Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, one more question. Some people use a Target Red card to buy an eBay gc then use the eBay gc to buy Target Cards (THEN the Disney gc). If you use an eBay gc to buy a Target gc, don't you lose the eBay bucks ( I thought I understood you have to pay through PayPal to get the eBay bucks)?

Technically, if you are paying with eBay gift cards, you are paying through PayPal so you do get the eBay Bucks. You have to have a PayPal account and be logged into it in order to use your eBay gift cards. Furthermore, you might have noticed talk about a $5,000 per 180-days gift card spending limit -- that's imposed by PayPal.

Ok, thank you. Do you guys have Target gc on hand for this or do you buy e- eBay cards for the first part of the transactions?
I earned a lot of Target GCs from rewards programs and I just go back and forth between Target and eBay with them. I also have rewards money (SB and eBates) deposited into PayPal in the event that a deal comes up on eBay when I don't have enough eBay GCs to cover it.

Right now, I'm heavy on the Target GCs and little light on eBay GCs. I kind of prefer to keep more in Target and less in eBay because I know that I will always find a way to spend the money at Target but not necessarily so for eBay. If Target changes their policy and no longer allows you to purchase a GC with one of their GCs, or if GCM stops selling on eBay, I won't be stuck with something I can't use.

Ok, thank you. Do you guys have Target gc on hand for this or do you buy e- eBay cards for the first part of the transactions?

I try to convert most, if not all, of my Target gift cards into eBays soon after I receive them so that they're ready for the next eBay Bucks offer.

eBay Bucks offers pop up without notice, usually with an email in the early morning, so I found myself scrambling to order my eBay cards on Target, find something else small to add to my order to qualify for Ebates cash back, all before leaving for work; then hoping my order goes through, the eBay gift cards deliver quickly and aren't canceled. It can take anywhere from an hour to a day for the eBay cards to deliver to your email inbox, then you have to wait 3-4 hours for them to activate and be ready to use. By the end of this process, the eBay Bucks promotion is still usually running, but Gift Card Mall may have already sold out of $150 (and sometimes even $100) denomination Target cards, thus bringing up the shipping cost if you have to buy $50s and leaving you with a bunch of small cards that you'll have more difficulty spending at Target (online only accepts 4 gift cards per order).

Two really good points came up on this thread. Like @Vernie822 said, it can be good to have some Target cards on hand in case you've spent your eBay cards and the resulting Target cards are still in transit. In the last few weeks, eBay's run some pretty good deals and a few eBay Bucks offers (3x, 5x, 4x) a week-after-week. If you spent your eBay cards last week and still haven't received your Target cards to convert back to eBay, you might miss that week's promotion. The flip side to this tactic is you're not spending all your churnable money on a promotion certain to hold back for one that might or might not pop up. I guess one way to split it is if the eBay deal is really good (4x or 5x), go all in and convert any remaining Target cards to eBay to get in on the offer; if it's not so great (3x), spend some or skip it altogether and it's no big loss.

Someone else mentioned this a long ways back in the thread, otherwise I'd credit him/her. Target occasionally runs sales on eBay gift cards (not often, but twice that I can recall during the holidays when they were 10% and 5% off in addition to the Red Card 5%). Having Target gift cards ready for such an offer might be worth keeping some on hand. But Target posts new sale items on Sunday, so if there's no sale on eBay gift cards then, you want to just covert Target to eBay. Overall, it seems eBay runs eBay Bucks promotions more frequently than Target discounts eBay gift cards.

I have a swagbucks question.... what is the best way to cash out there? if you make a large purchase- are there any gift cards that are the best deal for this? I swear I saw some info on it a few pages back, but can't find it again!

I have a swagbucks question.... what is the best way to cash out there? if you make a large purchase- are there any gift cards that are the best deal for this? I swear I saw some info on it a few pages back, but can't find it again!

For your first "Cash out" of the month, you can buy a $25 Target gift card for 2200 SB ($22 in Swagbucks). That's the best option I have found so far.

The best deal on swag bucks is a $25 gift card of any sort other than PayPal or Visa prepaid for 2200 sb. This is a deal you only get once a month. There is a whole thread on the Dis boards for swag bucks. You might like to check it out!

For your first "Cash out" of the month, you can buy a $25 Target gift card for 2200 SB ($22 in Swagbucks). That's the best option I have found so far.
Ok I'm going to look for that.... thanks!

I went thru TopCashback last week when eBay had the 4X eBay bucks promo, but I have not been credited for any of my purchases.
Has anyone else received credit from TopCashback for last week's purchases? Thanks.

Same here and nothing yet.

Ditto. I figure I'll give them a week and then put in a ticket.

My purchase posted today, but it was only $1.02 credit for a $150 purchase. I purchased it through the link on the day that they were doing the 2.5% back on everything. I have no idea where they came up with $1.02....that's less than 1%:confused3.

Is there no way to "pre-load" an ebay GC into your ebay account? I have looked on the site, and it seems like the only time you can redeem it is when you actually go to pay for an item. True? Or is there another way?

Is there no way to "pre-load" an ebay GC into your ebay account? I have looked on the site, and it seems like the only time you can redeem it is when you actually go to pay for an item. True? Or is there another way?

As far as I know, there's no way to "pre-load" an eBay gift card.

My purchase posted today, but it was only $1.02 credit for a $150 purchase. I purchased it through the link on the day that they were doing the 2.5% back on everything. I have no idea where they came up with $1.02....that's less than 1%:confused3.

Mine from Thursday seems to have posted (but not Friday's yet). It is about 1.3% instead of the promised 2.5%! So far not impressed with TCB.

Most stores seem to be cleaned out, but I found a whole stack at one last night. Also, the $25 cards also work when you buy $100 worth. Or, at least some of them do. I've had luck with the "Cars" version of the $25 cards, but the "Princess" version didn't seem to qualify for the coupon.

Any chance you are in the Austin area and can tell me where you found them?

I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times. I was reading through the first few pages from a couple years ago and someone posted that you only get the 5% discount at Target when using the redcard, so that means let's say I buy some discounted target gift cards from raise or somewhere and want to buy disney gift cards from target, I dont get the extra 5% because I'll be using the target gift cards to pay and not the redcard?

Last edited:
I'm sorry if this has been asked a million times. I was reading through the first few pages from a couple years ago and someone posted that you only get the 5% discount at Target when using the redcard, so that means let's say I buy some discounted target gift cards from raise or somewhere and want to buy disney gift cards from target, I dont get the extra 5% because I'll be using the target gift cards to pay and not the redcard?
No. Most of us can get the 5% off when paying online with our red cards set as default payment but using gift cards.

The HEB deal is good through tomorrow. If you added the coupon when it first came out, you can add the "updated" coupon which is limited to a single purchase, but it will double-up the discount. In other words, with both coupons, you can get a $100 Disney gift card for $60, once.

Thank you!! I had already gotten what I needed but I just couldn't pass this up so I went and got one more!

Thanks everyone for explaining the ebay bucks to me. I still dont TOTALLY understand it, I need to sit down with a paper and pen and draw it out so I understand the savings at each transaction. What percentage do you guys think you are averaging doing the Target-eBay-Target-Disney? Let's say with a 3x eBay promo? I'm going to start keeping my Disney gift cards in envelopes that say exactly what I paid for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter