Dining Reservation Rush

roctavia

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if Disneyland is as intense for dining reservations as WDW. Do I need to be up at 6am to get what I want? or is it only a few restaurants that go fast?
I do want to dine at the Blue Bayou since we've never been there and maybe Oga's. We are also looking at a Goofy's Kitchen dinner to start the trip and maybe Storytellers brunch to end it...

It sounds like BB can be harder to get, but do I need to worry much about other places if I look later in the day 60 days out?

Just wondering if Disneyland is as intense for dining reservations as WDW. Do I need to be up at 6am to get what I want? or is it only a few restaurants that go fast?
I do want to dine at the Blue Bayou since we've never been there and maybe Oga's. We are also looking at a Goofy's Kitchen dinner to start the trip and maybe Storytellers brunch to end it...

It sounds like BB can be harder to get, but do I need to worry much about other places if I look later in the day 60 days out?
Blue Bayou and Oga's you will need to be up at 6 (or before as sometimes they drop a bit early) but there are days where the don't drop all the reservations at 6 AM so if you don't get it that may mean they are delayed for some reason and might show up another day completely. Annoying I know!

Storeyteller's and Goofy's unless you are trying for like a party of 10 they will be available for at least a few hours if not a few days.

If you don’t get BB or Oga’s the paid dining alert has worked very well for me for both those locations (and Storytellers and Lamplight as well.) The 2-hr cancellation window also means more last minute ressies are available, so don’t give up hope. Oga’s also has a walk up wait list.

A couple weeks ago I tried for Blue Bayou right at 6 and got nothing. A few days later a bunch opened up at once so I don’t think any were released that first day.

Great input from everyone!! I'm still trying to figure out where we want to go but we have a longish trip, so I've got flexibility/several days we could do BB or Oga's. It's good to know which ones will be harder to get... still trying to review all the dining options and decide on stuff like Trader Sams etc. Too...

Also, is it 6 am California time?

Yea, I found it to be 6 am California time. And I’ve had good luck getting almost everything I missed using Mouse Dining alerts.

I used the free mouse dining alerts and got BB within days of signing up. Just set your phone to alert you when an email comes in.

Yes, you should check right at 6am PST, but I've seen then drop early sometimes. If there's something you really want try for that first. Some reservations, like Oga's or BB, are gone within minutes or even seconds.

You mentioned Traders Sams…. Can I get those online?
Yes, you can get Trader Sams on line. Also, if you don't get a reservation for Oga's the standby system is available. You just need to be "close" to Oga's to try for one.

You mentioned Traders Sams…. Can I get those online?

Worth a mention that you can try for Trader Sam's walk-up, but even if you get that with a not-too-long wait, there's slim to no chance of getting inside (which is what most people want because of all the fun interactive stuff and decor). Instead, if there's any availability, you'll be sitting outside. If it's just the food and drink you're after, you can go to the adjacent Tangaroa Terrace, which is a qs location but has all the same menu stuff.

Worth a mention that you can try for Trader Sam's walk-up, but even if you get that with a not-too-long wait, there's slim to no chance of getting inside (which is what most people want because of all the fun interactive stuff and decor). Instead, if there's any availability, you'll be sitting outside. If it's just the food and drink you're after, you can go to the adjacent Tangaroa Terrace, which is a qs location but has all the same menu stuff.
Counter point, my wife and I walked up in November, waited about 20 minutes, and got two seats at the Bar. So, it's worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Oh my god, I got mine at exactly 6am PST and by 6:03 all reservations for the entire day were gone.
One day I went to get my reservation while I was at work. I’m a teacher and kids were in my classroom hanging out before class for like 10 minutes. Then all of a sudden one minute before reservations open a kid came up with a question about an assignment and I was freaking out in my head thinking “you’ve been sitting in my room for ten minutes and NOW you have a question!” I was professional though and answered the question with seconds to spare and luckily got my Trader Sam’s reservation! 🙂
Then next day I had to make reservations I ducked out of my classroom and hid from the students!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter