DISboards App

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
The App no longer works, but you should not need it with the new board software.

Please just delete it from your device.

Let's get tapatalk working!

Don't like the forums in a browser. Predictive text does not work if you want to go back and fix it.

Not to mention on an iPad the format doesnt work for some parts it's covered up

And I'm just now finding out that as I type this message the text gets lost beneath the keyboard and does not scroll so I have no idea what I'm typing here

Let's get tapatalk working!

Don't like the forums in a browser. Predictive text does not work if you want to go back and fix it.

Not to mention on an iPad the format doesnt work for some parts it's covered up

And I'm just now finding out that as I type this message the text gets lost beneath the keyboard and does not scroll so I have no idea what I'm typing here

One thing at a time. First we need to focus on getting this software transition complete and stable.

Seconding request for Tapatalk. Installing the tapatalk plugin for xenforo looks pretty trivial. It provides functionality that the web interface doesn't (yes, not even the new mobile interface), especially for those of us who are on a lot of forums.

https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=xnf

If you guys just don't want people using it for some reason (ads, I guess?) please just let us know.

Adding my voice to the please get some sort of mobile app group, even if it costs a few $!

That is definitely not confirmation there will ever be Tapatalk, sorry! I'm not going to lie there are a lot of issues involved. It hasn't been ruled out but for right now this is it

The App no longer works, but you should not need it with the new board software.

Please just delete it from your device.
Sorry , just clarifying. In order to access the boards on my phone I now need to log in to the internet and access that way? Please clarify if I'm incorrect. Thanks.

An app is still definitely needed. There are too many things to see that are very small on a phone. Please don't just dismiss it.

Sorry , just clarifying. In order to access the boards on my phone I now need to log in to the internet and access that way? Please clarify if I'm incorrect. Thanks.

Having to log into the internet, then access the Dis seems like more steps, and more of a pain to me. I'm going to miss the app.

Just logged on with my Galaxy Note 4 and didn't have any trouble. Looks just like this only smaller. Good job. :disrocks:

Having to log into the internet, then access the Dis seems like more steps, and more of a pain to me. I'm going to miss the app.

Just put a web link to your desired landing page on one of your phone's home pages. Much easier than searching for and installing an app to be honest.

Andre

What, the mobile apps no longer work, am I hearing that right? That seems like a couple of steps backwards! To log in to this boards on a mobile devise via the internet just does not do it. Plus my avatar is gone and my post counts is way off...smjj

What, the mobile apps no longer work, am I hearing that right?

While it's probably not what people want to hear, you need to remember that the new boards are running on a completely different software platform, so you can't expect any apps that were custom-written for vBulletin to work with the new XenForo boards.

It'd be a bit like buying a new Pioneer DVD player and expecting your old Sony VHS remote control to work with it.

If the admins want to implement it, a standardised solution such as the Tapatalk interface might work - but they've already put a lot of work into making the new forums responsive and highly adaptable to all screen and device sizes, so I can understand why they would be reluctant to spend a lot more time and effort adding an app which would only do what they've already programmed the boards for anyway. And multiply that by iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, Symbian (!), etc, etc, etc then the idea of apps must get less and less appealing compared to a core product which works on all platforms.

Andre

Last edited:
While it's probably not what people want to hear, you need to remember that the new boards are running on a completely different software platform, so you can't expect any apps that were custom-written for vBulletin to work with the new XenForo boards. It'd be a bit like buying a new Sony DVD player and expecting your old Pioneer VHS remote control to work with it.

Andre
Apps can be written or re-written for any platform. People use them all the time for just about everything...smjj

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter