DISers unite! MAMMOTH MAY MEET Epcot on May 17, 2009!

Oh PLEASE start a photoshare!!! And PLEASE ask me to be in it!!!:goodvibes :flower3: :cheer2: :worship: :worship: :dance3:

Hehe!! I am going to wait until tomorrow to make that decision. If I do, I will restrict it to 4 participants including me. With an understanding that the less participants, the more money it will cost per, however I am willing to do it with just a couple. I'll keep ya posted!:thumbsup2

I was thinking that it would be fun if we could hunt down a photopass photographer in France to take our picture. That way everybody and their families could get in the shot. Can you imagine how big that group would be!

Great idea, Lessa! Wonder if we can get an interesting backdrop - maybe the Eiffle tower?

I'm so excited!! This is going to be HUGE!!:banana:

And thanks for letting me know everyone if a spot opens in your photopass share!! I won't have a ton of pics, since I'll be there with friends and not my family, but I am hoping for a few!!:jumping1:

Hi Ellen! :wave2: I'm showing my ignorance here, but what does a photopass share entail? We are not part of a share, so we may be up for one! Just let me know.

I will be in the world that week and I think I planned Epcot for that day but will have to double check. We are a party of 8 (me & dh & our 2 kids (5 & 2), brother & his DW & their 2 kids (3 & 2). I will double check the days.

Hi mhartel1! Just let us know if you'd like to be part of our group meet. :banana:

Oh Boythe list is growing !! I will need a count before that week for my "Surprise" (Not exploding ) I promise Alan!!!!:lmao:

The list IS growing, isn't it? Glad to know you are not bringing explosive items, Rosie!!! :rotfl2:

Hi Englishrose47! I am a group of 2- myself and my DF Lonnie- and I'm not sure if she posted, but Karajeboo is with us, too, and alone.:dance3:

Can't wait for this!!! Hope we'll be awake- Lonnie and I are doing the sunrise safari that day, so if we're a little out of it, you'll understand why, i hope!:goodvibes

Ellen

Ellen, you and Lonnie should have plenty of time for a nice afternoon nap before 3pm! In fact, I'll bet you all will be ready for a nice draft beer! :drinking1

When the others confirm numbers I predict around 30 - 40 !!!!

:cool1: Cool! That's a nice group of DISers! :thumbsup2

Oh PLEASE start a photoshare!!! And PLEASE ask me to be in it!!!:goodvibes :flower3: :cheer2: :worship: :worship: :dance3:

We will be happy to participate as well!

Yes, please do!! :yay:

Thanks!!!

Hi InDashMP3! I have added you to the list in the first post of this thread!

Hehe!! I am going to wait until tomorrow to make that decision. If I do, I will restrict it to 4 participants including me. With an understanding that the less participants, the more money it will cost per, however I am willing to do it with just a couple. I'll keep ya posted!:thumbsup2

Just let us know! podsnel and myself would be interested. If not, we may start a new one.

Alan

Alan needs to add you to original list I can add you to the count list !!How many will there be of you!!!:thumbsup2

Thanks, Rosie. I added InDashMP3 to our master list on the first post.

Alan

Alan I think you will love the photo Pas Share!! I really want to get the Soarin 'one this time !! Maybe Lessa could post her pix as itis the only one I've seen!! I also want one at AK with simba in arms!! I have Tink and Stitch from 2008 !! So the other 2 are my goal for May!

Hey Alan,

Just checking the updates and I see you had a question on Photopass shares.

You can find them on the Budget Board mostly. I joined the "The Mickey Mouse Mid May 2009 Photopass Share" myself. This will be my first photopass share.

A share entails a courageous "leader" who will pre-order the photopass for $99. (It costs $125 if you order it at the park). For it to work, the leader recruits up to 8 people to share the costs. The leader sets up the photopass account, and assigns dates for everyone in the group to upload their photopass cards to that account. Everyones trip dates have to be similar (with about 4 weeks) so you can get them all in.

Once all cards are uploaded and edited, the leader orders the CD, Disney mails the photopass (with literally hundreds of pictures on it) back to the leader, who then burns the cd and mails them out to the group.

Its a lot of work for a leader, and obviously some trust is involved as if you upload your photos to someone else's account and never get them, you will lose not just the $15, but the photos too.

I read a tip on the DIS that if you do a share, make sure you ask the photopass photographers for 2 cards at the beginning of your stay. Each time you get a photo taken, give BOTH cards to the photographer. That way you have a back up if there are problems.

This is shaping up to be quite a Meet. We can't wait for May.:goodvibes

Alan- when you do a photopass share, from what I understand, you share the same # with other people at Disney at the same time as you. Then one person buys the cd for the $99 or whatever it is, copies it, and all the photoshare peeps get the cd - and split the cost. Or something like that! Hopefully there is someone on here who is doing it or who has done it who can explain it much better than I can!

HAHA! See? Someone was answering MUCH better than I did at the same time!:rotfl:

Alan- when you do a photopass share, from what I understand, you share the same # with other people at Disney at the same time as you. Then one person buys the cd for the $99 or whatever it is, copies it, and all the photoshare peeps get the cd - and split the cost. Or something like that! Hopefully there is someone on here who is doing it or who has done it who can explain it much better than I can!

HAHA! See? Someone was answering MUCH better than I did at the same time!:rotfl:

Actually, you just answered my question exactly. I"m in! If we can get 2 others, it would only be $25 per party! Count me in! Are there others? For now, I will consider that podsnel and myself are in for the photopass share. IF others are interested, just let me know.

Alan

Alan,

I'm definately in for a photopass share. Is someone else starting one in this thread, or are we looking for a leader?

Checking in to "officially" confirm! I had no idea how big this would be!!! And here I thought I was just meeting Ellen!!!

Checking in to "officially" confirm! I had no idea how big this would be!!! And here I thought I was just meeting Ellen!!!

Yes it is getting Huge !! It hasto be heading for a record !!!:thumbsup2
Alan can add you to the list!! I am trying to keep a count so can you let meknow how many !!:thumbsup2

This is getting really exciting!! It would be great to have a photopass photographer there! That is an awesome idea. We could always kidnap one if we have to!;) Can you imagine the photographer when we all hand him our photopass cards to have the picture on our cd's.:lmao:
Looking forward to meeting everyone!! Podsnel, keep working on Cammie;)
Alan and Rosie, thanks for all the work you're doing to get this altogether!!

There is often a photopass photog in France if Sleeping Beauty or Belle is there. I know we grabbed one once just for some pics in front of the fountain.

As for me, I'm coming alone and bunking with Ellen for a couple nights!!!

Morning all !! This is geting very exciting I lovethe PP idea !!:cool1: I will find some autograph books so we can all sign in and let Alan or Lessa be the holders of them so pix can get posted !! We all know Rosie's technacilly challenged !!!:rotfl2:

Hi Alan and Rosie!

Sorry for the delayed response. There will be four of us at the Dis Meet

Me-Leanne
DH Joe
DD3 Josie
DD8 Lindsey

Can't wait to meet everyone!

Hi all! In an above post, Alan had mentioned interest in a PhotoPass Share...Apparently he and podsnel would be interested? Have you guys established/joined one, or shall we start a new one?

Hi all! In an above post, Alan had mentioned interest in a PhotoPass Share...Apparently he and podsnel would be interested? Have you guys established/joined one, or shall we start a new one?

We need to start a new one, I think. Interested?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter