Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine don't. They have Target, Amazon and Bed Bath Beyond that work for me to get other gift cards; but our stores seem to have more cards than I remember and there's not much I'd need to trade for that I can't just get there. Was hoping for BB to stack with SB but no go so far.
Thanks. I was hoping to stack it as well. I figure I'll go to Meijer and to their mperk deal ($5 back in mperks for every $50 in gift cards). We're pretty much paid for our May trip, but we were planning on doing the Christmas party again this year and figured I'd start working towards that.

My bonus SB just came through {purchase was Saturday}. I got 500SB's for each $50 GC I purchased. Yay, yay, yay!

I think I'll cash out all my ibotta (about $130) and SB ($90ish) for BB GC. Then repeat. Anyone think of any reason this wouldn't work? Esp with the SB GC redemption. Otherwise, when our trip gets closer I can cash out for Walmart or Sam's and get Disney GCs at Sam's.
This should work, especially when there aren't any deals on BB GCs, but I think you are leaving money on the table when there are deals. BB GCs deals are discounted regularly for 10% off. You would fare much better if you had the reward money placed into a paypal account, then use the money in the paypal account to purchase BB GCs when they are marked down. If there aren't any deals on BB GCs then cycling through the portals works as well.

This should work, especially when there aren't any deals on BB GCs, but I think you are leaving money on the table when there are deals. BB GCs deals are discounted regularly for 10% off. You would fare much better if you had the reward money placed into a paypal account, then use the money in the paypal account to purchase BB GCs when they are marked down. If there aren't any deals on BB GCs then cycling through the portals works as well.
Hi! I'm new to the Gift Card thread. 10 months active on the SB thread.
Where/how do you get BB gcs discounted (up to 10%!)? Just bought $300 in dis gcs with the SB deal and thought I was scoring big saving 12%!
Thanks for your help!

Hi! I'm new to the Gift Card thread. 10 months active on the SB thread.
Where/how do you get BB gcs discounted (up to 10%!)? Just bought $300 in dis gcs with the SB deal and thought I was scoring big saving 12%!
Thanks for your help!
Best Buy will have a deal every few months where you can buy $150 and get a $15 bonus reward. Technically their system sees it as a coupon, but you can use it on 3rd party gift cards. Ebay will also have a deal every once in awhile where you buy $100 and get a $10 bonus or $150 and a $15 bonus. The last time they did that was a couple weeks ago. Right now Meijer has for every $50 you spend in gift cards you get $5 in mperks. You can't use the mperks on gift cards, but we typically buy groceries at Meijer so we just offset our budget from that. They come around fairly often. If you keep an eye on the board someone's always posting about them when they pop up.

Best Buy will have a deal every few months where you can buy $150 and get a $15 bonus reward. Technically their system sees it as a coupon, but you can use it on 3rd party gift cards. Ebay will also have a deal every once in awhile where you buy $100 and get a $10 bonus or $150 and a $15 bonus. The last time they did that was a couple weeks ago. Right now Meijer has for every $50 you spend in gift cards you get $5 in mperks. You can't use the mperks on gift cards, but we typically buy groceries at Meijer so we just offset our budget from that. They come around fairly often. If you keep an eye on the board someone's always posting about them when they pop up.
Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for these.

Uh oh... just tried to purchase $200 worth of Disney gift cards at my local Target with gift cards and couldn't get it to go through... :( The girl told me they (that particular store) must not be accepting gift cards for them anymore. I'm going to try again on another day/another cashier or check another nearby store. If not, I guess I'll switch to Wal Mart or Best Buy

ETA: Best Buy, not Lowes

500 sb from 3/7 Disney gift card purchase at B.B. posted today. Will be using Kroger 4x coupon this weekend to buy visa gift card then B.B. gift card then heading to B.B:)
Thanks for the data point. I am waiting on 6 purchases from the 7th and 8th and was about to give up on them. I did not want to contact SB since I am not sure based on the language used if they are excluded. Never want to help kill a good deal! Still have another 5-6 to do from the last round of discounted Best Buy gift cards. Hoping this stays around for as long as possible!

Okay, I'm a little confused on the SB code thing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I generate a QR code and spend $50 and I get a $5 bonus from SB.
Can I generate multiple QR codes in one day? If so, what's the maximum?
And I can use BB cards to make the purchase?

ETA do I need a special offer or do I just generate the QR code? I'm not seeing an email or anything.

Okay, I'm a little confused on the SB code thing. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I generate a QR code and spend $50 and I get a $5 bonus from SB.
Can I generate multiple QR codes in one day? If so, what's the maximum?
And I can use BB cards to make the purchase?

ETA do I need a special offer or do I just generate the QR code? I'm not seeing an email or anything.
You can do multiple per day.

You can use B.B. gift cards to pay.

I go to safari on my phone and go to swagbucks.com. Then I go to shop. Under “shop and earn” I go to Best Buy and click on the blue link. Then I scroll to bottom and click on get code. Then I take a screen shot.

You can do multiple per day.

You can use B.B. gift cards to pay.

I go to safari on my phone and go to swagbucks.com. Then I go to shop. Under “shop and earn” I go to Best Buy and click on the blue link. Then I scroll to bottom and click on get code. Then I take a screen shot.
Perfect, and one more quick question. If my DH has a SB account as well, we could do 12 per trip? It's a bit out of the way and I don't want to waste gas unnecessarily.

I like this method - much faster than having to log in for each transaction to generate a new code. Will give it a try next time.

Perfect, and one more quick question. If my DH has a SB account as well, we could do 12 per trip? It's a bit out of the way and I don't want to waste gas unnecessarily.
I have done 5-6 at a time no problem. It’s a cumbersome process so depending on the cashier it may take 15-20 min to do 12 transactions. To generate a new QR you do not need to log out and in each time. After doing your screenshot and saving to pics (I use the draw tool when saving to write a number on it to help keep them straight) just go back to the home page and then search for Best Buy again and select the link for the QR code and it will generate another. I do the majority through my husband’s account to get the 10% extra from the referral.

When was the last time BB discounted their gift cards? I'm trying to decide if I should wait on getting more Dis gcs with the SB deal, or do it now. If BB doesn't discount them again soon, SB may end the deal before then. Hmm...
Any speculation on when BB will discount again?

Just to clarify, Wal-mart gift cards can be used AT wal-mart to buy Disney gift cards, correct? Not just at Sam's Club?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter