DIS DVC 5001 Point Club!

I believe that there has to be 2 people listed on the deed to get over 4,000 There are some people maxed out at 8,000 points.
8000 points shoosh! I’d love it but could not afford $6000 dues EVERY MONTH lol. Would need to rent out 5000pts/yr.

Ahem...
Yes, this is a real thread on The DIS Disney Discussion Forums.

I will make reaching 5001 points my raison d’être! -emchen (aka DVCraisindebt)

@Stargazer65 I better see my alias with 5001 up there next time you update!
@Stargazer66: DVCRaisinDebt cuz getting to 5001 DVC points is my Raison d'Etre! Get it? 😜
Screw it :rolleyes:

We go to WDW/DL a lot (or at least I think we do), including at some high-points times of year. And it would possible but tough for us to even use 5,000 points consistently. It's basically only possible when maximizing the room category. Yes, we could rent to cover dues, or gift more stays to friends/families, but using the points ourselves would be tough.

• In 2021, we had 53 nights of DVC stays for ourselves or gifted to family.
  • In 2022, we had 38 nights of DVC stays.
  • In 2023, we will have had 'just' 33 nights of DVC stays.
  • In 2024, we will have had 67 nights of DVC stays, some gifted to friends.
We are following your lead -
2021 - 29 Nights
2022 - 49 Nights
2023 - 57 Nights
2024 - 64 Nights booked
serious question— how does one even use 5,000+ pts a year????

(#400pointer)
We've ramped up from 210 points to 970 between 2011 and 2023. If we had 5001 points, using them ALL in studios, we could conceivably stay for 7-8 months, based on std view availability !! o_O
Think we could claim Florida residency if we exceeded 6 months in a given year ??:P

We are following your lead -
2021 - 29 Nights
2022 - 49 Nights
2023 - 57 Nights
2024 - 64 Nights booked

We've ramped up from 210 points to 970 between 2011 and 2023. If we had 5001 points, using them ALL in studios, we could conceivably stay for 7-8 months, based on std view availability !! o_O
Think we could claim Florida residency if we exceeded 6 months in a given year ??:P
So 5,000 points is $1m initial upfront and $35-40k/yr maintenance. I’m just sayin’ but I would think a nice little house that you own in the area would be a better idea… and you get FL residency with the no tax on your income!!!

;)

Last edited:
So 5,000 points is $1m/yr and $35-40k/yr maintenance. I’m just sayin’ but I would think a nice little house that you own in the area would be a better idea… and you get FL residency with the no tax on your income, which would (personally) save us as much in maintenance bc we are in a high tax city/state!

;)
Sorry, I can see the $35-$40k/yr maintenance, but what’s the $1m/yr? Did you mean to say $1m buy-in (one-time cost)?

So 5,000 points is $1m/yr and $35-40k/yr maintenance.
Sorry, I can see the $35-$40k/yr maintenance, but what’s the $1m/yr? Did you mean to say $1m buy-in (one-time cost)?
As @CarolynFH points out, dues are about right, but there is no other annual cost, and also you should be able to keep your initial buy-in well below a million, and even below half a million unless you want the pricier home resorts.
I’m just sayin’ but I would think a nice little house that you own in the area would be a better idea… and you get FL residency with the no tax on your income, which would (personally) save us as much in maintenance bc we are in a high tax city/state!
Maybe... but that can't compare to all the incredible perks and benefits of belonging to the 5001 point club!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter