***Disney Design Addict's Chit Chat,Designs and Pixie Dust! Everybody WELCOME!***

Status
Not open for further replies.
okwoodsmith said:
We had two designs for one of our trips with three families. The first one is my favorite and got the most attention. We did these on orange shirts:
teeone.jpg

The second one we did on red shirts:

teetwo.jpg

JimmieD

those are amazing! How did you make/design those transfers? Can you tell me how or give any tips?

Thanks!

I really like all the t-shirts that were posted and they have given me a lot of good ideas to use to help make mine! But I better get to it as I only have 3 months left( I know that's enough time, but it will be here before I know it)!

Love all the shirts! Where did you get the transfer paper? I've used the kind that Joanne Fabrics sells, but DH and kids complain that the plastic feel from the transfer makes them sweat. Anyone found any lighter kind of transfer paper?

TheSchultzFive--Printshop doesn't support .gif files. You need to save the clipart in bitmap (.bmp) or jpeg (.jpg) format. Right-click the image that you are interested in, and select "save picture as". When the screen pops-up, there is a choice at the bottom, "save as type:". The default for those images is GIF (*.gif), but you can also choose Bitmap (*.bmp). Hope that helps!

Beth

When I download the clipart and go to get it on my pics, it does not come up, the file is there, but the clip art will not appear.... any suggestions? There's just a logo of some kind and it says somethign about not supporting the file???

Hi Everyone,
I love love love all of these shirts on here, however, Someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post a thread on how to do these types of shirts they are awesome.....I LOVE the tye dye shirts with the mickey head on them, however, i am with everyone on the directions, I was with you up until the rubberbanding of the shirt and I got lost....I would love to do something like this, however, I have no idea where to go get the clip art and how to do that.....
Kristy

karebear1 said:
When I download the clipart and go to get it on my pics, it does not come up, the file is there, but the clip art will not appear.... any suggestions? There's just a logo of some kind and it says somethign about not supporting the file???
Thats exactly what happens to me. I'm gonna try to do what bethbuchall just said in her reply.

Nope, Thanks for trying bethbuchall but it still dosen't work. Just like karebear1 said, I do the "save picture as", when the box comes up I changed it to bitmap and hit save. I go to printshop and hit import and the pictures aren't there. there's just a symbol and when I click it it says something like "it's not supported". Anyone know what that means and how we fix it.

twojo21 said:
okwoodsmith how did you make that awesome personalized orange family vacation at wdw tshirts!?!? please tell me i would love to do this for our wdw wedding!

I actually stole the idea from a postcard they sell at WDW. I then recreated it in Photoshop. If you have Photoshop, you're welcome to download the template here. All you have to do is change the text and insert your own photos.

Have fun,
JimmieD

okwoodsmith said:
If you have Photoshop, you're welcome to download the template here. All you have to do is change the text and insert your own photos.

I saved your link but for whatever reason it won't open. Has anyone else been able to successfully download this?

Warning to tye dyers....if you use Ritdye you will not get the colors as shown in the pictures of the poster here. They just don't have the vibrance of dyes meant for tye dyeing and professional dyeing fabrics.

If you'd like info on speciality dyes PM and I'll give you the name of the company I order from..

I'm starting my process today ...when I'm done I'm going to try to have a step by step instructions with pictures...

zurgswife said:
Warning to tye dyers....if you use Ritdye you will not get the colors as shown in the pictures of the poster here. They just don't have the vibrance of dyes meant for tye dyeing and professional dyeing fabrics.

If you'd like info on speciality dyes PM and I'll give you the name of the company I order from..

I'm starting my process today ...when I'm done I'm going to try to have a step by step instructions...

Kimball--when you're done, I'd love step by step instructions. We have a crew of 13 going next February, and I'd love to try to make shirts for us......

I'm sending you a PM now

Debbie

PS--great shirt designs everyone!

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
Nope, Thanks for trying bethbuchall but it still dosen't work. Just like karebear1 said, I do the "save picture as", when the box comes up I changed it to bitmap and hit save. I go to printshop and hit import and the pictures aren't there. there's just a symbol and when I click it it says something like "it's not supported". Anyone know what that means and how we fix it.

Sorry I can't help you out...I just went and tried it the way I wrote it, and it works for me. What version of PrintShop are you using? Maybe that's the difference. I have 5.0.

Beth

What a creative bunch of people you are. All of the designs are all AWSOME! I might just give it a try now.

Wish me luck.

okwoodsmith said:
I actually stole the idea from a postcard they sell at WDW. I then recreated it in Photoshop. If you have Photoshop, you're welcome to download the template here.
Thank you so much for sharing that! Now I just need to figure out which of our family photos should go in there...

What font did you use for the type you added? It seems like it's no longer editable text at this point, unless I'm missing something.

Are you a graphic artist, or do you just play one on TV? You seem very talented in Photoshop, and that's a hard app to learn (I should know, I've been struggling with it on and off for years). Great job!

I saved your link but for whatever reason it won't open. Has anyone else been able to successfully download this?

I am in the same boat here....not able to do this either.....Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter