Discounted Annual Passes

Member services just told me that you can't use any tickets to upgrade into this special promo...Anyone at the park who is doing this today, please update us on if you had any success!

See Puffkin's post just below yours. In person she successfully upgraded a MYW pass.

I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade passes over the phone though - you had me scratching my head wondering if it would work.
Phone orders seem to be strictly for new pass sales and AP renewals.

Waiting to hear if anyone is able to upgrade an existing (renewed) AP to the new PAP (cost was less when purchased).

We are going to try and upgrade ours APs that we bought in May to PAP (for the rest of the year) on Thursday so I will report back on my experience.

Rebecca

puffkin said:
Just upgraded my 4 day hopper to the DVC PAP with no issues. What a great deal!

We upgraded one of our 6 day MYW park hoppers to a DVC PAP this AM at Epcot. They didn't back date it to date of first use. It expires on 10/1/13.

twinklebug said:
See Puffkin's post just below yours. In person she successfully upgraded a MYW pass.

I've never heard of anyone being able to upgrade passes over the phone though - you had me scratching my head wondering if it would work.
Phone orders seem to be strictly for new pass sales and AP renewals.

We bought 4 day hoppers with the water park option on our first day which was Saturday. We went to AK this morning and upgraded with zero issues. Took about 5 minutes and the CM said we won the prize as her first DVC upgrade of the day. She seemed pretty prepared for this promotion. I then popped over to Guest Services for our TIW card. Our PAP's were back dated to September 29th. So glad we could utilize this deal as we were going to buy PAPs anyways. It would have been great if we could have done it all right away on Saturday, but it really wasn't too big of a deal today!

SUSIEQ said:
We upgraded one of our 6 day MYW park hoppers to a DVC PAP this AM at Epcot. They didn't back date it to date of first use. It expires on 10/1/13.

Ours were backdated which I expected. For us it really wasn't a big deal since we are coming back in March and August.

Anyone have any luck buying online?

It's available on-line.

Member Privileges > Member Perks > WDW Resort > WDW Annual Pass Savings and More Disney Magic > WDW Annual Pass Savings

Look for the section titled 'How to Purchase a Pass' and click on 'Walt Disney World Ticket Store'.

Just bought ours for next year. With the discount and enough Disney Reward Dollars to cover half of the transaction, that was one of the least painful PAP purchases I've made in a long time. (I didn't even have to close my eyes and hold my breath when I hit the submit button.)

Thanks, Claire!

At first, I wondered why they still had the other DVC pass options available on the web site. I was thinking, "Is someone really going to say, 'No, I insist on paying the regular price!'" Then it occurred to me that these passes need to be redeemed by the end of 2013, so they need to leave the other options up for people who won't be traveling before 2014. Still, I hope no one picks the wrong option.

I have a questions on redeeming the DVC PAPs... I know you need to show your Member ID as well as the photo ID of your immediate family living at the same address but I'd like to know if one person (the Member) can go with the ID's of the folks in household to pick up the AP's.

We are staying at the BCV and I'd like to run over to International Gateway and pick up the AP's and TIW prior to dinner... Can I do that?

Upgrading existing DVC APs seems to be working:

A post from another board:

"Just a quick update for those of you who are interested in upgrading your current AP's to the new DVC AP's. We just upgraded ours this morning at DHS with no problems. Our AP's are DVC renewals which cost less than the $399 price of the new PAP's. We went to guest relations inside DHS around 10:00 this morning, and the girl who helped us knew exactly what to do. I had been really hesitant to try the upgrade on the 1st day, but we wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow, so we gave it a shot. DH and I were both able to do the upgrade, along with our oldest DS (who isn't with us, but needs the new AP for a family trip in April). It cost $44 for the upgrade for the 3 of us. The CM needed our DVC member card, and a photo ID for anyone over 18. It took maybe 5 minutes. This seems to be a great new perk for DVC members."

Not something that you can do over the phone, but looks like it is being done today at the parks...

Me and my husband are dvc owners we have 2 of our kids living with us ages 19 & 21... Can we purchase annual passes for the kids too at that price?

Me and my husband are dvc owners we have 2 of our kids living with us ages 19 & 21... Can we purchase annual passes for the kids too at that price?

From the member website:
Who is eligible to receive the Annual Pass discount?
Disney Vacation Club Members receive a discount on the Pass for themselves and their immediate family residing in the same household only. At the time of purchase or redemption, your Disney Vacation Club Member ID Card must be provided and ALL ADULTS must present a valid driver's license or state identification card showing they reside in the same household.

Who is defined as "immediate family"?
"Immediate family" is defined by Walt Disney World Resort for discount purposes as noted below: Spouse/Registered Domestic Partner, Parent/Step Parent, Mother-In-Law/Father-In-Law, Child/Step Child, Brother/Stepbrother, Sister/Stepsister, Brother-In-Law/Sister-In-Law, Grandparent, and Grandchild.

Yes, so long as their IDs show that they live at the address of the DVC owner there is no problem.

dis2cruise,

You need a photo id for the kids, showing their address is the same as yours.

mac_tlc

"Just a quick update for those of you who are interested in upgrading your current AP's to the new DVC AP's. We just upgraded ours this morning at DHS with no problems. Our AP's are DVC renewals which cost less than the $399 price of the new PAP's. We went to guest relations inside DHS around 10:00 this morning, and the girl who helped us knew exactly what to do. I had been really hesitant to try the upgrade on the 1st day, but we wanted to go to Typhoon Lagoon tomorrow, so we gave it a shot. DH and I were both able to do the upgrade, along with our oldest DS (who isn't with us, but needs the new AP for a family trip in April). It cost $44 for the upgrade for the 3 of us. The CM needed our DVC member card, and a photo ID for anyone over 18. It took maybe 5 minutes. This seems to be a great new perk for DVC members."

Not something that you can do over the phone, but looks like it is being done today at the parks...
Im so irritated by this. I was told today that annual passes are not transferable and got transferred all around. If they can do this in person, they should do on phone. Not fair to those who aren't going to be there in person..

emmababy said:
Im so irritated by this. I was told today that annual passes are not transferable and got transferred all around. If they can do this in person, they should do on phone. Not fair to those who aren't going to be there in person..

Annual passes are not transferable and that's not what was being described in the post you quoted.

Note that this poster had a renewal. That may be key.

OrangeCountyCommuter said:
Note that this poster had a renewal. That may be key.

I think I mentioned that up thread somewhere. A renewal is not the same situation as upgrading an existing AP voucher for the new PAP offer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter