or so and then we would probably make our way to Epcot, or thereabouts. I think dinner is around 5:30 so we MAY get to see Ratatouille if we're lucky. But yes, be happy to meet up.

Lets see, if you are there at rope drop, you should be able to walk straight into Toy Story Mania without a problem, just make a bee-line as fast as you can (this is the only time I actually rushed). After you ride it, you can then make your way over to Sunset and do RRC and TOT without a problem. By that time it should be getting close to lunch. You could stop at One Man's Dream if you still have time left, then head over in front of the Great Movie Ride and down the alley where the Commissary is, that will take you right to the Sci-Fi.

I didn't see the Great Movie Ride listed...there's never a line for it and its loads of fun. Perhaps instead of One Man's Dream, you could do that and then head to lunch (even closer)....just a thought.

Our tour would end around 1pm or so and then we would probably make our way to Epcot, or thereabouts. I think dinner is around 5:30 so we MAY get to see Ratatouille if we're lucky. But yes, be happy to meet up.

Lets see, if you are there at rope drop, you should be able to walk straight into Toy Story Mania without a problem, just make a bee-line as fast as you can (this is the only time I actually rushed). After you ride it, you can then make your way over to Sunset and do RRC and TOT without a problem. By that time it should be getting close to lunch. You could stop at One Man's Dream if you still have time left, then head over in front of the Great Movie Ride and down the alley where the Commissary is, that will take you right to the Sci-Fi.

I didn't see the Great Movie Ride listed...there's never a line for it and its loads of fun. Perhaps instead of One Man's Dream, you could do that and then head to lunch (even closer)....just a thought.

See, I wasn't sure about these. I remember the Great Movie Ride from the last time I went (again, like 15 years ago!) and couldn't remember if I liked it or not. Then again, I'm sure my tastes have changed a bit... But hubby may like it! So maybe we should give it a go (then head to lunch for a yummy shake! Oops! More sugar talk!).

Looks like we are all going to keep Disney very busy for the first 2 weeks of August. I will have a slushy, or margarita, or whatever I seem to be drinking at the time, in honor of all you fellow August Disers. Have fun all:goodvibes

See, I wasn't sure about these. I remember the Great Movie Ride from the last time I went (again, like 15 years ago!) and couldn't remember if I liked it or not. Then again, I'm sure my tastes have changed a bit... But hubby may like it! So maybe we should give it a go (then head to lunch for a yummy shake! Oops! More sugar talk!).

You know you can get shakes at Sci-Fi...opps, did I just mention that by accident?

Uh...the rat's name is Remy; Ratatouille is the movie he's the main character in. :rolleyes1

..regardless, I'm hoping to catch him at the Chefs de France too.

Oh don't worry, we'll take pictures...lots and lots of pictures. I wonder if Remy can sing happy birthday? Maybe he'll just squeak it. :confused3

haha nice one :goodvibes maybe I should make a quick apperance in August, or you can roll some of this great energy over to my October trip :wizard:

Oh don't worry, we'll take pictures...lots and lots of pictures. I wonder if Remy can sing happy birthday? Maybe he'll just squeak it. :confused3

:rotfl2:
Maybe he'll be able to hum a few chords! That is so cool that you're going to be there for your birthday! Wonder what kind of treat you'll get? Probably some adorable cake with a clever Mickey logo!
So I wanted to ask about the next day of my trip from my wonderful, Disney masters!
On Tuesday, Aug 11, we were planning on going to Magic Kingdom again for Extra Morning hours and hitting up the fun stuff we missed before:
- BTMR
- PoC
- Jungle Cruise (never been on it, is it worth it?)
- and any others missed from Sunday (or favorite repeats)
- after lunch we wanted to head to Typhoon Lagoon! (by the way, lunch was going to be a QS meal either at Casey's, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, any suggestions???)
- all I remember from TL is the wave pool and the shark tank (one of my favs!), so if anyone has some must-do's I'd love to hear them!
- then dinner at O'hana, 8:55 and hopefully will have a decent seat to watch Wishes (or go to the beach!)
Any and all suggestions are welcomed!! You guys are the best!! :grouphug:

haha nice one :goodvibes maybe I should make a quick apperance in August, or you can roll some of this great energy over to my October trip :wizard:

August...the more the merrier. Find a flight, come on down, have the time of your life!!!

:rotfl2:

So I wanted to ask about the next day of my trip from my wonderful, Disney masters!
On Tuesday, Aug 11, we were planning on going to Magic Kingdom again for Extra Morning hours and hitting up the fun stuff we missed before:
- BTMR
- PoC
- Jungle Cruise (never been on it, is it worth it?)
- and any others missed from Sunday (or favorite repeats)
- after lunch we wanted to head to Typhoon Lagoon! (by the way, lunch was going to be a QS meal either at Casey's, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, any suggestions???)
- all I remember from TL is the wave pool and the shark tank (one of my favs!), so if anyone has some must-do's I'd love to hear them!
- then dinner at O'hana, 8:55 and hopefully will have a decent seat to watch Wishes (or go to the beach!)
Any and all suggestions are welcomed!! You guys are the best!! :grouphug:

When you get there in the morning, head left into Adventureland and you'll have your run of the place. Don't forget your Dole Whip and surely Splash Mountain is a must for your list (my favorite ride of all time).

You forgot about a QS lunch, Columbia Harbor House...I like it. They have fish and chicken and some really good clam chowder. Its right next to the crossover into Fantasyland from Liberty Square, just before you go under the building.

After you leave O'hana, you can watch Wishes from the beach. They even pipe in the music. There are hammocks there and its a very romantic setting. By the way, the Poly also has Dole Whips, in case you want a snack for your fireworks viewing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter