Dining Plan says includes appetizer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think they would have given some notice if they changed the dining plan in the middle of the year. Especially if it is a change that would be seen as extremely advantageous to the customer, like this would be. And what about the deluxe plan, if it is a change, are tips included with that too?

I just got the information today (May 6, 2008).

I'm not trying to raise a big stink or get something for nothing (well...the plan was free, but still). But I figured I'd lay this down to a manager and see what the reaction is...if nothing else, just for kicks. But if tons of folks are getting these, they may have their hands full dealing with it.

Apparently at least two people on this board have gotten them...and some are getting the same flyer that has what we believe is the correct info on it...leave it to Disney to muck it up. Hopefully this won't turn out like the DDE automatic gratuity email which turned into a big brouhaha because it wasn't worded clearly.

Thank you for your response. You never know they have a right to change the plan whenever they feel it is necessary even if it is in the middle of the year. If this is the case it is not as if they are taking anything away they are adding things back in therefore there would not be any legal implications even if they chose to raise the price there would not be anything that people could do if not paid in full. However Disney per their booking info/contract would have to honor the original price for those that have already paid in full for their vacations.

I still wouldn't get my hopes up regarding a dining plan change.

I agree with you I think that someone made a mistake and mailed out old flyers. Probably not seeing that the information was in fact different with the brochure looking the same otherwise. On the back of mine at the very right hand bottom corner there is a year mine says MYWDE08 in small print.

I agree with you I think that someone made a mistake and mailed out old flyers. Probably not seeing that the information was in fact different with the brochure looking the same otherwise. On the back of mine at the very right hand bottom corner there is a year mine says MYWDE08 in small print.

Hey, joe black...does yours have a number? If yours says 08 you may have a case ;)

I do believe it is from 07...but they (Disney) need to be more responsible. Someone could book their trip on the premise of this information...and be very VERY let down.

Well, I remember a local K-Mart ad had a playstation 2 game for a ridiculously low price and they actually honored the ad....so, who knows.

So two of us have this, I'm sure others will discover it as well. I can't imagine them adding it back in now in the middle of the year, but who knows anymore.

At any rate...big big mistake they made here...not a simple misprint (like saying $10.99 instead of $100.99). But didn't they have a crazy low rate on a resort last Christmas and they actually honored it....I think it was $25 on Christmas Eve at Saratoga Springs or something like that....

unless I am wrong, I think I remember that they honored it for only one night. This is a little different from a temporary advertised sale...maybe someday I will be able to remember the law school stuff about sales.

Hey Joe I totally agree with you I would try as well it can not hurt to ask they can only tell you no however you may get a nice manager that says hey it was our mistake we will take care of it this one time. You will have more of a case however if it has 08 on it.

I do believe it is from 07...but they (Disney) need to be more responsible. Someone could book their trip on the premise of this information...and be very VERY let down.

Well, since you received it in a package for a trip you already booked, it seems they forward these things to guests who previously booked, and there isn't much chance that someone will book based on this flyer unless they're handing it out with pre-booking stuff. I have DVC, I don't know what they give out when booking regular resorts anymore.

But there's probably a good chance that someone will believe based on this flyer that the plan has been changed.

This thread is bringing out the lawyer in me, which has been dormant for awhile.

Well, I just wanted to call attention at what they sent me more than anything else. It sounds like others got it too so someone screwed up somewhere.

One year, my Mom and Dad were at a Disney restaurant and on the dining plan. An apparantly new waitress thought it was only a 15% discount and insisted they pay the remainder. My Mom stood up and raised her voice, when a manager walked over, comped the meal and sent them both on their way. My parants were left with their dining coupons (you got a coupon book back then) and technically could have ate somewhere else if they weren't stuffed already. That manager ended a negative situation with no questions asked...I still remember that incident to this day.

Anyway, if anyone else has recieved this, I'd be curious to know how many got it. I'm sure they'll be covered with calls if alot of people did.

This thread is bringing out the lawyer in me, which has been dormant for awhile.

Yea, and isn't it fun. Makes me not feel so bad when I make a mistake, knowing that multi-billion dollar corporations screw up things like this.

I just want to see the hotel clerk scratching his/her head in confusion just like I did when I opened it...LOL.

Hey, maybe they transfered that manager Mom dealt with and he now runs our resort....LOL.

Yea, and isn't it fun. Makes me not feel so bad when I make a mistake, knowing that multi-billion dollar corporations screw up things like this.

I just want to see the hotel clerk scratching his/her head in confusion just like I did when I opened it...LOL.

Hey, maybe they transfered that manager Mom dealt with and he now runs our resort....LOL.

Well, it'll help me with the moderating a bit, now that we've established it's a 2007 flyer. No doubt we'll see more threads about this because I'd bet they sent out more than two.

Well, it'll help me with the moderating a bit, now that we've established it's a 2007 flyer. No doubt we'll see more threads about this because I'd bet they sent out more than two.

Yea, something tells me that too. But didn't someone else recieve a promotional packet with this info in it? If that's the case, that IS information recieved PRIOR to booking a trip and changes the dynamics...especially if that person booked with expectation of recieving what it said. I may have mis-read, but I thought that's what they said.

According to the other thread, that person booked their trip on Saturday and received the packet on Monday.

However Disney per their booking info/contract would have to honor the original price for those that have already paid in full for their vacations.

Actually, I think once Disney has accepted a deposit, they are entered into a contract. They have agreed to provide X services at a certain price. They can always provide more for that price, as no one would ever complain. But they can not legally provide you with less than you agreed upon, or charge you more for the services. A good example of this would be the cruise lines trying to add fuel surcharges to reservations already booked. The ones that did tack on charges were ordered in court to refund the money, whether the cruise was paid in full or not, as it was a breach of contract to add the charges.

Well here's the thing...I'm not sure a manager even has the ability to alter how the dining plan works...even if they wanted to. BUT, from a few experiences while at Disney, I've noticed that they often do something to "make things right".

Maybe if everyone who gets this brings attention to it, Disney will learn to be a bit more responsible with what they send out....why would they even keep the 2007 information anyway, isn't that shredded when out of date?

I personally wouldn't feel comfortable angling for compensation for a minor mistake that won't affect your trip at all, but have at it if you want to.

I wonder if there's a way to inform them that they're sending out the wrong material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter