Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ebates' in-store coupon won't earn you any cash back on gift cards at Best Buy.

I can confirm Shopkick will earn kicks (points) towards useful gift cards on purchases of gift cards at BBY, whether paid for with Amex or gift cards. I've read that Ibotta will also earn on gift card purchases.

I checked ibotta and it says that it excludes gift cards :(

On top of this Amex-Best Buy $30 credit offer can I also add the offer for the additional membership rewards point and double dip? Not sure if I missed anything in the legal mumbo jumbo saying I could not.

I checked ibotta and it says that it excludes gift cards :(

I have had it credit before however, so whether a glitch or whatever, at least some of the time ibotta works with gift cards at Best Buy. And it usually gives a higher percent back than Shopkicks but they don't always have an offer up. Last time I shopped at Best Buy the only ibotta offer was if you bought an hp printer (no thanks! Been there done that)

Speaking of Shopkicks....it's becoming the slowest earner ever! Even slower than Receipt Hog! Now that's slow! Hardly ever any walk ins anymore for Walmart and Kroger, no more points when you link your card and shop. The only time I really get anything is scanning items in store. I rarely have time for that!

According to my online chat with AMEX I can use both offers together.

Yes, but keep in mind the additional MR point/$1 spent offer is for BestBuy .com only, not in-store.

The website limits Disney (and probably other) gift card orders to 3x of each denomination. BestBuy .com sells $25 and $50 Disney gift cards, which brings you to $225 if you buy three of each. You need to spend at least $300 in one transaction to trigger the $30 statement credit. You'll need a $75 filler -- either other gift cards or as @pillow suggested, $75 worth of physical Best Buy gift cards should work. EGift cards are processed through CashStar, so won't charge as Best Buy for this Amex offer.

I just went to the store and bought a $300 card. In store they have the $25-$500 load the amount you want cards. Almost immediately I got an email from Amex saying I used an Amex offer just like the other times they have done this type of offer. So, yes Disney Gift Cards are included.

I tried to have cashier scan a QR code from the ebates instore offer but it said ebates $0.00 qualified or something like that.
Great! Too bad about the ebates QR code. It's worked for me in the past when I have purchased gift cards. Looks like I'm buying a lot of gift cards today! I have the BB gift cards from last month that I need to use and now another $300 in GCs on my AMEX card. Just in time for my August vacation!

So, I signed up for the AMEX/Best Buy promo online in my AMEX account. Is is the same as the twitter promo or are they different?

Great! Too bad about the ebates QR code. It's worked for me in the past when I have purchased gift cards. Looks like I'm buying a lot of gift cards today! I have the BB gift cards from last month that I need to use and now another $300 in GCs on my AMEX card. Just in time for my August vacation!

I just swung by Best Buy and bought $700 worth of Disney gift cards on two of the variable load $25-500 cards. $400 paid for with gift cards and savings codes from the CashStar/Father's Day promo last month, and Shopkick and Coinstar redemptions. $300 on my Amex PRG, and I got an email a hot minute later with the great news that I just used my Amex offer!

I also entered my Best Buy rewards number and scanned Shopkick's QR code for extra bonuses.

So, I signed up for the AMEX/Best Buy promo online in my AMEX account. Is is the same as the twitter promo or are they different?

They're the same. I got the offer on my Plat and my wife's Plat and PRG. I didn't get it on my PRG but was able to Twitter sync the offer. I still have three more redemptions that I'll spread out over the rest of the summer.

Check your all your primary and AU cards! If you don't see it in your offers, tweet #AmexBestBuy to sync the offer to your card!

I just finished doing this as well. Funny thing though . . . I hit an incorrect key when entering one of the emails. But it didn't kick back as invalid. I was still able to set up the twitter account and link an Amex card to it.
lol because the same thing happened to me on my first email! When I went to log on Twitter a little why later to check on the account there was a notice on the top of the page that my email was invalid and did I want to update it. I updated if from there.

Check your all your primary and AU cards! If you don't see it in your offers, tweet #AmexBestBuy to sync the offer to your card!
Thanks! Then what were people talking about upthread when they were stacking discounts?

Speaking of Shopkicks....it's becoming the slowest earner ever! Even slower than Receipt Hog! Now that's slow! Hardly ever any walk ins anymore for Walmart and Kroger, no more points when you link your card and shop. The only time I really get anything is scanning items in store. I rarely have time for that!

I'm actually finding myself earning kicks faster these days -- enough for $25 about every two months or so. The walk-in kicks do seem to have gotten more limited, and I'm hitting limits more often. But Shopkick did bring back gift kicks under the Discover tab, video kicks, and a lot more big bonus weekends.

There are some tricks to cut down on time wasted going from store to store for walk-in and scans. A lot of times, I find that I don't have to actually walk in to a store to get the walk-in kicks; it's enough to walk, drive or park nearby. Also, when I'm at a big store like Target, which carries a lot of variety of goods that you can also find in other stores (e.g., apparel, groceries, drinks, pharmacy, electronics, cosmetics, etc.), I'll scan the items for Target, then look at the list of other stores (e.g., drug stores, grocery stores, department stores) near me for their scannable items, and if Target has it, I'll just scan it there. You can trick the app's geolocation down to within 1 mile, so it'll credit you kicks for scanning a CVS item at Target if the stores are less than a mile apart. Of course, it helps if you're in a densely populated area with a lot of businesses close to each other.

ETA: I've also been swayed to buy some items featured on Shopkick -- stuff that I needed anyway, but a change in brand if I can earn extra kicks by submitting receipts. I also always have Best Buy scan my Shopkick QR code when redeeming BBY gift cards for other gift cards or buying gift cards with this Amex deal. Both kinds of transactions have always earned kicks. The regular rate is 2 kicks/$1 spent, so today's trip to Best Buy should earn me 1400 kicks -- enough for a $5 BBY gift card. During holidays and Shopkick's Blue Fridays and other promos, the Best Buy's rate goes up to 4 kicks/$1 spent. So if you can hold out on a trip to Best Buy, keep an eye out.

Last edited:
Thanks! Then what were people talking about upthread when they were stacking discounts?

There's an Amex Offer on some cards that earns you an additional Membership Reward point for every dollar spent at BestBuy .com (so $1 would earn 2 MR points; $300 would earn 600 MR points).

Has anyone had their Mr Rebates $$ from BJs purchases move from Pending to Available yet? I have over $100 waiting from various purchases. I am too used to the Ebates instant response.

There's an Amex Offer on some cards that earns you an additional Membership Reward point for every dollar spent at BestBuy .com (so $1 would earn 2 MR points; $300 would earn 600 MR points).

My Amex everyday actually had three offers that I think can stack -- earn an extra point per dollar for spending $7500 on the card before the end of September, earn 1 additional point at best buy, and $30 for $300. The card already earns 1.5x Amex MR points for nonbonus spend (if you make 30 transactions a month), so assuming that I hit the $7500 spend, I think it will be 3.5 points plus 10 percent off a $300 gift card. I value 1050 MR points at around $15.75.

So, not too bad. Still not sure if it's enough for me to jump. I'll register but wait until closer to expiration to buy. I've been getting $20 off $100 or $10 off $50 at officedepot and staples fairly regularly, and usually can load that on multiple cards. Even using a card that only gets me 1x starpoints or 1x MR points, that's a better deal.

Has anyone had their Mr Rebates $$ from BJs purchases move from Pending to Available yet? I have over $100 waiting from various purchases. I am too used to the Ebates instant response.

I have two more weeks until I hit my 90 days. They're still in pending though.

There are some tricks to cut down on time wasted going from store to store for walk-in and scans. A lot of times, I find that I don't have to actually walk in to a store to get the walk-in kicks; it's enough to walk, drive or park nearby. Also, when I'm at a big store like Target, which carries a lot of variety of goods that you can also find in other stores (e.g., apparel, groceries, drinks, pharmacy, electronics, cosmetics, etc.), I'll scan the items for Target, then look at the list of other stores (e.g., drug stores, grocery stores, department stores) near me for their scannable items, and if Target has it, I'll just scan it there. You can trick the app's geolocation down to within 1 mile, so it'll credit you kicks for scanning a CVS item at Target if the stores are less than a mile apart. Of course, it helps if you're in a densely populated area with a lot of businesses close to each other.

Interesting. That explains how I was able to scan the package of Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage that I had in my fridge and get 10 kicks. I'm less than a half mile from Target, as the crow flies. I scanned it every day for three days until it dropped off the app. I just checked and it's back on the Target list so I'll have to try it again when I get home this evening.

Interesting. That explains how I was able to scan the package of Hillshire Farm Smoked Sausage that I had in my fridge and get 10 kicks. I'm less than a half mile from Target, as the crow flies. I scanned it every day for three days until it dropped off the app. I just checked and it's back on the Target list so I'll have to try it again when I get home this evening.

I've done this too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter