DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #6 (5/21 - 5/27)

Yzerbear -

Thanks again for hosting I am sooooooooooooooooo excited :woohoo:

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with in the next challenge.

Congrats to the winners and congrats to Cassiopeia for being the first feline judge of a DIS digi-scrappers challenge!!

So, Yzerbear is an actual bear? Is there a story? It sound like there should be. I'm curious about the bear!

ETA, here is the link to challenge #7!

Honorable Mention: Cassie's Choice - This one doesn't win a prize, but Cassie really liked the Stitch layout by Tinker326 since Stitch is her idol. They have a lot in common. I'm not sure who's "badness" level is higher!

Congrats to Kswm30b and Disney Baby!!!​

Thanks for the honorable mention! My layouts have never been picked by a cat before. My cats will be proud! :)

Congrats to the winners!!!!!! Good job!

So, Yzerbear is an actual bear? Is there a story? It sound like there should be. I'm curious about the bear![/URL]
Yes, Yzerbear is a real bear. :) He is a beanie bear made by Salvinos. Back in 1999 they made quite a few beanie bears that represented players from different sports and different teams. They had 3 for the Red Wings: Steve Yzerman, Brendan Shanahan, and Sergei Fedorov. Shanny was always my sister's favorite. She found hers at a Meijers near us in the spring of 1999. He went with her to WDW later in the spring when she competed at the Nationals for DECA. The Yzerman was nearly impossible to find. When we went to Dayton, OH that summer for the airshow I found one at the mall there. And since he needed a name and he was a bear I changed it from YzerMAN to YzerBEAR. And later when I was setting up my AOL I picked that as my screen name and have used it ever since. My one brother refers to my sister and I as the Bears because her nickname is SB or ShannyBear. Ever since we got them they have traveled with us everywhere we go. They've even had their photo taken with the Stanley Cup in Toronto in 2000:

Bears-Cup.jpg

The picture in my avatar is Yzerbear in front of the White House from 2004. They are sort of our vacation mascots. I thought I had more pictures uploaded, but I don't.

So that is the story of Yzerbear. He also has had his photo taken with one of the players on the Wings, but not Yzerman. :( Maybe someday it will happen.

Thanks for the honorable mention! My layouts have never been picked by a cat before. My cats will be proud! :)

Congrats to the winners!!!!!! Good job!
You're welcome. :) Cassie actually likes to help us scrapbook. :) ::yes:: :lmao:

CriCAT.jpg

Cassie5.jpg

Cassie6.jpg

Ahh I remember seeing those pics when you first got the bug, but I didn't remember them as yours! Thanks for the story of your name and bear, I wondered about it a few times!

Congrats to the winners, all the LOs were lovely!

:cool1: CONGRATS to the winners!! I'm PMing you your prize links right now. . . . :cool1:

Melissa - You are too funny. The way you announced the winners was AWESOME! You rock. Thanks for this awesomely fun challenge!!

Jen - I LOVE your Mickey LO!! I love how you journaled all around the edges.

Geri - Gotta love Eeyore! This is a VERY cute page. I love that he's your fave!! My MIL loves him too!! :)

Yay!! I'm so excited, thank you. :) And I didn't even have to bribe Cassie!

Congrats also to Disney Baby, and really to everyone else. You guys are amazing, I hope you know that!! I've kind of looked at digital scrapbook pages before, but other than some exceptions, most seemed too digital-looking for me. Everyone here makes such amazing layouts, they look so real, like I can reach out and touch them, and I would actually feel paper. Does that make sense? I hope so! That's why I continued to stick around in these threads, and I guess get sucked in myself.

Thanks for the fun challenge, Yzer! And thanks to your sister, and of course, Cassie, too.

Thanks for the awesome challenge Yzerbear and congratulations to the winners. Everyone's LO's were amazing. :thumbsup2

Marilee

HI- I am totally new to the Digi scrapping and to DisBoards in general! I am a MB girl and just came here to gte even MORE knowledge!!! LOVE the layouts! You are all SO talented! I can paper scrap like a maniac and I am on the computer sooo much that I am going to digi scrap our Disney trips! If anyone has any "can't live without knowing this tip for a newbie" help for me--- please send me your thoughts! I am thinking of purchasing the Disney CM kit for their program and would LOVE to share layouts with anyone who is willing. These layouts are blowing my mind. I know they take time and money for you initially---- and I would be more than happy to share mine as soon as I learn the programs..... (I have PSE too....)

So, thank you for the ideas... and if you are willing to share a layout with me I would be greatful!!!

thanks again!
Theresa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter