Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to throw this out there...

You can order groceries from AmazonPrimeNow and have them delivered for FREE (at least 2 hours notice is required) to the resort. This is a great way to use up Amazon gift cards. I am having my travel size toiletries, laundry detergent, sunscreen, and some perishable goods (cheese, milk, etc) delivered to the resort so I can keep my carry-on light.

On our last trip , I prepared my order while I was waiting to board our flight from home. Then, when we landed, I scheduled the delivery window for 2 hours and placed the order. We took DME to the resort (BWV) and our groceries were delivered within 30 minutes of our arrival at the resort. We used to use Garden Grocer, but they have a $40 minimum order and charge for delivery. AmazonPrimeNow has no minimum and no delivery fee, unless you need it within an hour, then it is a $7.99 charge. It has worked out much better for us, especially since I can redeem my various rewards for Amazon cards, so it's like getting stuff for free.
I used Amazon Prime Pantry 2 years ago at Disneyland, and it was such a relief to get all our diapers (along with other non perishables) shipped to the hotel instead of packing them. Even though we were flying Southwest and we would not have had to pay for an extra bag, it saved me time packing and time is as valuable as money.

The only reason I wasn't planning on using Amazon is that we are going to stay at one of the hotels used for conventions, and I was told that all packages are sent to the business office, which is closed on weekends.

If AmazonPrimeNow will bypass the business office the way GreenGrocer does, then that's what I will do!!! I need to find out if that will work.
Thank you for the suggestion!

I used Amazon Prime Pantry 2 years ago at Disneyland, and it was such a relief to get all our diapers (along with other non perishables) shipped to the hotel instead of packing them. Even though we were flying Southwest and we would not have had to pay for an extra bag, it saved me time packing and time is as valuable as money.

The only reason I wasn't planning on using Amazon is that we are going to stay at one of the hotels used for conventions, and I was told that all packages are sent to the business office, which is closed on weekends.

If AmazonPrimeNow will bypass the business office the way GreenGrocer does, then that's what I will do!!! I need to find out if that will work.
Thank you for the suggestion!
PrimeNow is different than PrimePantry. PrimeNow delivers perishable foods and the delivery window can be as soon as 1 hour. We were staying at the Boardwalk and they dropped our order at Bell Services. We received a text that said it had been delivered so I went down and grabbed it before they even had a chance to store it.

It think if you time it right (i.e. you are at the hotel during your delivery window) you can have it delivered to bell services and pick it up immediately. It's more of an "on-demand" service, like a pizza delivery, so I would assume it would bypass the business office.

Break it up if you feel more comfortable, free shipping so nothing to loose. I've never ordered over $900, although if you want to sign for it I think you have to sign for it if you order over $1,000. All of my orders have come with tracking numbers so I know exactly when they are delivered and I don't leave them sitting out at my mail box. My rule of thumb is I don't order more than I can afford to loose for a short period of time. I can afford to be out $900 for a period of time in a dispute if something happens to my order but my cash flow can't handle a $X,XXX dispute so I don't order that much at once.

I ordered $1500. worth of BJ's Disney gift cards last June to max out my Discover card reward offer of an additional 5% for warehouse purchases up to $1,500. I did have to sign for them (UPS) and I just redirected the delivery to the local UPS warehouse where I went to pick them up at my convenience. I was glad they made me sign for them as I felt they wouldn't go missing that way. I immediately checked all of them to make sure there were no problems with any of the cards when I got them and then transferred them to 2 Disney gift cards ($1,000. max) at disneygiftcard.com.

I could not use a gift card to start an account the other day. I had to set up a reoccurring deposit and then could add my gift card then cancelled the other before it to effect.

I could not use a gift card to start an account the other day. I had to set up a reoccurring deposit and then could add my gift card then cancelled the other before it to effect.
Yep, it's always been that way. Good job finding the loophole!

When I set up my DVA, I didn't set up any recurring payment. I think it checked something like "I'll do it later". I don't remember the exact wording. Then I was able to make a 1 time deposit from a GC.

FYI. Don't wait until the last day of the month when a bonus category ends. I made the mistake of purchasing $500 in Disney gift cards on 6/30 using my Discover IT card with 5% + 5% match. Unfortunately it posted on 7/1. My statement hasn't closed yet, but I'm assuming the posting date will not change.

I did just pay off my August trip with $3800 in gift cards purchased through Target with Red Card and BJs with Discover IT bonus + match. At least a third were purchased on Discover, so I saved a good bit. The last $500 purchase was for meals. I also redeemed $750 earnings from my Chase Disney card.

I did use the Disney Gift Card site to consolidate. I just had to send a screen shot of the four cards to my travel agent.

FYI. Don't wait until the last day of the month when a bonus category ends. I made the mistake of purchasing $500 in Disney gift cards on 6/30 using my Discover IT card with 5% + 5% match. Unfortunately it posted on 7/1. My statement hasn't closed yet, but I'm assuming the posting date will not change.

I did just pay off my August trip with $3800 in gift cards purchased through Target with Red Card and BJs with Discover IT bonus + match. At least a third were purchased on Discover, so I saved a good bit. The last $500 purchase was for meals. I also redeemed $750 earnings from my Chase Disney card.

I did use the Disney Gift Card site to consolidate. I just had to send a screen shot of the four cards to my travel agent.
I have read that can be an issue with discover. Chase bases it on purchase date.

Has anyone added a Disney e-gift card to their DVA? It says e-gift cards cannot be transferred, and I just want to make sure there is nothing in their system that wouldn't accept it on the DVA. TIA!
Yes, I have and then used the DVA to pay for WDW lodging and my DVC dues. Do keep all your gift cards after entering them because if you need to cancel your DVA the money goes back to the source. I keep a ziplock of cards marked when they were added to the DVA until I come home from vacation.

Unwanted Gift Cards

I never knew CVS had an exchange program via CardCash "Exchange Gift Cards for a CVS eGift Card / Over 200 Merchants Accepted!" here's the link:
https://cvs.cardcash.com/

I plan on keeping this on file so next time I get a GC I don't need as a gift I'll exchange it for a CVS GC and churn the savings:-)

Unwanted Gift Cards

I never knew CVS had an exchange program via CardCash "Exchange Gift Cards for a CVS eGift Card / Over 200 Merchants Accepted!" here's the link:
https://cvs.cardcash.com/

I plan on keeping this on file so next time I get a GC I don't need as a gift I'll exchange it for a CVS GC and churn the savings:-)
The don't trade at face value and I don't think you can churn with CVS.

The don't trade at face value and I don't think you can churn with CVS.

You can churn CVS I do it all the time. Example: Purchase xyz get $5 Extra Buck Rewards. Pay with previous Extra Buck Rewards, churning! :D Not everything is about obtaining Disney GC's. :P

Did anyone else get $25 Reward Certificate from Best Buy? I received an email:
"First Name, your $25 reward certificate is here…"
My reward expires September 9, 2017, so now I have two $15 promotional savings and two $150 BB e-gift cards for a total of $355 :woohoo:

I'll definitely be picking me up some Disney GC's with this @supersnoop ;)

Did anyone else get $25 Reward Certificate from Best Buy? I received an email:
"First Name, your $25 reward certificate is here…"
My reward expires September 9, 2017, so now I have two $15 promotional savings and two $150 BB e-gift cards for a total of $355 :woohoo:

I'll definitely be picking me up some Disney GC's with this @supersnoop ;)
I got mine, I was able to get 3:) they showed up first thing on the 7th. I already traded them in for gift cards. I scanned my Ibotta code, hope that works. Has anyone had luck with Ibotta and 3rd party gift cards?

Check your Amex Offers:

Best Buy
Offer Valid 7/10/17 - 9/10/17
Get a $30 statement credit by using your connected Card to make a single purchase of $300 or more in-store at Best Buy or online at bestbuy.com by 9/10/2017. Tweet using #AmexBestBuy to add this offer to your connected American Express® Card. This offer does not require a coupon at the point of sale - so once you’ve received a confirmation response message from our Twitter handle @AmexOffers that the offer has been added, just shop with your connected Card to redeem!

Enrollment limited. Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Excludes corporate gift card purchases. Excludes Best Buy Express, Geek Squad services made outside of Best Buy, Best Buy Parts Store, Best Buy Private Store & Auction or at standalone Pacific Sales stores.

ETA: Add or Twitter sync this to your cards ASAP. Enrollment is limited, and good offers like these do fill up quickly.

Keep in mind that this offer requires ONE SINGLE PURCHASE of $300 or more charged on your Amex to get the $30 statement credit. (Unlike previous Best Buy offers that allowed the minimum spend over one or more transactions.) Although this offer works online and Best Buy .com sells $25 and $50 Disney Gift Cards, the website limits you to 3x gift cards of each denomination, so you can buy at most $225 Disney Gift Cards in one purchase, which isn't enough to qualify for the statement credit unless you purchase gift cards to other retailers or add some other filler item to get to $300.

Remember to use Shopkick or Ibotta when purchasing in-store!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter