Dining Plan says includes appetizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I rec'd that I would contact Disney and let them know they sent an incorrect brochure.
Besides what others have posted here, anyone can get a past years brochure and claim they rec'd it in the mail for their current stay. How would anyone, whether be front desk or server, know when the guest actually rec'd the brochure?
Somene could show any previous brochure for anything and claim they just rec'd it.

If you received that it was in error, and you know that by reading on here. I would contact Disney and let them know what happened, but I would not expect anything in return and don't think you will get anything extra from them.

Between phone calls and posts on various internet boards Disney should already be aware of the situation.

There isn't any reason why Disney can't send out a letter with a copy of the correct brochure. Include a coupon for something free. Could be a pin, an appetizer or a free round of mini-golf.

Disney may have some issues if they don't do anything to correct the misinformation that was previous provided. Waiting until guests check in isn't really fair.

How would they know who received the 2007 brochure and who received the 2008 brochure? We've got people traveling at the same time who have received different brochures. Not to mention when everybody who went last year digs their old paperwork out looking for the 2007 brochure. Then there would be the "2007 Dining Plan Brochure Exchanges" on the DIS. And those who got the 2008 brochure would be ticked off because they missed out on the deal.

Let's say it's too much trouble to work out who receive which brochure and speculate that in order to rectify its mistake WDW should give everyone who booked the basic dining plan appetizers for the period of reservations for which the erroneous brochures went out. What would be the reaction of those who paid twice as much for the deluxe plan so they could get appetizers?

Matt'sMom said:
4) If I were a manager at a WDW restaurant, and someone showed me a 2007 DDP pamphlet and expected those terms to be honored in 2008, I'd probably be inclined to go get them a copy of the current 2008 DDP terms and point out the differences. Hey, if anyone feels entitled to something that is not a part of the current DDP, and wants to ask for free appies... go right ahead. But honestly, I don't see how having a 2007 pamphlet in hand makes one entitled to anything more than the actual terms of the 2008 DDP which one has booked.
Good point.

NOT being contrary or argmentative: Let's look at a possible scenario.

Joe Black: "Yes, we are using the Disney Dining Plan and here is the flyer/brochure/tear sheet we received in May 2008 stating that the appetizers and the tip are covered".

Restaurant Manager: "We're sorry, but that's the 2007 information and there's no way to prove you got that brochure in 2008. If you would like to order appetizers, you will have to pay for them; and the gratuity is now the responsibility of the Guest".

We bought the 2008 Disney Birnbaum book and I was shocked when I read it states, the dining plan includes an appetizers and also that gratuities are included.
PammyPoppins

I would take the information with you upon check in. Show it to the manager, but don't expect anything. You never know what might happen.
We had booked a room at the WL online once and it described the room as having 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa (for a regular room). I showed the CM upon check in and they upgraded us to a suite. My sister in law was upgraded too even though she didn't have the print out from the internet. So you never know what might happen. I doubt you will get free appetizers/tips, but you never know what other Magic might come your way! Have a good trip!

We also just received a packet from Disney for our September trip today, and it also is a 2007 plan brochure (code MYDE07 at the bottom). The only reason that I even read the details is because of seeing this thread earlier today. :rotfl2:

It looks like an entire batch of 2007 brochures have been sent out by mistake.

Given that I knew what the plan was before hand, I can't in good conscience try to get the 2007 benefits this year no matter what. Someone really should contact Disney and tell them of their error, I suppose, but I don't have the time to do so.

The packet that we received looks to be some sort of a teaser to get us excited about the upcoming trip, but it isn't the paid-in-full packet with the ME tags and all. Nothing in it looks to be important at all....just marketing stuff.

We bought the 2008 Disney Birnbaum book and I was shocked when I read it states, the dining plan includes an appetizers and also that gratuities are included.
PammyPoppins

With any and all guide books it is vital to see when the book was published, and realize that Disney, cities, zoos, countries, etc could change anything at any time after it was written, edited, proofed, sent to the publisher, printed, distributed, and sold.... I looked that book up a week or so ago, and it was published in Sept of '07, and I'm not 100% sure they had fully announced the changes at that time, but even if they had, who knows when any changes were impossible?

Bummer, I read that in my packet, and thought this was one of those changes that disney can make to the plan, I should have known that a change that would benefit me would not be real:confused:

I booked the first day and have not been sent a packet yet. I think it is b/c they emailed me my info instead? They did not do that last year. Who knows.

I would definitely be taking it and showing it if it did not have the 07 date on it but with the 07 date I think I would just feel weird showing it b/c they may think I just grabbed an old one from last year and brought it with me..not really having proof that is came in this years packet..lol

Oh how I wish they would change it back though. ;)

I have a really strong feeling that even if Disney does decide to change the provisions of the Dining Plan, no substantial changes would go into effect until 2009.

I got a packet yesterday, but I'm not sure it is from the package I booked but rather the possible itinerary I have on the booking site because there was no specific info on the actual trip I booked. It did have a 2008 dining plan card in there with the correct information.

Christine

I dont think they will honor it - especially since it say 07... they will say the inforation is out of date - that the 08 plan is different and here is the info... interesting we are leaving friday and never recieved a card like that ?????????? we are on the dulx dining plan... funny they dont send all the identical info

All of you that got the wrong info mailed out to you should call Disney and email them about it.

I would love to hear what their responses are to this mix up.

I really don't think you are going to get any kid of "big reaction" when you show WDW CM's the 07 packet you got mailed to you. They will probably just give you a correct 08 one and say "sorry, that's last year's brochure." That's all I would do. :confused3 Not to mention that everything Disney mails out states "plan subject to change without notice"

We are leaving in a couple days with the deluxe dining plan. I asked 3 different CM's if I could get info on the plan mailed to me. ALL of them directed me to the WDW website and told me how to find and print the 08 brochure. They also told me info will be given to me at check-in.

I booked 1st day for Disney Visa and have never received any kind of dining pamphlet, brochure, etc. - just a confirmation letter. I guess I have a hard time understanding how Disney sends different info to different people even tho they've booked the same plan around the same time. :confused3

I booked 1st day for Disney Visa and have never received any kind of dining pamphlet, brochure, etc. - just a confirmation letter. I guess I have a hard time understanding how Disney sends different info to different people even tho they've booked the same plan around the same time. :confused3

Same here and all we have received so far is a bill to pay the outstanding balance!!

With any and all guide books it is vital to see when the book was published, and realize that Disney, cities, zoos, countries, etc could change anything at any time after it was written, edited, proofed, sent to the publisher, printed, distributed, and sold.... I looked that book up a week or so ago, and it was published in Sept of '07, and I'm not 100% sure they had fully announced the changes at that time, but even if they had, who knows when any changes were impossible?

Your point is very well taken but it is their Official 2008 Guide Book and for a big organization like Disney where thousands will read that as a source of information to aide and guide them through their vacation it sets up for much confusion. Also, we signed up for bounceback in September, 2007 just when you say the book was published and for bounceback we were told about the changes.
PammyPoppins

I am booked for September too. Should we all be expecting these brochures in the mail? I don't care about the dining mistake, I just haven't really received anything about our trip yet except for one email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter