Disney in August (10th)

Oh sure, I'm always up for a friendly discussion. :goodvibes My hubby focused on literature, so he may have more comments in that area...although we're both history teachers at the moment. So anyone up for some historical talks? ;)

What kind of history are you up for? Disney history perhaps? Oh, and my Grandfather rode with General Patton in WWII and took Berlin (yeah, the books are very inaccurate on what really happened).

Ok, so right off I know we're going to have at least around 10 people or so and that's just off the top of my head.

Anyone else want to join us for a nice sugar crawl around World Showcase just give us a yell. We may put the French bakery out of business!!!

This will be fun....some good times with good people enjoying a good evening.

Hey black,

we will be around Epcot most of the 13th, but we had a slight change of plans for the evening. We dropped San Angel and picked up a ressie at Ohanas. So we can come for at least a little bit. That would be me and DBF.

Ok, so far here's the ones I know right off hand.

black562 (Me)
GIR-Prototype
Can84 + Brother
amandaluvsgoofy + Husband
spatulaqueen27 + DBFR
At least 3-4 Dis-friends who live nearby

I haven't reviewed the entire thread to refresh my mind. Anyone going please chime in and I'll update the list.

What kind of history are you up for? Disney history perhaps? Oh, and my Grandfather rode with General Patton in WWII and took Berlin (yeah, the books are very inaccurate on what really happened).

I had to study quite a bit of American history in college, which is fairly broad...I know. But one of my thesis papers focused on American slavery and the other was about the Lodz ghetto in Poland during the Holocaust. We'll definitely have to chat about WWII!!!
And can't wait for the sugar crawl in Epcot!!!

I had to study quite a bit of American history in college, which is fairly broad...I know. But one of my thesis papers focused on American slavery and the other was about the Lodz ghetto in Poland during the Holocaust. We'll definitely have to chat about WWII!!!
And can't wait for the sugar crawl in Epcot!!!

Oh so you want to know the REAL reason Russia went into Berlin first? Or what Patton REALLY said at certain times...etc? Ha, yeah, lots of stories that are totally different from what the books say happened.

Ok, so far here's the ones I know right off hand.

black562 (Me)
GIR-Prototype
Can84 + Brother
amandaluvsgoofy + Husband
spatulaqueen27 + DBFR
At least 3-4 Dis-friends who live nearby

I haven't reviewed the entire thread to refresh my mind. Anyone going please chime in and I'll update the list.

What date and time is the sugar crawl? I'm interested if possible.

Aug 13th is perfect! We have lunch ressies at 12:45 at Le Cellier, so we'll meet up with everyone wherever you all are!!
I have a quick question regarding our plans that the wonderful experts have assisted with! We had planned on going to Magic Kingdom on an EMH day at 8:00am, hang out for a while, then head to Typhoon Lagoon around 2ish(followed up with dinner at O'hana at 8:55). After looking over some boards, I'm second-guessing myself and wonder if we should head to TL first thing, go back to hotel to clean up, then go to MK before O'hana. Not sure what to do....:confused3

Aug 13th is perfect! We have lunch ressies at 12:45 at Le Cellier, so we'll meet up with everyone wherever you all are!!
I have a quick question regarding our plans that the wonderful experts have assisted with! We had planned on going to Magic Kingdom on an EMH day at 8:00am, hang out for a while, then head to Typhoon Lagoon around 2ish(followed up with dinner at O'hana at 8:55). After looking over some boards, I'm second-guessing myself and wonder if we should head to TL first thing, go back to hotel to clean up, then go to MK before O'hana. Not sure what to do....:confused3

All comes down to personal preference. I try to avoid EMH due to the crowds. But you may feel better if you're not all chlorined up at dinner so the second plan may suit you best.

Oh, and since you guys get in earlier than most...we can meet up earlier as well if you guys want.

All comes down to personal preference. I try to avoid EMH due to the crowds. But you may feel better if you're not all chlorined up at dinner so the second plan may suit you best.

Oh, and since you guys get in earlier than most...we can meet up earlier as well if you guys want.

Thanks! We might just play it by ear and see how much we get done the first day.

Sounds good! If we are seated around our time, we might get out of there at, what? 2:00ish?

Happy Birthday GIR-Prototype!!!!!

Im going twice this week! I go Sunday and Thursday :rotfl:

17 days to go.

Anyone who wants to meet up on the 13th, send me your cell number so we can get in touch.

Time is drawing near!!!

17 days to go.

Anyone who wants to meet up on the 13th, send me your cell number so we can get in touch.

Time is drawing near!!!

I'll be with you in spirit, Joe, if not in body (you know I just got back but I want to go AGAIN - greedy, greedy!!)

Have fun on the sugar crawl - have a pastry for me (and I'm eating low carb, so have 2 :laughing: !!)

Linda

Fun will be had, no need to worry....lol.

Anyone who is planning to meet up for a bit of sugar in World Showcase, we need to exchange cell numbers so we can all meet up. I've got a few so far...:thumbsup2

Getting close...leaving on Tuesday evening. Safe travels everyone.

By the way, I've been doing a little last minute blogging over the past few days...have a look.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter