Dis Meet for New England/MA/Greater Boston

We are in Southern NH, originally from Ma. A did meet up would be fun. Not sure what plans are in the works, but Sunday is generally a good day ...husband works most Saturdays.

For anyone favoring a Boston meet, there's a lovely park right next to the Marriott Long Wharf. It's just across the street from Faneuil Hall, so folks could grab takeout there and meet at the park. I think it's called Christopher Columbus Waterfront Park (because it's also right next to the North End.)

Joe's American Bar & Grill is right there too and they probably also do takeout. Great burgers, etc.

Another Rhode Islander here. I'm also willing to drive more than 5 miles - of course, I used to live in CA where they think nothing of driving a few hours to go someplace. DH and I would definitely be interested.

I'm interested -- years ago when I worked in Acton for DEC, we used to drive out to Kimball's at lunchtime a lot!

I think the Kimballs plan is great. Sounds like a fun place and so far it seems like lots of folks sound interested. Glad this is moving forward.
Unfortunately I can not attend a June or July event. During those two months we have a WDW trip planned and an upcoming wedding.

I am interested in meeting in Boston on a Sunday in May. Anyone able to meet on May 15th or May 22nd?

So I called Kimball's today there is two party's The ice cream social and the BBQ the link of whats included is below.There is a 40 person min the prices are for the BBQ $57.50 per adult $47.50 for kids.The ice cream social is $32.95 per adult $29.95 for kids.They need 25 percent down to hold the date.There is a 15 percent service fee on top of the total of guests prices.So for 40 adults it is $32.95 times 40 plus 15 percent.Far as the GKTW idea we could do the power of ten so add $10.00 to each ticket and the proceeds goes to GKTW.We could contact Pete or Dave Parfitt and try to get Pete to donate something of his and raffle it off kind of like he is doing with Ebay.So thats the story for now what do you think?

http://www.kimballfarm.com/corporate.shtml

If there is a meet after September, I would love to be there. We just got orders for Westover AFB in Chicopee and are moving in August and I know virtually nothing about MA except there is some awesome cool historical sites I will be visiting while we live there!

Thanks for organizing and passing along the info. Definitely interested depending on the dates. We have several get-aways scheduled in July and August. :thumbsup2

I'm in Bellingham MA on the RI border... I'm interested

Am I the only Guy?

pop

Hey neighbor, Franklin here. If we can make it I'll be draging my DH along. Reluctantly but he will be there. Haven't been to a meet in a 8 years.

I'm interested for a meet!

I'm in Bellingham MA on the RI border... I'm interested

Am I the only Guy?

pop

We are in Millville! DH is from Bellingham.
Hey neighbor, Franklin here. If we can make it I'll be draging my DH along. Reluctantly but he will be there. Haven't been to a meet in a 8 years.
Ds is supposed to have a soccer game in Franklin on this lovely rainy day ;)

I'm interested for a meet!

We are in Millville! DH is from Bellingham.

Ds is supposed to have a soccer game in Franklin on this lovely rainy day ;)

I remember those day. My children all played sports. DH used to be President of The Franklin Baseball and Softball ***. and The Pop Warner Football Program. It was year round sports in our house. Some of the GC play sports and we do make a few games.

Good luck on this rainy Saturday. I hated those muddy cloths. Especially those muddy football outfit and those smelly wrestling outfit.

Looking forward to meeting some new Disers. :goodvibes

The Southwick Zoo in Mendon is also a fun family place to meet.

Jill

I love the Southwick Zoo! Haven't been there in years. I think that they have some group packages too.

I remember those day. My children all played sports. DH used to be President of The Franklin Baseball and Softball ***. and The Pop Warner Football Program. It was year round sports in our house. Some of the GC play sports and we do make a few games.

Good luck on this rainy Saturday. I hated those muddy cloths. Especially those muddy football outfit and those smelly wrestling outfit.

Looking forward to meeting some new Disers. :goodvibes
His game ended up being cancelled (thank goodness, much to do today!) I'll have to visit Franklin another day! ;)
The Southwick Zoo in Mendon is also a fun family place to meet.

Jill

I love the Southwick Zoo! Haven't been there in years. I think that they have some group packages too.
LoL! we live on the same road as Southwicks!

Due to obligations out of my control I am sad to say I can not move forward on setting up this DIS meet maybe another time. I hope somebody picks up the idea and there is no hard feelings. :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter