Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone for explaining the ebay bucks to me. I still dont TOTALLY understand it, I need to sit down with a paper and pen and draw it out so I understand the savings at each transaction. What percentage do you guys think you are averaging doing the Target-eBay-Target-Disney? Let's say with a 3x eBay promo? I'm going to start keeping my Disney gift cards in envelopes that say exactly what I paid for them.

I keep it all within a spreadsheet. I'm too anal to not have it all in one place. :) I just cashed my Target gift cards in for Disney ones. If I recall (I don't have my spreadsheet handy at the moment) I paid something like $569 out of pocket for gift cards and ended up with $700. Plus Ebay bucks, Ebates, and $50 in Swagbucks towards Target (separate from the gift card purchasing process, just earned these on my own). Overall with just gift cards I think I saved about 25%, and after cash back and all that I think I saved around 38%.

I keep it all within a spreadsheet. I'm too anal to not have it all in one place. :) I just cashed my Target gift cards in for Disney ones. If I recall (I don't have my spreadsheet handy at the moment) I paid something like $569 out of pocket for gift cards and ended up with $700. Plus Ebay bucks, Ebates, and $50 in Swagbucks towards Target (separate from the gift card purchasing process, just earned these on my own). Overall with just gift cards I think I saved about 25%, and after cash back and all that I think I saved around 38%.
That is awesome! I will be thrilled if I can figure out a 25 percent discount !!!

There was a large (and dusty) stack of select-the-amount cards at Allendale (Burnet and 2222).
Thank you!! You totally made my day! I picked up three, one with the double discount and 2 with the regular $20 off.

Round Rock/Cedar Park has been wiped clean for awhile now. I stopped at Parmer/McNeil on my way and they were empty as well. Hit up Trader Joe's while I was down there, made the traffic a little more bearable.

Thank you!! You totally made my day! I picked up three, one with the double discount and 2 with the regular $20 off.

Round Rock/Cedar Park has been wiped clean for awhile now. I stopped at Parmer/McNeil on my way and they were empty as well. Hit up Trader Joe's while I was down there, made the traffic a little more bearable.
The Greenlawn/Louis Henna location had lots of $25 cards in stock last time I checked.

No more than 3 of any 1 denomination.
Do not place orders that look like duplicate orders: so mix it up $200x3 + $100 x1; next order $200 x3 + $50 x1: and so on. Mine all go through as long as I stick to this pattern.
thanks just got some target cards from swagbucks so wanted to order thanks

In my area, the newer GetGo's are coded as grocery, while the older stores are coded as service station. I'm lucky I figured out which was which.
I stopped at 2 different get Gos near my house over the weekend to see if they would code as gas stations or grocery. Both are actually new stores/gas stations built from the ground up in the past year. Luckily for me they both code as gas stations so I was able to take advantage of the 29 cent fuel perks AND the 5% cash back bonus for quarter 1 on my chase visa yesterday.

My purchase posted today, but it was only $1.02 credit for a $150 purchase. I purchased it through the link on the day that they were doing the 2.5% back on everything. I have no idea where they came up with $1.02....that's less than 1%:confused3.

Has anyone put in a claim before? What is the time frame typically they take to get back to you?

I just did a dry run and I don't understand...why go through ebay? All the Target gift cards on there that I saw were from 10 - 20% HIGHER than face value. What am I missing?

I just did a dry run and I don't understand...why go through ebay? All the Target gift cards on there that I saw were from 10 - 20% HIGHER than face value. What am I missing?

You only go through ebay when they have an extra ebucks deal or they have some type of good sale by the authorized gift card seller giftcardmall.

I don't purchase from anyone other than giftcardmall, (I think most here do that as well), their cards are all face value unless they have a sale. Last week they had a sale of $100 target gc for $95, limit 2. So, I used a couple target gc's I had, to buy 2 eBay gc's, getting my 5% disc at target by paying with my target gc's, (and then having $10 left from my 2 $100 gc's in my target gc's acct to use later), with my redcard set as default pymt. So I paid $190 for 2 eBay gc's at target, and then went to eBay and bought 2 target gc's for $190 (with $10 left in my paypal gc's at eBay), and the sale offered free shipping.

The eBay bucks promo codes are where you can do very well and that's where you see the savings really add up. You do pay shipping then, but promos usually more than make up for that. They charge $2.99 for the first card of a denomination, $1 for others of the same. So, in a $900 order I had , with the 5x promo(equals 10%), I got $90 for the promo. For 6 $150 eBay gcs, I paid $2.99 for my first card plus $5.00 for the other 5 gc's. So I gained $82 just thru the ebucks promo, not taking the target 5% disc into acct used to buy the eBay gc's, or any discounts that I got the initial target cards at.

Hopefully that was helpful and all made sense!

The eBay bucks promo codes are where you can do very well and that's where you see the savings really add up. You do pay shipping then, but promos usually more than make up for that. They charge $2.99 for the first card of a denomination, $1 for others of the same. So, in a $900 order I had , with the 5x promo(equals 10%), I got $90 for the promo. For 6 $150 eBay gcs, I paid $2.99 for my first card plus $5.00 for the other 5 gc's. So I gained $82 just thru the ebucks promo, not taking the target 5% disc into acct used to buy the eBay gc's, or any discounts that I got the initial target cards at.

Hopefully that was helpful and all made sense!

When paying with an eBay gift card, does eBay limit you to a maximum of $500 per order?

"No more than a total of $500 in Gift Cards may be redeemed per eBay purchase"

When paying with an eBay gift card, does eBay limit you to a maximum of $500 per order?

I've purchased more than $500 at one time with no problems. :)

If your paypal account is not verified, then yes. Your limit is $500 per month.

If your account is verified, then the limit is $5000 for a rolling 6 month period.

I stopped at 2 different get Gos near my house over the weekend to see if they would code as gas stations or grocery. Both are actually new stores/gas stations built from the ground up in the past year. Luckily for me they both code as gas stations so I was able to take advantage of the 29 cent fuel perks AND the 5% cash back bonus for quarter 1 on my chase visa yesterday.

Glad it worked out for you! I see that you were using a Chase card versus Amex. Keep in mind that the stores will often code differently for each credit card provider; just because it codes as grocery/service station for one does not mean it will code the same for the other. My data points where the new GetGos coded as grocery were for Amex, whereas they code as service station for my Chase cards.

3x ebay bucks offer is out! It's going to take all that's in me to not buy but I have no immediate need to churn and I know I should wait for 4-5x to maximize my 5000 limit.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm kicking myself for leaving my Target GC's at home. I'll have to try and do it tonight! I keep telling myself to wait for 4-5x but I had 4x last week so I'll take 3x!

Glad it worked out for you! I see that you were using a Chase card versus Amex. Keep in mind that the stores will often code differently for each credit card provider; just because it codes as grocery/service station for one does not mean it will code the same for the other. My data points where the new GetGos coded as grocery were for Amex, whereas they code as service station for my Chase cards.
Thanks for the heads up. I have definitely used the Amex at one of the new GetGos near my house and it coded as a service station but that was getting gas at the pump not inside. Yes I used the chase card because it is only 1% less cash back than the Amex and between groceries and gift cards to pay for our trip I am easily going to max out the $6000 per year allowed. Plus with all this "free" gas I'm not actually paying for gas right now while the chase 5% cash back promo is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter