DIS Circle Journal III - Changes in Mailing Order :+)

Hm.. Grayfal is out of tone this weekend- so she will let everyone know monday about space... but lets see if I can answer the other questions...
-----
Ohana - "Ooh, this sounds like so much fun. I wish I could join. I've never done one before, but I'm very tempted. The only problem is we're about 80% sure we'll be moving to Orlando in June of next year. How would THAT work out? It probably wouldn't. "

Not 100% sure - you would still be expected to complete a page in that month - and send off the book so that they are all still moving one month around... So I think it is a question of do you think you could still do the pages before, during, and after the move. Really a change of address shouldn't be to difficult to make... more weather you think your scrapping stuff will be the last thing in the moving boxes and the first thing out of them :)
-------

tammy/mom of two "I would be interested in participating in this. A couple of questions: Do you send pictures along with your album or do the other participants use their own? Can your topic be about anything as long as it is Disney and lastly am I to late to sign up?"

To start off you come up with a theme for you book... then you fill out a page in your book pbased on your theme (for example - I am doing favorite character) So I will make a page about STITCH :teeth: --- then I will mail my book to the next person on the list and they will make a page about their favorite character with photos from there trips... Really think of it as a way to make new friends thru scrapbooking and a way to meet 11 other ladies with the same interests as you - Scrapping and Disney. - Topic can be anything as long as it is Disney...

As for space - Gray will let you know on Monday ... SHe is the one coordinating it - I beleive there will be a total of 12 participants so that there are 12 months filled of Disney scrapping - then your book would be back to your home :wizard: completed with 12 different layouts and stories!

-------

as for everyone else I am so excitred that so many people are interested!!! YEAH!

Plan for some more info on MOnday when Gray get back.

Have a Disney filled weekend!
Laura

Grayfal,

Please change my maybe on the first page to a definite. I have thought it through researched it some more and decided I want to participate for sure. Now to think of a topic and start on a book.

Becky

Well, what the heck, count me in. I've looked through the thread and it appears that we have about 16-17 people interested. What happens if we have so many? Can we break it down to two groups of 12 or 8? It seems that more and more people are trickling in and wanting to join the fun, so our group will only grow :grouphug: Anyway, I'd love to participate. I'll deal with the moving issue when it comes up. I'm too much of a scrappaholic to keep my scrap stuff packed away. So a theme.....

I just organized a ton of my scrap stuff tonight :banana: ... I just hate it when random stuff just ends up all mixed together :confused3 . Anyways, got my pics all set, been thinking of ideas, and I'm ready to go! :Pinkbounc LOL!

We just went last month :teeth: and I had over 500 digital photos printed. :rotfl: . I've got to do my family album, help my dd with hers (mostly supervise, and gasp, share my stuff :earseek: , and do a little one for my ds. AND now, the CJ! Woo hoo!! :wave:

(wow, I sure put in a lot of little smiley things, LOL!)

YIKES........you guys are quick!
Thanks Laura.......keep up the good work...it is tough work laying out in the sun by the bay :sunny: :boat: :sunny:

Okay, I have closed the circle at 15.

At the end of the journey, your journal will have 15 - 2 page layouts. The scrapbook I purchased for the CJ II has 4o pages so this will still work with the number of proposed participants.
Please keep this is mind when you buy your SB.......

Is everyone okay with this setup ?????
In order to keep this to a year, we would have to mail out every 25 days or...
We may have to change our LOGO.....

Will check back tomorrow....back to the BEACH!

Is everyone okay with this setup ?????
In order to keep this to a year, we would have to mail out every 25 days or...
We may have to change our LOGO.....

Yikes! I'd rather we change the logo and extend it to 15 months than try to cram it into one year. What with mailing time, I'm afraid that might result in a very narrow window to meet the deadline for mailing it out again. Anyone else okay with making it 15 months?

Me too! 15 months seems very much more doable than rushing through it.

ETA: Just one of my many questions that will probably pop up, but what kind of book do we need to get? One with top loading insert-type refills or a book with just paper in it that everyone mounts pages to?

I am ok with the 15th month thing... that would make it end in January of 07!!! Oh my goodness that sounds so far away ... HAHA.

I purchased a book this weekend that was wire ring bound that had 60 pages I think... It is 6x8... Not sure if that helps anyone - I purchased it at AC Moore this weekend... I plan to start working on it tonight - so I will try and post a photo if I get anything done...

I can't wait to start recieving the books from everyone... YEAH!

Have a great Monday all!
Laura :cheer2:

Either time frame is fine with me. I am still working on what type of book I want. I was thinking of getting a CM 7x7 and sending it along without the covers (has anyone done that?) I might just end up with a wire bound 6x8 from AC Moore ..

ljb9539 said:
I am ok with the 15th month thing... that would make it end in January of 07!!! Oh my goodness that sounds so far away ... HAHA.

Have a great Monday all!
Laura :cheer2:

:rotfl: '07 does sound so far away!!! If everyone wanted to, maybe we could "tweak" the starting date just a little to end in 06??

happy Monday! :wave:

Does anyone think they would be ready to start swapping in September?
Then it would end in Dec of 06. A great "present" in the mail for each of us in that month - our finished books?

What do you ladies think of that? :hourglass

Sounds good to me. I'd love to get my finished book back during that busy season and be able to sit down and get to know some of my new scrapping friends from all over!
But I'm still stuck on a theme. I'll have to do some fast thinking and quick scrappin'.
I got an 8x8 book with page protectors that has top loading pages. I hope that will work. I'll put 2 white sheets in each page, that way if anyone has brads or other embellishments, it won't interrupt someone else's page. Will that work? Or should I get a spiral?

Oh that is a great Idea .. Our finished books just in time for the holiday!!

oh edit to add -- I almost got a 8x8 top load but then decided it was going to cost me as much as the 7x7 CM books so I didn't get it but you bring up a great point about the adding of brads ect.. is one better then the other type ??

Hmm, now I've got to get to work quickly and acquire a book. I'd hate to be late at the start of all this fun.

I did make a decision on the theme though. The Little Things. What small touches have caught your attention so that you just had to take a picture (or two, or three)? All those special little touches that add up to make Disney the most magical place of all...

patchchild said:
Hmm, now I've got to get to work quickly and acquire a book. I'd hate to be late at the start of all this fun.

I did make a decision on the theme though. The Little Things. What small touches have caught your attention so that you just had to take a picture (or two, or three)? All those special little touches that add up to make Disney the most magical place of all...

Ohh Patchchild --- that one is interesting... hmmm... I will have to think about that one... :) hmmmm...

patchchild...that's a great idea!

re: what kind of book....I got the one that GrayFal mentioned in the first post...(I don't even remember the name of it, LOL).

I could definitely be ready in Sept if that's what everyone wants to do...

Have a great night! :teeth:

Since the people who posted want to go with 30 days instead of 25 - monthly it is.

I purchased a Canson Book which is the kind that you would either do your layouts directly on the page or glue your layout to the page. It is spiral bound and does not have page protectors.

I also just received a 40% coupon from Joannes in the mail, so be on the lookout!

Most of the "work" of doing the CJ is your own book the first month - if everyone feels they have enougt time to purchase and complete their own book by Sept 15, I am happy to start and do the first mailing by that date.

Will do the yahoo group later tonight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter