DIS DVC 5001 Point Club!

So 5,000 points is $1m initial upfront and $35-40k/yr maintenance. I’m just sayin’ but I would think a nice little house that you own in the area would be a better idea… and you get FL residency with the no tax on your income!!!

;)
Trust me - we compared our snow-birding costs with DVC & our 970 points to buying/renting properties in Florida. We have no desire/intention to stay longer than 8-10 weeks during winter. With a total buy in of right around $100K (over a 12 year span, includes Direct & Resale)
and MF s of -$8K/year, we think we picked the best option for us. Our snow-bird home(s) come with perks that can’t be matched off-property.

We were curious and toured Golden Oak in 2018. IIRC smallest house was $5-10 million... in 2018! So 25,001 Point Club to compare apples to apples?!
The only Grand Villa/Cabin/Bungalow-class rooms that 25,001 points gets for a year are:
  • Saratoga Springs Treehouse - 17.3k
  • Old Key West Grand Villa - 22.3k

How far 25,001 gets you at other Grand Villa/Cabin/Bungalow-class rooms at WDW:
  • Poly Bungalow - 5.4 months
  • VGF Grand Villa - 5.7 months
  • BLT Theme Park View GV - 6.3 months
  • RIV Grand Villa - 6.3 months
  • Copper Creek Grand Villa - 6.8 months
  • Copper Creek Cabin - 7.1 months
  • BLT Standard View GV - 7.5 months
  • BWV Grand Villa - 8.3 months
  • AKV Savannah View GV - 8.5 months
  • SSR Preferred GV - 8.6 months
  • AKV Standard View GV - 9.4 months
  • SSR Standard GV - 9.8 months

These are averages, I suppose you could choose lower points types of year to be thrifty with your measly 25,001 points.

The only Grand Villa/Cabin/Bungalow-class rooms that 25,001 points gets for a year are:
  • Saratoga Springs Treehouse - 17.3k
  • Old Key West Grand Villa - 22.3k

How far 25,001 gets you at other Grand Villa/Cabin/Bungalow-class rooms at WDW:
  • Poly Bungalow - 5.4 months
  • VGF Grand Villa - 5.7 months
  • BLT Theme Park View GV - 6.3 months
  • RIV Grand Villa - 6.3 months
  • Copper Creek Grand Villa - 6.8 months
  • Copper Creek Cabin - 7.1 months
  • BLT Standard View GV - 7.5 months
  • BWV Grand Villa - 8.3 months
  • AKV Savannah View GV - 8.5 months
  • SSR Preferred GV - 8.6 months
  • AKV Standard View GV - 9.4 months
  • SSR Standard GV - 9.8 months

These are averages, I suppose you could choose lower points types of year to be thrifty with your measly 25,001 points.

Ok so we really need the 50,001 point option to compare apples to apples.
🤣 love it 🥰!

Take away: when faced with the choice between Poly Bungalow (and therefore any Grand Villa in the DVC Portfolio) and Golden Oak $10 million dollar higher-end home (ETA: https://mickeyblog.com/2018/04/26/everything-need-know-golden-oak/), the rational person will choose the points. End of debate. Mic drop…

Click ➡️ here to read about the 1st step in our DVC journey to 1152 points.

Last edited:

OMG Dibs on Sat before the start of my Favorite Weeks 51+52 at AUL Ocean View Grand Villa! -emchen (aka DVCRaisinDebt)
I actually just rent out all of the grand villas in an entire tower each time I go and rappel from balcony to balcony with the Hawaiian breeze in my face.

Exciting new updates! :cool1:

We got our new club jet this week, and we'll be sending out a schedule so everyone can coordinate their vacation travel:
View attachment 789960
Good,
I was going to ask about this availability as we need to firm up our plans. On a side note, I was able to secure our "Club Yacht" I've already received approval for member use on all WDW waterways. (AKA: SoFondaPoints) 1693600738007.png

Last edited:
I can only dream to be worthy of the 5001 club one day. In a somewhat joking chat with my guide he did let me know that if we get close to 4000 points he can work to get us approval to go above that "typical" limit for non business owners of DVC. I very much doubt we'll ever break over 3000 to 3500 points even if all my career and investment plans continue as planned for the next 20 years.

I just looked it up and we almost own enough points to spend 21 nights in a CCV cabin each year. That sounds like an fun retirement thing to do :)

Or get 3 cabins for 14 nights with a little over 2 years points. The month of June at the Grand Cal is only about 1300 points for a 1BR.... lots of fun retirement options. As long as the dues don't become too much as we approach retirement...

Update! We are expecting the rollout of a new 5001 point club lounge as part of upcoming member perks, more details are to follow but you can read about it (between the lines) here:

https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-men...usive-spaces-for-members-at-walt-disney-world

I've heard rumors that this lounge will allow teleportation without error* from the lounge(s) at WDW to the lounge at Disneyland using some weird tech with Dr. Strange and other people doing a lot of circular hand gestures.

* Per Disney's legal department people only ended up inside walls, the Matterhorn, or on the tracks of the Monorail about 3% of the time and this is technically within the "without error" allowed by the law.....

Oftentimes people think the 5001 Point Club is filled with snooty and privileged people. But this is untrue, we are just normal Disney folks.

So of course, when the footman is holding our place in line at Space Mountain, we take the opportunity to pop into the lounge, recharge, and grab a snack just like everyone else.
1703000815960.png

Oftentimes people think the 5001 Point Club is filled with snooty and privileged people. But this is untrue, we are just normal Disney folks.

So of course, when the footman is holding our place in line at Space Mountain, we take the opportunity to pop into the lounge, recharge, and grab a snack just like everyone else.
View attachment 818843
Wait the 5001 Point Club can't simply skip the lines? 🥴

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter