DIS Digi-Scrappers Challenge #15 (7-23 thru 7-29)

DisneyCruiser2008

DIS Veteran
Hi Ladies! I am hosting the challenge this week. (First time for me!)

I was working on my LOs last night trying to think of a challenge, and it struck me that there are soooo many wonderful night time Disney moments (parades, shows, night rides, deck parties on the Disney Cruise, etc. etc.)! Lots of night time magic! So the theme this week is "Disney After Dark." Here goes:

1) You photos will need to reflect night time or after dark Disney moments.

2) Please use an even number of photos.

3) All photos need to be askew.

4) There needs to be at least one circle element or paper or picture in your LO.

4) Entries for this challenge must be posted here in the thread (with proper credit or a link to the credits if possible) no later than midnight on Tuesday, 7/29.

5) Most of all -- HAVE FUN!

A big HUGE THANK YOU to HAPPY SCRAP GIRL over at ScrapMatters.com for donating two fab alphas for our prizes for our two winners this week. Aren't these soooo cute??? THANK YOU, THANK YOU HSG!!!!

hsg_geta_LRG.jpg

http://scrapmatters.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=308

hsg_ct_LRG.jpg

http://scrapmatters.com/shop2/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&products_id=386

I did 2 layouts last night that meet the criteria.... The Electrical Parade one was inspired by some of the fab LOs I've seen here on the DIS!

ElectricalParade-Page039.jpg

Credits: http://scrapmatters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-8014

Fantasmic-Page039.jpg

Credits: http://scrapmatters.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-8035

Just wanted to say that your pages are awesome! Are they real or digital I can't tell?!

Just wanted to say that your pages are awesome! Are they real or digital I can't tell?!

Thanks so much! They are digital --- but I think it's really cool when people can't tell.... I like them to look as "real" as possible -- but without the mess! LOL!

AHHH! IT's killing me that I'm out of Disney pics... :(
Maybe I just need to start borrowing pics off the net! lol What a fun challenge! I'm going to see if I might find a pic stashed somewhere!

I try to borrow pics for nighttime shows too! HAHA... mine don't always turn out the best. When I did my Fantasmic LO, I used Mark Barbieri's pics. :goodvibes

Hmmmmm . . . will have to look to see what I have. I usually don't have many night pictures since my camera doesn't do that well with the night pictures.

I borrowed most of my pics for my Electrical Parade and Fantasmic LOs off of Flickr..... Most of the pics with my camera looked like black blobs with white dots.... Just didn't seem to cature the essence of the shows!! LOL!!!

OK...this might get me tossed off the board...but we didn't even go to anything at night! Well, OK, we did EAT at Chef Mickey's at 9 p.m. (Way to plan ahead, huh?)

I do solemnly swear to do better by my kids this trip....we're set to go back March 2009!!!!!

I borrowed pics back when I scrapped my Fantasmic page too. It's impossible to get nice pics of it unless you've got great equipment.

FUN CHALLENGE CHRISTY! I'm so excited. Disney after dark is my FAVE time at Disney!!!

Now this is a challenge I can sink my teeth into!! I have some more nighttime pics still to scrap from my trip. If anyone needs to steal some pics, you are welcome to use some of mine, too (they aren't as good as Mark's, but some of them are OK!)

I only use my own pictures, I hate using anyone else's. A huge part of scrapping for me IS displaying my pictures. *shrug* I think I've used someone else's pics only twice (and they weren't even night pictures ;))

Need to figure out what I can scrap for this challenge! I've already scrapped several of our big night moments, and I'm not sure what I'm planning for the ones I have left.

I felt that way too, which is why I don't borrow pics often. But I wanted a nice LO for Fantasmic and my pictures just weren't gonna cut it! I think I've done most of my night time stuff, but I think I have Wishes still to do.

I've borrowed pictures a couple of times mostly because my photos from Wishes didn't turn out at all. :( I wish I could get some like kswm30b, whose Wishes photos are AWESOME!!! You'll have to share your secrets before my next trip. ;) And I'm seriously thinking of getting a new camera before we go.

I got my layout done! :) Just waiting for it to burn onto the disc to post. I found a Photopass photo we had taken at night. We actually found quite a few when we went to WDW, especially at EPCOT.

Will be back to post mine in a few minutes. :)

Here is my entry:

MagicNight-SM.jpg

CREDITS

I hope the small picture is askew enough. I would turn it and it would always look like I hadn't turned it at all since I cut it into a circle. That photo is one of the few that turned out with my camera. It was fine as long as no people were in the photo, but I tried to get us in the picture it would be blurry and weird. The main photo is a Photopass picture. We were waiting for dinner at the Crystal Palace and we found a photopass photographer not far so we got some photos while we waited. LOL

Great challenge! :)

Yzerbear -- That is soooo pretty... The papers and embellishments you chose accentuate the castle perfectly!! Adorable! The castle at night is soooo magical!

Christy - thanks for hosting! I love this theme! Your layouts are so beautiful!

Melissa - love your layout, too! You capture the magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter