***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are great. I was working on the clip art last night but I don't even know how to open it after saving it. I like the dazzle site and also I found that Disneydirect now has t's and sweatshirts that you can personalize. I may have to go that route because I am such a computer novice. We are going in Dec so I have time to get better.

I'm posting now so I can find this later...
I have at least 10 that I've done...I'll post them when I get home...

Here I go again....
Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, Unpack, Repack, and Unpack, Repack, one more time.

It's all for Disney !!!!

Tricialiv said:
I was working on the clip art last night but I don't even know how to open it after saving it.

Here's the option I sometimes use to make designs for tees. When I have my clip art saved, I right click on it. From the menu that comes up, I select "open with". That brings up another menu & from that one I select "paint". Your clip art will appear & you can move it around, write your text, make color changes, etc. At the top of "paint" there is a help section that explains how to use the various functions. Maybe this will help those that aren't able to use Photoshop.

What wonderful ideas! Thanks so much for generously sharing your great ideas. It's hard to pick which one to do first!

Marci

kat6994 -

I just noticed your signature...we must think along the same lines! :wave2: I had something similar on one of our Disney t-shirts! I guess there are a LOT of folks with hurting feet there! :rotfl:

Jimmie D, I sent you a PM. Great shirts!!!

Everyone keep them coming. I love all the ideas.

Chim-Chiminy:
I love what you did with the spray dye!!!! I'm hooked...might have to try!!!!

I tried to make one for DH this last couple of days with the bleach pen...it's ok...I made the Mickey head tooooo big...one ear slightly bled through to the back because it wasn't dry when I removed the board to do the other ear...good thing the shirts were only $4 at Wal-Mart!!!

Back to the drawing board...with only two days to my trip!!! :eek:

okwoodsmith said:
For those not able to open the file, I suspect you do not have the full-blown version of Photoshop. It won't work with Photoshop Elements.

I was able to open it in Photoshop Elements! Woohoo! The photos aren't there but everything else is, and I think I can figure out how to add my own photos. Thanks for posting the file. Its great!

i ahve photoshop but I have NO IDEA how to use it. anywhere I can get a tutorial????

OK...just an update. I've got the shirts, made the stencil, baste stiched the design, I've made my dyes, made the activator to soak shirts in....

Still have left, soak shirts, tye the rest of the shirts, then dye the shirts, and then they have to sit for 24hrs. I'm hoping to have pics done by sometime monday...If all goes well.

zurgswife said:
OK...just an update. I've got the shirts, made the stencil, baste stiched the design, I've made my dyes, made the activator to soak shirts in....

Still have left, soak shirts, tye the rest of the shirts, then dye the shirts, and then they have to sit for 24hrs. I'm hoping to have pics done by sometime monday...If all goes well.

Kimball, I can't wait to see them! I'll bet they're going to be GREAT!! :Pinkbounc :bounce:

OK...I should definatley have the finish product done by tomorrow...I'll post pics whether they turn out or not....hoping that it all works....I just love the mickey head tye dye...

They are soaking as I'm typing..

We did the tye-dye shirts with Mickey on them and they turned out great. We did a couple of medium size ones for the kids--they turned out the best. Mine and DH's were bigger so they didn't turn out quite as well. I guess we didn't use quite enough dye in the creases.I would post pictures but I don't know how. If someone could tell me how, I will post them.
It was alot of fun but took a while to do. We did it as a family though so that cut down on the time. It would have taken me forever if I had had to do all 4.

Thanks for the idea cujochurch!!!!

OK, I went and read up on how to post a picture and I am going to try. Hopefully, it will turn out ok. The two that I am attaching are the two best.

DSCN0217.jpg

DSCN0211.jpg

Man those are huge!!! How can I make them smaller?

Nevermind, I figured out how to make them smaller. Now get your magnifying glass out 'cause I can't figure out how to make them between ant size and elephant size. Sorry!!

zurgswife said:
OK...I should definatley have the finish product done by tomorrow...I'll post pics whether they turn out or not....hoping that it all works....I just love the mickey head tye dye...

They are soaking as I'm typing..

The anticipation... the anticipation!! :goodvibes :Pinkbounc :earsboy:

I'm loving everyone's efforts!! What a wonderful project for families!! princess:

Chim Chiminy, I LOVE your shirts!

For those of us who are tie-dye impaired, ;) I wonder if this Rit sunburst design could be done with three circles instead of one, to make the Mickey head...
tri_T_sunburst_rose.jpg

Ok...Finished my first Mickey Head

IMG_0828_small.JPG

Front

IMG_0829_small.JPG

Back

Pretty Good....I've got finish all 6 before Thurs.....It's going to be close

Nice job Kimball!

How long did it take you from start to finish (including wait times)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter