DISboards App

With a responsive design, it will basically shrink the webpage down to fit on a mobile screen. This is useful, but it still displays everything, all avatars, and tags, and signatures, which is a lot to cram into the small space of a mobile screen.

Nope, take a look at the site on a phone. It's been tuned to exclude all that extra noise on the mobile screens. Looks pretty good!

Nope, take a look at the site on a phone. It's been tuned to exclude all that extra noise on the mobile screens. Looks pretty good!

The message view looks great on mobile devices, just the right amount of content for the screen size.

The Threads view does seem a bit more cluttered though, I don't think that has so much of a specific mobile view but just a "narrow browser window" view. Most of it works perfectly fine, but on a phone screen (even a big one) I'm having the devil's own job trying to reliably press the "first unread message" link (the tiny blue dot between the user-avatar and the subject line):
upload_2015-2-3_10-19-3.png

So for the first time in forever, I've actually started using the stylus on my Galaxy Note 3 so I can press the link correctly rather than catching the avatar or the subject line. A little bit more space around the link - or better still a much larger dot - would be very welcome!

Andre

If you click the thread title on a thread you've read before, it will take you to your last unread post. That's what is happening for me on the computer and on my iPhone.

Well so it does! That's pretty neat.

It does now kinda beg the question of what the point of the blue dot is though... :)

Andre

Well so it does! That's pretty neat.

It does now kinda beg the question of what the point of the blue dot is though... :)

Andre

Someone mentioned it's actually a smilie face wearing glasses -- presumably just a symbol indicating there are new unread posts on that thread. (Looks like a circle with a line to me unless I enlarge my screen.)

presumably just a symbol indicating there are new unread posts on that thread.

But as that's already indicated by the bold subject line, which also now links to the fist unread message, the blue dot does seem completely unnecessary and redundant - unless anyone can see to a reason why it's still needed?

Andre

Maybe some people have trouble differentiating bold/unbold? Maybe the blue button is standard on the new software, but we are used to bold/unbold so that was added? Not sure it matters either way.

Maybe some people have trouble differentiating bold/unbold? Maybe the blue button is standard on the new software, but we are used to bold/unbold so that was added? Not sure it matters either way.
This. I find sometimes the contrast just isn't great enough between bold/unbold. The dot is a definite "unread posts" signal for me.

Sayhello

This. I find sometimes the contrast just isn't great enough between bold/unbold. The dot is a definite "unread posts" signal for me.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter